Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4007 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-09-2013, 11:42 AM   #62566
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisected8 View Post
Not even an ťclair? O_o

Pretty much (the recipe I used also called for a pinch of salt ¨_¨). You melt the water and butter together, add the flour then beat the eggs into the resulting dough to make a sort of batter. When it's baked the water evapourates and the bubble forms it into a hollow pastry as it hardens.
I thought eclair's had a rising agent in them. I guess I have!

The magic of baking science. Look at me I am a pastry with no rising agent, but I am gonna grow up to be a beautiful fluffy delight anyway! SHOOT FOR THE MOON, CHOUX PASTRY.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-09-2013, 12:03 PM   #62567
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

I feel like my school must start late... I don't go back until the 23rd. Gf's sister is already back at law school.
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2013, 12:07 PM   #62568
Lithium Flower
Handphones

I know Brando wishes he started later...

His semester is from this past Monday until I think the end of April.

At one point his teacher is hosting a field trip to an art museum in Ohio and said if there is enough space Brandon can take me! It's a voluntary trip that costs $25 to attend just in order to pay the teacher back for renting this awesome bus for the trip. It would be a whole-day affair from like 7:30am to 10pm.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 01-09-2013, 12:26 PM   #62569
Sybren117
Gipsy Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
I know Brando wishes he started later...

His semester is from this past Monday until I think the end of April.

At one point his teacher is hosting a field trip to an art museum in Ohio and said if there is enough space Brandon can take me! It's a voluntary trip that costs $25 to attend just in order to pay the teacher back for renting this awesome bus for the trip. It would be a whole-day affair from like 7:30am to 10pm.
That's pretty awesome! But are you actually allowed to take random people on school/college trips? Seems like some creeper potential. Although, I'm guessing this is college rather than high school, right? And I'm also guessing you're not a rapist. So it's probably cool.
Sybren117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2013, 12:31 PM   #62570
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sybren117 View Post
That's pretty awesome! But are you actually allowed to take random people on school/college trips? Seems like some creeper potential. Although, I'm guessing this is college rather than high school, right? And I'm also guessing you're not a rapist. So it's probably cool.
Yes it's college, Brando is 28 soooo I hope this isn't a High School trip :P

I was allowed to attend his Astronomy class twice last year, they where doing a showing at their small astronomy room where they have projectors that display on the domed ceiling.

Since this field trip is not mandatory and would be an all day trip that the students pay for the teacher doesn't mind.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 01-09-2013, 01:52 PM   #62571
fullbleed
Hello I'm Dr Cheeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnarCHris View Post
ITT: People too young to drink try to justify their spending habits. Fuck labels, I proudly support my liqour store and comic shop, because I am an adult, and that kind of lifestyle is generally AWESOME!
Bro five!

I've had a pretty good past few days, last night went up to london for my friend's birthday. Went comic shopping at Forbidden Planet, bought him Walking Dead vol. 8 and bought myself Adventure Time Gloves. Then HMV shopping, couldn't find any vinyl I wanted (though now I REALLY wish I had bought SUICIDE on vinyl) so I bought 13 Assassins and Happiness of the Katakuris. I've never seen it before but the box says "Sound of Music meets Dawn of the Dead" and it's by Takashi Miike so you can't go wrong. Dinner in Chinatown, a couple of expensive pints in a pub and then went to comedy gig. I was fucking hillarious, I'd feel dodgey repeating some of my favourite jokes here though, young uns and all.

It was fun, even though my friend is Needy Mcneederson the most needy person I've ever known.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
Someone supply with a new descriptive label for Fullbleed. Hipster doesn't even cut it any more.
fullbleed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2013, 02:20 PM   #62572
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanarcah View Post
We are so slow on planning. We have yet to do things like pick a location. Or a date. Gonna be a long engagement~

So, wedding expos. What really happens at one? Is it basically just a lot of different vendors with booths trying to sell their company/services? I may be working this weekend (my work weeks begin on Saturdays, it's weird), so I don't even know if I can go to it or not, regardless of what I want to do.
Long engagements can be good things. I don't know why everyone is so down on them.

I didn't go to any expos, but it's basically a big advertisement. The vendors pay for space to try and hawk their wares; I am not into hard sells so I avoided them. I mean, if you are able to go (not necessarily to this one but to any) and you want some free goodies, by all means. I would just recommend taking business cards and following up by looking for reviews and feedback from people who've actually worked with the vendors. That's probably your most valuable tool.

As far as planning and timelines go, I got a bunch of helpful forms out of Martha Stewart Weddings over the years. I think I still have them if you want copies, but there are ample planning and organization tools online.

Man, I just love weddings, I could talk weddings all day. Not that anyone else really wants to, but whatever. MAWWAIGE.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2013, 02:20 PM   #62573
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

I would like to compliment the other movie goers when I saw Django for being 100% civil, well done, no talking, no cell phones, no nothing.
Arc_The_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2013, 02:43 PM   #62574
Lithium Flower
Handphones

I love weddings and planning them out. In my head I have so many ideas for if I get married and stuff. Like, really detailed stuff.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 01-09-2013, 02:43 PM   #62575
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc_The_Lad View Post
I would like to compliment the other movie goers when I saw Django for being 100% civil, well done, no talking, no cell phones, no nothing.
I get the impression it's the kind of movie where you want to be on best behavior if you're in a public setting.

Not a huge Tarantino fan and I'm not planning on seeing the movie, but I thought this was an interesting interview with Kerry Washington.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
Unread 01-09-2013, 02:50 PM   #62576
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny_dreadful View Post
Man, I just love weddings, I could talk weddings all day. Not that anyone else really wants to, but whatever. MAWWAIGE.
I'm big on marriage. Weddings, not so much. But to each their own!

Quote:
Not a huge Tarantino fan and I'm not planning on seeing the movie, but I thought this was an interesting interview with Kerry Washington.
Yeeeeahhh. I can acknowledge Tarantino's skill as a director but his whipsawing between brutal violence and humor is just not my thing.
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2013, 02:50 PM   #62577
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
Bro five!

I've had a pretty good past few days, last night went up to london for my friend's birthday. Went comic shopping at Forbidden Planet, bought him Walking Dead vol. 8 and bought myself Adventure Time Gloves. Then HMV shopping, couldn't find any vinyl I wanted (though now I REALLY wish I had bought SUICIDE on vinyl) so I bought 13 Assassins and Happiness of the Katakuris. I've never seen it before but the box says "Sound of Music meets Dawn of the Dead" and it's by Takashi Miike so you can't go wrong. Dinner in Chinatown, a couple of expensive pints in a pub and then went to comedy gig. I was fucking hillarious, I'd feel dodgey repeating some of my favourite jokes here though, young uns and all.

It was fun, even though my friend is Needy Mcneederson the most needy person I've ever known.
:::Respect knuckles:::

Does he have a friend/relative who lives in the States? Specifically in Long Island?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc_The_Lad View Post
So you torrented it is what you're saying......

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2013, 02:52 PM   #62578
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

Quote:
I get the impression it's the kind of movie where you want to be on best behavior if you're in a public setting.

Considering how often the N word is said, I guess most people we're feeling a little awkward. I didn't care myself, it takes place at a time when it was just a word.

It was also hilarious seeing Jonah Hill as a KKK member.
Unread 01-09-2013, 03:09 PM   #62579
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
I'm big on marriage. Weddings, not so much. But to each their own!
You know I love throwing parties and weddings are basically just big, gaudy, expensive parties.

P.S. I hope we do get to move because it means I can throw more parties.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
Yeeeeahhh. I can acknowledge Tarantino's skill as a director but his whipsawing between brutal violence and humor is just not my thing.
I read another article somewhere (I'm reading an awful lot of articles for a movie I have no intention of seeing) that talked about "the Django effect"; the awkward moment in a mixed-race audience where you don't know whether or not it's okay to laugh at the violence on screen.
Unread 01-09-2013, 03:18 PM   #62580
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

Quote:
I read another article somewhere (I'm reading an awful lot of articles for a movie I have no intention of seeing) that talked about "the Django effect"; the awkward moment in a mixed-race audience where you don't know whether or not it's okay to laugh at the violence on screen.
It's just a matter of identifying when something is truly racist, which is never easy. Myself, I just accept it as is, he wanted to make the movie in this way, a brutal reality laced with satire.