Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 675 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 01-08-2013, 06:05 PM   #62521
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Oh look, everyone whining about the new pokemon games already.
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
Cosplay FB- BlondieSundae Cosplay
Cosplay Tumblr- The Cosplay Compendium
My twitter- Tweettweet~
My dA- SkullsAndStripes
BlondieSundae is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-08-2013, 06:07 PM   #62522
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

To be fair I don't just assume every single Pokemon game is good simply because it's Pokemon.
Arc_The_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2013, 06:12 PM   #62523
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanarcah View Post
My mom just called to tell me there's a wedding show/expo thing going on this weekend downtown.

I kind of want to see. I know I need the information. I mostly just don't want to go. .-.
Honestly I found sites like The Knot, etc. more valuable; you could always go, see if there are vendors you're interested in, and then research them online, but you could also skip going to the expo entirely and just browse for well-reviewed vendors local to you.

Then again, freebies. Just don't feel compelled to go with a vendor just because they offer you free stuff or discounts or whatever.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2013, 06:16 PM   #62524
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc_The_Lad View Post
To be fair I don't just assume every single Pokemon game is good simply because it's Pokemon.
Niether do I but it's the same old same old OH IT'S NOT THE SAME AS THE OLD ONES THEY
RE RUNNING OUT OF IDEAS... from the mouth of a 14 year old... So I dont think she has any good points to add to an actual conversation
My twitter- Tweettweet~
My dA- SkullsAndStripes
Unread 01-08-2013, 06:35 PM   #62525
Bisected8
panificium delicatum sum

Even thought it's when I abandoned the franchise, Pokemon Black and White did manage to impress me with how they were trying to shake up the formula.

To do; Dark Link (70%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
Bisected8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2013, 06:46 PM   #62526
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Woohoo! I'm typing this on my gorgeous new laptop. MY INTERNET FUNCTIONS PROPERLY AGAIN, I DON'T NEED TO RUN UP MY CELL BILL FOR MOBILE HOTSPOT BROWSING ANYMORE!!!!
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2013, 06:50 PM   #62527
WindNinjaDW
I'm a ninja....word!

I'm excited for Pokemon X and Y --guess they ran out of colors :/-- but I have to admit, it felt like we just got Black and White, and obviously, it hasn't been a year since Black 2 and White 2 have been released. Eh, whatever. It'll give me more of a reason to get a 3DS, aside from the 2 Marios and the Zelda and Starfox re-releases.

*Kilik Lunge from Soul Eater(2012-13)*
*Ren Akatsuki from Fairy Tail(2013)*
*Garterbelt from Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt(TBD)*
*Trafalgar Law from One Piece(TBD)*
*Omoi from Naruto Shippuden(TBD)*
*Master Xehanort from Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep(TBD)*

Future Conventions of 2013 :

Nan Desu Kan, September 13-15, 2013 Denver, CO
WindNinjaDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2013, 06:58 PM   #62528
Angathol
harmony harmony
Canada Forums Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiXikyu View Post
Woohoo! I'm typing this on my gorgeous new laptop. MY INTERNET FUNCTIONS PROPERLY AGAIN, I DON'T NEED TO RUN UP MY CELL BILL FOR MOBILE HOTSPOT BROWSING ANYMORE!!!!
What brand/model?
Angathol is evolving!
Congratulations! Your Angathol evolved into Independent Badass!
Future Costumes: Deedlit : Record of Lodoss War | Saber : Fate/Stay Night | Aya Shameimaru : Touhou Project | Nozomu Itoshiki : Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
Angathol is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2013, 07:02 PM   #62529
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindNinjaDW View Post
I'm excited for Pokemon X and Y --guess they ran out of colors :/-- but I have to admit, it felt like we just got Black and White, and obviously, it hasn't been a year since Black 2 and White 2 have been released. Eh, whatever. It'll give me more of a reason to get a 3DS, aside from the 2 Marios and the Zelda and Starfox re-releases.
That is my only problem, they're making them faster than I can play them. I haven't even beaten Platinum before I got Black and White...
My twitter- Tweettweet~
My dA- SkullsAndStripes
Unread 01-08-2013, 07:03 PM   #62530
MaiSheri
Eternal Procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
Today is bollocks. I just want to sleep.
Sam, you have summed up how I feel about today so nicely.
I almost called in sick, but I need to save my precious few sick days for when I'm actually sick, and not just hating the world.
Stupid world.

Also: Pkemon. I only ever played Yellow, when it came out. Go me. Go Pikachu.
Unread 01-08-2013, 07:05 PM   #62531
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angathol View Post
What brand/model?
A Lenovo Thinkpad Edge (with a trackpoint. I CANNOT STAND track pads. Which made it a hell of a lot harder to get a new laptop for a reasonable price)
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Unread 01-08-2013, 07:38 PM   #62532
WindNinjaDW
I'm a ninja....word!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieSundae View Post
That is my only problem, they're making them faster than I can play them. I haven't even beaten Platinum before I got Black and White...
I suppose it is no surprise, though. They come out with a new Pokemon just about every year, even if it's just an update of the most relevant generation at the time.

*Kilik Lunge from Soul Eater(2012-13)*
*Ren Akatsuki from Fairy Tail(2013)*
*Garterbelt from Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt(TBD)*
*Trafalgar Law from One Piece(TBD)*
*Omoi from Naruto Shippuden(TBD)*
*Master Xehanort from Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep(TBD)*

Future Conventions of 2013 :

Nan Desu Kan, September 13-15, 2013 Denver, CO
WindNinjaDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2013, 07:47 PM   #62533
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyumuChan View Post
I don't know, every mom, try to do something with her "little" boy/girl... but all children do not find it funny like her..
I don't really think she's trying to be "funny"; probably she's being practical. Way more practical than me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny_dreadful View Post
Honestly I found sites like The Knot, etc. more valuable; you could always go, see if there are vendors you're interested in, and then research them online, but you could also skip going to the expo entirely and just browse for well-reviewed vendors local to you.

Then again, freebies. Just don't feel compelled to go with a vendor just because they offer you free stuff or discounts or whatever.
We are so slow on planning. We have yet to do things like pick a location. Or a date. Gonna be a long engagement~

So, wedding expos. What really happens at one? Is it basically just a lot of different vendors with booths trying to sell their company/services? I may be working this weekend (my work weeks begin on Saturdays, it's weird), so I don't even know if I can go to it or not, regardless of what I want to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiXikyu View Post
A Lenovo Thinkpad Edge (with a trackpoint. I CANNOT STAND track pads. Which made it a hell of a lot harder to get a new laptop for a reasonable price)
Congrats on your new laptop! I entirely approve of this! Not that my approval means anything, of course. I have a Lenovo T61 now and had a different model back in college that lasted for 6 years (and only died because I doused it with an entire can of Kearns fruit nectar...). They're not the most powerful or the most pretty, but damn can they take a beating and keep chugging along. I never used a padded carrying case for either of mine and keep them on pretty much 24/7. Somehow they seem like they were made specifically not to die for pretty much forever.
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2013, 07:54 PM   #62534
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Yeah, "Takes a beating and a half" was a big factor in this one. I'm not easy on my laptops; I HAMMER on my keys and basically always will (bad enough that my Dad had to get a collapsible rubber keypad for the desktop so I'd stop making so much noise), so any delicate keyboards will be broken within a few months, my laptop gets constantly moved and travelled with (Like, in a suitcase at LEAST twice a month, moved from one spot to another daily since I don't have a desk to keep it on), I have the lovely/bad habit of eating while at the computer though I try to keep my hands off til I've wiped off any residue, and I'm pretty hard on the my trackpoint when gaming. My old laptop was an IBM Thinkpad from the early 2000's- the predecessor to this one, I think, actually- and it ran just fine, except for its usb ports being just about shot. And, at last, its wireless card/driver stopped picking up most wi-fi and I had to concede defeat and get another.
Unread 01-08-2013, 07:58 PM   #62535
OtakuSpark
TO THE MOON!

Snacking on breathmints. :3
OtakuSpark is offline   Reply With Quote