Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Props/Accessories/Armor

Unread 01-07-2013, 09:30 PM   #1
jabberwocky-x

Black and white buckled boots (Santa from 999)

I'm planning on cosplaying Santa from 999, and one of the hardest parts is going to be his boots. I am stumped on where to even begin with these boots -- I have never made a pair of shoes for a cosplay before, and while I would love to just buy a pair of boots like these (I mean, I'm willing to shell out up to $75-80 on boots because his boots are pretty frigging cool and I'd wear them outside of cosplay), I'm... not so sure that'd be possible. Would anyone be willing to advise me on how I could possibly tackle this issue? Thank you so much for your help in advance, I'd truly appreciate any advice you could offer on the matter!

Reference Image 1
Reference Image 2
jabberwocky-x is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-08-2013, 12:22 PM   #2
jabberwocky-x

A slightly different question: do you think it would be possible to add studs to the buckles and the white details to these boots, if I were to buy them? If so, how would you recommend doing that? Paint or gluing fabric or some other kind of method?

Granted, with shipping, the total would be $81, and that's not counting the price of having to modify it, and I'm a women's size 6.5/7, so they'd be too big... but still, they are really cool looking and definitely fit the aesthetic!

I also found these, which are designed to be Santa's boots, but eh... I'm not totally sure how I feel about them, you know? ?Thoughts?

Last edited by jabberwocky-x : 01-08-2013 at 12:25 PM.
Unread 04-26-2013, 03:04 PM   #3
jabberwocky-x

I'm so sorry for bumping this again, but I'm still completely stuck on how to go about these boots, and they're really all i have left! can anyone help me out at all?
Unread 04-27-2013, 10:19 AM   #4
courier

The first pair of boots you posted would look quite epic if you modified them to look like Santa's boots. I'd definitely grab some white fabric paint and map out where to paint on the boots, a handful of studs which are usually extremely cheap, and some sealer for on top of the white paint.

As for the size, wear extra socks and stuff your feets in!

I feel like the animecosplayprops boots look a little less awesome than santa's boots, but eh, just me n__n
courier is offline   Reply With Quote