Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > A-Kon

Unread 01-07-2013, 01:30 PM   #91
Kagz
ADD Allstar

Go Go GO!!! You can do it!!

Sailor V is all hand stitching then hemming. Excluding armor and props. I have also started thinking about Revamping Kid so that may get put on hold a bit longer, as I need to finish up Sylvanas and get started on Squigly.

Cons 2013
Allcon
Akon
Tokyo in Tulsa
PAX
Glitchcon
Izumicon
Ikkicon

Costumes in the works
Ms. Marvel (remake) Complete
Nayru In Repair
Sylvanas Windrunner 90%
Sailor V 90%
Felicita 50%
Squigly 15%
Tifa Lockheart -planning-
Kuro Usagi -planning-
Sakuya -planning-
Kagz is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-07-2013, 05:33 PM   #92
Sinnocent
Sinful Innocence

Lol, what is Squigly?

Upcoming Conventions

Anime North Texas
Friday: Live Action Usagi Tsukino Saturday: Julia (Cowboy Bebop) Sunday: Original Design Moon Dress

2015 Schedule Coming Soon!
Sinnocent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2013, 06:37 PM   #93
StriderDecimate

Ahh, so excited for A-kon.
I didn't get to go last year, so I'm just that much more driven to go this time around. c:

Plans definitely aren't set in stone, but I'm hoping to be cosplaying:

Terra from Teen Titans
Goddess Madoka from PMMM
and possibly some form of Asami from Legend of Korra

c:
StriderDecimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2013, 08:17 PM   #94
GunnJaxx

A-kon otw... An at a new location too...! This should be interesting.. Anybody else got any fairys in there arsenal for A-kon? I'll be bringing along my Rogue Cheney this go. An of course my Anbu Zabuza... maybe with a sword this time -.-;
GunnJaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2013, 12:27 AM   #95
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnJaxx View Post
A-kon otw... An at a new location too...! This should be interesting.. Anybody else got any fairys in there arsenal for A-kon? I'll be bringing along my Rogue Cheney this go. An of course my Anbu Zabuza... maybe with a sword this time -.-;
If I get her done in time, I will have Juvia for A-kon. I don't need the costume until a con a month later, but if I get the costume done and can give it a test run at A-kon, I might try to work it into my schedule.
Mehdia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2013, 07:12 AM   #96
Celyddon
Co-Host of CosPod

If I have the time--not sure how school will affect my cosplay creation schedule--I will have Erza (Robe of Yuen).
Celyddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2013, 12:05 PM   #97
GunnJaxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mehdia View Post
If I get her done in time, I will have Juvia for A-kon. I don't need the costume until a con a month later, but if I get the costume done and can give it a test run at A-kon, I might try to work it into my schedule.
That would be excellent, let me know if you do, maybe we can take a few pics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celyddon View Post
If I have the time--not sure how school will affect my cosplay creation schedule--I will have Erza (Robe of Yuen).

Sounds good, same to you, I would like to get a few pics in this time around. Theres no Fairy Tail panel going on this year by any chance?

Ikkicon

Akon

San-Japan

Costumes in the works

Anbu Zabuza 90%

Rogue Cheney 30%
Unread 01-08-2013, 01:20 PM   #98
Celyddon
Co-Host of CosPod

Unfortunately, I'm not privvy to the A-Kon schedule (and even if I was, I wouldn't be allowed to share what's on it), so I don't know whether or not there will be a Fairy Tail panel.

I do know that they are still accepting panel submissions, so if you'd like to host one, get in touch with A-Kon's programming staff.

A photoshoot, on the other hand, sounds lovely. However, I cannot honestly commit to anything until I have the final schedule in my hands for two reasons--I need to see when my own panels are scheduled, and I need to see when all the cosplay events/panels are scheduled. I'm attending as a podcaster and videographer, so filming things is one of my top priorities.
Unread 01-08-2013, 04:50 PM   #99
Kagz
ADD Allstar

Sailor Moon - Squigly http://wiki.shoryuken.com/images/0/0...ly_concept.jpg

Celyddon - OOh that is my favorite Erza costume! I made the manga version back in the day are you making the design from the anime or the manga? I know it's just a fabric change, but still curious.

Cons 2013
Allcon
Akon
Tokyo in Tulsa
PAX
Glitchcon
Izumicon
Ikkicon

Costumes in the works
Nayru In Repair
Sylvanas Windrunner 90%
Sailor V 90%
Felicita 50%
Squigly 15%
Kuro Usagi -planning-
Sakuya -planning-
Unread 01-08-2013, 04:58 PM   #100
Celyddon
Co-Host of CosPod

I don't have access to the manga, so it will be the anime version (though I think I may use a pink floral brocade for the obi instead of the plain anime fabric).

I plan to do the Lightning Empress armor for AFest. Eventually, I'd love to make all of her armors!
Unread 01-08-2013, 05:31 PM   #101
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

Sounds like I will totally have to get Juvia done by A-kon if there will be a good turnout of others in Fairy Tail cosplay. I'm going to be doing one of her most recent costumes in the manga because I wanted to have her hair less severe. And I'm going with a wig most people might not like, but I'm using a lighter blue because I like how her hair is colored in the manga sometimes and will be getting a lighter blue wig for it.
Unread 01-08-2013, 06:08 PM   #102
GunnJaxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celyddon View Post
Unfortunately, I'm not privvy to the A-Kon schedule (and even if I was, I wouldn't be allowed to share what's on it), so I don't know whether or not there will be a Fairy Tail panel.

I do know that they are still accepting panel submissions, so if you'd like to host one, get in touch with A-Kon's programming staff.

A photoshoot, on the other hand, sounds lovely. However, I cannot honestly commit to anything until I have the final schedule in my hands for two reasons--I need to see when my own panels are scheduled, and I need to see when all the cosplay events/panels are scheduled. I'm attending as a podcaster and videographer, so filming things is one of my top priorities.
Thats ok Celyddon, we can just take some solo pics together if yours is done in time haha...! Thanks for the info though, I'll have to look further into that.

Kagz - Your Erza version looks pretty awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mehdia View Post
Sounds like I will totally have to get Juvia done by A-kon if there will be a good turnout of others in Fairy Tail cosplay. I'm going to be doing one of her most recent costumes in the manga because I wanted to have her hair less severe. And I'm going with a wig most people might not like, but I'm using a lighter blue because I like how her hair is colored in the manga sometimes and will be getting a lighter blue wig for it.

I don't see anything wrong with the lighter blue wig, I think the darker blue might have too much contrast depending on how dark your fabrics are so it should work out either way!

Ikkicon

Akon

San-Japan

Costumes in the works

Anbu Zabuza 90%

Rogue Cheney 30%
Unread 01-08-2013, 08:25 PM   #103
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

Yeah, I'm totally going with the lighter wig because that's the first way I ever saw her hair color, and I think it just fits her better. I'm probably going with darker fabrics since the manga is black and white so I can sort of go with what I want, though I think the anime might already be starting on the newest arc from the manga and have the colors show up soon.
Unread 01-08-2013, 10:23 PM   #104
Kagz
ADD Allstar

Celyddon - Yea at the time it wasn't that far in the anime but I was so in love with that patterning and the deconstructed kimono look I had to make it. Either way it's still a fantastic outfit and I can't wait to see. At some point I would like to make Knightwalker. But I am so weighted down with other costumes to make it will be a while.

GunnJaxx - Thanks! I had a rough time with those little flowers all the patterning was cut out from another designed fabric and placed onto the gray fabric to mimic the pattern from the manga as best as I could.

Cons 2013
Allcon
Akon
Tokyo in Tulsa
PAX
Glitchcon
Izumicon
Ikkicon

Costumes in the works
Nayru In Repair
Sylvanas Windrunner 90%
Sailor V 90%
Felicita 50%
Squigly 15%
Kuro Usagi -planning-
Sakuya -planning-
Unread 01-09-2013, 12:04 AM   #105
Sinnocent
Sinful Innocence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagz View Post
LOL, omg it's so cute and creepy at the same time XD What is it from?

Upcoming Conventions

Anime North Texas
Friday: Live Action Usagi Tsukino Saturday: Julia (Cowboy Bebop) Sunday: Original Design Moon Dress

2015 Schedule Coming Soon!
Sinnocent is offline   Reply With Quote