Go Back   Cosplay.com > Fashion > EGL

Unread 08-18-2007, 05:48 PM   #1
MsKtty89

Making Short Hair Work?

Okay... I haven't cut my hair yet, but I'm hoping to get a cut similar to Yuki Nagato* from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. It may be a little longer than that in the back, but for the most part her hair is adorable and I'd love to imitate it.

Now, I've seen short hair done in some pictures and such, but not many of them seem to be anywhere near similar to Yuki's and it makes it difficult for me to have ideas.

Would this hair still work for being a lolita? On top of that, would there be anything I could do besides bows, hats, and crowns (such as curling, crimping, and other actual styling)?

I'm thinking, for the sake of being able to do something with it, I may have it closer to shoulder length, so if you have ideas for that length of hair, too, that'd be great.

Another side question, is crimping "accepted?" I prefer it to curling (as I'm not that handy with my curling iron, but think crimped hair can be pretty if done right). I just haven't seen it done too much with lolitas.

Thanks!

*Reference:
http://www.myfconline.com/character_...9609_75876.gif
°~(|/\|
MsKtty89 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-01-2013, 03:59 AM   #2
WantAGuava
Derp of a Being

Short haired lolitas are totally work for lolita, I find the whole idea adorable <3.

I find people forget that lolita is in fact a 'fashion' and fashion can be cahnged and such (of course following the guidelines with...) but as what you could do with I'm not particularly sure...I always found head eating bows adorable on short haired girls.

Perhaps a bonnet if you fancy them?

As for crimping I don't see the problem with it, I really would like to see what it look like in lolita though!
WantAGuava is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2013, 11:58 PM   #3
Kaliza

My hair is also very similar to that style/length and I'd love to hear some ideas on how to wear my hair or what type of accessories to use for lolita outfits! Right now it is red (or reddish/orangish-brown, when it fades) with some purple/blue underneath my layers... I have a lot of trouble with my hair and I hate wigs.
Kaliza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2013, 11:25 PM   #4
animenerd93
Neko Neko Chi CHi

i have waaaaayyyyy shorter hair for lolita, but ive had about that length too. bows esp large ones that sit to one side of the head work perfectly. bonnets tend to overshadow the hair so i tend not to use them. hats def work but only like mini top hats. the minute you go too large on the hat it covers too much hair.

crimping your front bits of hair can look cute but not always
RapMonster- BTS N.O
fem!Ravi- VIXX Hyde
Hyuk- VIXX Voodoo Doll
animenerd93 is offline   Reply With Quote