Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Wigs and Hair

Reply
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Unread 01-07-2013, 05:28 PM   #1
Icesky
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 26
Sakura Wigs?

I really want to do a couple Homestuck cosplays in a couple months and I've been looking for a few wigs. I noticed that a lot of people use Arda wigs, however every wig I looked at that I could use for my characters was sold out of black. I don't want a wig that's very styled because I'd really like to be accurate with my wig and planned to style it myself, however I don't want to received a wig too styled to work with. I think the unstyled Sakura wigs (http://sakurawigs.com/wigs_unstyled.php) look like they'd be pretty good, but I don't want to buy them and end up with something that isn't very quality.
Thank you!
Icesky is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 01-07-2013, 06:58 PM   #2
ichigo_m.
Eli Ebberts
 
ichigo_m.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,208
I've never heard of them before. Check in the reviews section of the fourms to see what other people say (:
__________________
Facebook - DA - Commissions - Website
Commissions for Patterns, Accessories, Wigs and Props are OPEN.
ichigo_m. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2013, 09:35 PM   #3
Aurorae
Registered User
 
Aurorae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 208
Oh wow, I remember Sakura Wigs from a few years back. The site still looks the same, and their newest update is from at LEAST a year ago. If you want to order from them, I'd email them first to see if they're even still in business. That said, the fact that there seems to be no info on the wig fiber, cap sizes, etc. doesn't make it look like a good choice. The Five Wits has plenty of homestuck-stylable bases similar to Arda's: http://thefivewits.net/category/cosp...rs/black-wigs/. Also, Arda's Natural Black is a good alternative that might still be available.
Aurorae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2013, 11:18 PM   #4
Icesky
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurorae View Post
Oh wow, I remember Sakura Wigs from a few years back. The site still looks the same, and their newest update is from at LEAST a year ago. If you want to order from them, I'd email them first to see if they're even still in business. That said, the fact that there seems to be no info on the wig fiber, cap sizes, etc. doesn't make it look like a good choice. The Five Wits has plenty of homestuck-stylable bases similar to Arda's: http://thefivewits.net/category/cosp...rs/black-wigs/. Also, Arda's Natural Black is a good alternative that might still be available.
Oh, bummer. Okay, thank you. A lot of those fivewits look pretty styled to me, but I'll try back to Arda's. Thanks!
Icesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2013, 11:59 PM   #5
TeaForThought
Fragile: Handle with Care
 
TeaForThought's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 553
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icesky View Post
Oh, bummer. Okay, thank you. A lot of those fivewits look pretty styled to me, but I'll try back to Arda's. Thanks!
Just as a heads up...FiveWits typically will show examples of how their wigs can be styled. Unless they state it specifically, it won't come out of the bag like that.
Examples: Their Crona and their Katniss wigs do come out of the bag already styled.

Hope that helps a little possibly?
__________________
"People do not care. If you cannot keep up, you will lose everything."
“It’s not how tragically we suffer, but how miraculously we live.”
~Tea is wisdom, just add water~
TeaForThought is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2013, 06:16 PM   #6
Icesky
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeaForThought View Post
Just as a heads up...FiveWits typically will show examples of how their wigs can be styled. Unless they state it specifically, it won't come out of the bag like that.
Examples: Their Crona and their Katniss wigs do come out of the bag already styled.

Hope that helps a little possibly?
Oh, I wasn't aware of that! Thank you!
Icesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2013, 08:16 AM   #7
Ani_BEE
Freaky Fabulous!
 
Ani_BEE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 10,835
Yes Sakura Wigs are still going but they been mostly seller at cons lately.

Personally I've been buying from Arda they past few years.
__________________

Costume-Con 32
Souryuu ~ Yami no Matsuei
Jack & Red Queen

Anime North
Laplace no Ma
Souryuu/Regina ~ Once Upon a Time
Nehelenia


Future cosplays/cons:
Madeline Hatter Legacy Day
Sakizou Arachne
Steampunk - Bride


For Sale
My Wigs • Mascot, Costumes (Humanity has Declined) & D.Gray-man Poker Cards • Zori&Tabi from Japan
Ani_BEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:55 AM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.