Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Wigs and Hair

Unread 01-07-2013, 04:25 AM   #1
Chaletica
[laughs]

Apollo Justice hair help?

So I'm going to cosplay Apollo Justice, and wonder what would be the best way to do his hair. I think a wig could be best, but I'd need a lace front for that, I think.
I know Arda has a lace front that would be good, but buying from there is too expensive with international shipping so I need another place...
And how should I make the antennas?

Could I do this with my own hair? I have short-ish brown hair, and if I slick it back it should look about right... the hardest things is getting the antennas right.

Unread 01-07-2013, 08:56 AM   #2
trmbngrl
Britt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaletica View Post
So I'm going to cosplay Apollo Justice, and wonder what would be the best way to do his hair. I think a wig could be best, but I'd need a lace front for that, I think.
I know Arda has a lace front that would be good, but buying from there is too expensive with international shipping so I need another place...
And how should I make the antennas?

Could I do this with my own hair? I have short-ish brown hair, and if I slick it back it should look about right... the hardest things is getting the antennas right.
Covering the front of a wig with your own natural hair going to look weird to me, no matter how close in color it is the fibers still photograph differently and for me it's REALLY annoying having to style my hair every time I want to cosplay. Also the wig cap would look really really strange pushed back. So either buy a lace front wig, make one yourself (which is a pain in the butt, I don't recommend it unless you absolutely have to) or fake a lace front.
trmbngrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2013, 03:44 AM   #3
Chaletica
[laughs]

well, with "using my own hair" i meant using just my own hair (without a wig).
I guess I could make one, even though it sounds hard... what do you mean by "faking a lace front"?
Unread 01-08-2013, 07:32 AM   #4
trmbngrl
Britt

I know what you meant it's still going to be difficult/look weird no matter how similar you think your hair is @__@

http://cosplaybrain.files.wordpress....an-d3kq67t.jpg

This tutorial works well if you don't need a soft look for faking a lace front! For Apollo it really looks like this would be a way easier option to do.
trmbngrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2013, 09:34 PM   #5
SanctusMalum

I would suggest looking up characters with similar hair styles like Australia or Austria from Hetalia.

Edit: Here is a picture of Australia so you see what I mean
Vocaloid, Dell Honnie
Batman, Black Mask (Khaotic 14, Metro 14)
Soul Eater, Spirit/Death Scythe (Shado 12, Metro 13&14)
Hetalia, England Cd (Metro 13, Khaotic 14)
Team Fortress 2, Blu Spy
Soul Eater, Giriko
Baccano!, Maiza Avaro
Pokemon, Giovanni (Khaotic 14)

Last edited by SanctusMalum : 01-08-2013 at 09:37 PM. Reason: example
SanctusMalum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2013, 03:06 PM   #6
Chaletica
[laughs]

Also, any wigs you would recommend? His hair seems to me to be mostly slicked back and pretty "flat", but looking at this there seems to be a bit of a "flip" in the back.
Also maybe get a slightly longer one so I can cut off hair for the antenna (which I think I'll have to make on their own), if the store I'm ordering from doesn't have any wefts/extensions? Looking at the tutorial it seems like I'll need some extra hair for making the hairline anyway...

I found this, it's long enough to cut off a bunch of hair (the shop doesn't sell wefts, and if I buy from somewhere else the colors might not match up), and seems to be a similar color. Any other suggestions? and what does a "Monofilament" cap mean?

Last edited by Chaletica : 02-04-2013 at 03:45 AM.
Chaletica is offline   Reply With Quote