Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Unread 01-08-2013, 05:42 PM   #1
AvengerSasuke

losing weight...i need advice

i use to be fit until i slipped...and gained 20lbs....now i need to tone more cause im at a healthy weight now...what others say im 5'4 and i was at 90lbs cause of a disease in my stomach. i gained the 20lbs cause i had surgery and had to lay down doing nothing and eating for 3 weeks...now i have a lower stomach pouch. along with that i have a damaged nerve on my left hip so when i exercise it swells up and i have one love handle.

im stuck and am not sure on what to do. but i want to stay fit to fit in my cosplays for conventions.

can anyone give some advice?

you can pm if you like.
AvengerSasuke is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-09-2013, 07:04 AM   #2
disgracedwolf
The playful One

hmm well I am in the " Lose-weight" boat as you. umm my advice would be stay away from eatting large amounts of pasta and breads. stay away from sugary foods and start drinking lemon water( which is like basically water and BAM! add some lemon juice and there you go). also start drinking green tea or loose tea as it is good for you. for exercises look up "destorm" on youtube, he give pretty good exercise tips. it should help. just keep your focus never give UP!
disgracedwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2013, 11:05 PM   #3
Kaliza

If I am reading your post right, you are 5'4 and 110 pounds which means you are at the low end of the healthy weight range for your height so I would say if you increase your exercise you should be careful, and be sure to increase your calorie amount so you will be able to increase your muscle mass and not end up losing weight (and muscle.)
Most likely what you want to do to tone up is do some weight training, not a large amount of cardio. Cardio will burn calories and if you burn too many calories you will lose muscle mass,which is also why you should make sure you are getting enough calories, and also enough protein. So I would get some weights if you don't already have some, and look up weight training exercises. One site that you can find videos for how to do these exercises is Sparkpeople.com.
Kaliza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2013, 11:48 PM   #4
noogz256

i was about to say...you are VERY light for your height...so im going to assume to no offense that you have a lot more fat than muscle. hm...you need to eat healthily again meaning a good split of carbs/fats/protein. also you said you have a nerve injury but gotta go through the pain. good luck! injuries are the worst!
noogz256 is offline   Reply With Quote