Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Marketplace > Archived Marketplace Forums > Commissions for Hire

Unread 01-09-2013, 03:13 AM   #1
shinaiko

Fellow Cosplayer! Experienced Costume Designer & Fashion Student

I am hoping I could be considered to be your commissioner. I have 5 + years experience as a cosplay costume designer and I am currently going to a private design school for fashion to learn more about the industry. I am wanting to move into making garments for movies and tv shows. As well as design my own clothing line. I am very knowledge about downtown fabric district and I own my own industrial machine ( Juki DDL-800N), overlock machine ( White speedy lock 1600) and home machine ( Singer 4220). Here is my website that I have ( http://shinaiko.wix.com/lealove#!home/mainPage ) it's not official but it's something that I can put some of my work to be viewed at this time. I can draft out a pattern design on adobe illustrator, if you are wanting to see the blue prints on how I make your pattern ( Computer Aided Pattern Design). I also have experience working on a commercial set as wardrobe assistant and dressing/styling talents. I really do love sewing and creating all kinds of costumes!*

My pricing is depending on each project breaking it down with fabric cost, material cost, shipping and most importantly production cost.

*[ I would like to at least make $100 on a whole garment commission, but am willing to negotiate a little if the garment is not to complex] If you were to break it down by hours 8hours by $100.00 = 12.5 hours to work on a commission. Ideally it would take a week to work on a whole garment which is including the trip/s down to the store to get materials. *I am mainly breaking it down to whoever is not familiar or does not understand what it takes for an individual person to put in *labor wise and what they realistically get back in return.*

Everything is precisely picked out for each costume and for each individual specifications.I will always collaborate throughly with each client on what they want and even provide alternatives to fabrics or materials if they are on a lower budget. I make each individual garment from scratch ( drafting out pattern pieces on paper) to fit your measurements that you provide to me. The most important is based on the fabric and the quality in which you are comfortable on purchasing and how durable you want the fabric to be. Also, there is the cost of materials such as buttons, trim, bias tape, zippers, threads, and so on which is also included in the quote. I also try my best to give updates on the progress that is being made with each garment.**NOTE* I can get fabrics at wholesale prices~ I guarantee the cheapest prices!*

****If you would like a quote please go to my website post on contact page or email me at shinaikocosplay@gmail.com or message on my wix site*

****Please provide this information when requesting a quote:
Your Measurements ( listed on my wix site)
Name of character and series
Please provide as many reference photos as possible.*
Request which pieces specifically you would like made.*
What is your deadline date?
Shipping estimate: city, state, zip code
- Please note, that shipping is invoiced later due to only be an estimated calculation.
* I can ship internationally but will be at a higher cost rate then USA.

**** NOTE, I do no provide wigs or shoes. The only thing I can offer is to find you links to shops that would have the shoes your looking for or the wig that you are looking for.*

Costumes that I have worked on or am currently working on
- Doormouse from Alice in Wonderland ( COMPLETED)
-Final Fantasy 12 - Tifa ( COMPLETED)
- Doctor Who Time Lord ( COMPLETED)
- Assassin Creed 3 Connor ( COMPLETED)
- The Last Airbender - Ty Lee ( COMPLETED)
- Ghost in the Shell - Motoko ( COMPLETED)
- Advent Children - Cloud( COMPLETED)
-Twisted Metal - Sweet Tooth/suit version ( COMPLETED)

IN PROGRESS.....
- ​FFVII: Dirge of Cerberus - Shelke Rui ( End of JAN 2013)
- "Unknonw" - TAKT ( March 2013)
- Tales of Graces - Pascal ( March 2013)
- Pokemon - Champion Iris ( April 2013)
- Mortal Kombat - Jade (2013)

I have a gallery of these outfits on my blog which is also on my wix website, please check out ~!

***I accept payments through paypal orders. I will always set up an invoice with each project commission for my client and provided a typed invoice within packaging when delivering the finished garment/s.*

*PLUS SIZES *( W: 10 + , M: 38 + ) : will have extra charge due to extra material cost.

NO REFUNDS, RETURNS, EXCHANGES.

Unread 01-09-2013, 08:34 PM   #2
boa1617

I am hoping to get a Kos-Mos made and also an Erza from Fairy Tail in her white armor. Could I get a quote on these? My cosplay on facebook.com/hinatahyuga1617