Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Anime Expo

Unread 01-09-2013, 12:22 AM   #1126
animejunkie
Crossplay is awesome

I ran into him at ALA while he was sitting at the AX table in the hallway (I think it was him, didn't read the name on the badge). Talked with him briefly, but nothing memorable came from it though other than asking if I'd considered staffing when I told him this year would be my 8th AX. I almost LOL'ed in his face

FB: The Casual Otaku

Upcoming Cons/Events

Anime California
AkibaFest
PMX
Anime Los Angeles
Anime Expo 2017
animejunkie is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-09-2013, 01:57 AM   #1127
Hakaider
Sith Happens..

Quote:
I ran into him at ALA while he was sitting at the AX table in the hallway (I think it was him, didn't read the name on the badge).
It was really Marc Perez. He was at the table booth for both Anime Conji and AX at the ALA convention.

Last edited by Hakaider : 01-09-2013 at 02:01 AM.
Hakaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2013, 12:43 PM   #1128
ScarletRhapsody
way past weird

I actually did talk to Marc. He mentioned he was sick, so he couldn't make it. He asked what I thought and I honestly said it was a really off year and the X Games really killed it. He took that criticism with stride.

I just didn't care for the table right next to them (Bak Anime). I was talking to a friend about NYCC and the good things about it (my first time). Baka Anime Dude interrupted us and was like, "Worst. Con. Ever." Talk about rude and lack of social skills...(this is what I expect Tony Harris to look like)...as someone who does table exhibiting professionally, I would never talk ill about another company and interrupt a private conversation from potential clients and registrants.

Yet, end of rant...back to AX

And on the topic of travel, California now has the Megabus.
http://us.megabus.com/

I've taken the megabus from Boston to NY a few times. Very cozy. Free wi fi and outlets if you need to recharge.
ScarletRhapsody is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2013, 01:39 PM   #1129
Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletRhapsody View Post
I actually did talk to Marc. He mentioned he was sick, so he couldn't make it. He asked what I thought and I honestly said it was a really off year and the X Games really killed it. He took that criticism with stride.
苦肉計 (http://wengu.tartarie.com/wg/wengu.php?l=36ji&no=10)
笑裏藏刀 (http://wengu.tartarie.com/wg/wengu.php?l=36ji&no=34)

Or for a more western perspective, see:
http://www.tlnt.com/2011/09/01/surve...t-sick-at-all/

Last edited by Access : 01-09-2013 at 04:38 PM.
Access is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2013, 03:59 PM   #1130
Hakaider
Sith Happens..

Quote:
That's the excuse that he used when I was at AX last year. It's also not the first time that he used that excuse. (I could also see that some of the staffers had a great look of skepticism if he was really sick.)

He was also healthy enough to show up at a Anime Conji meeting prior, and after AX.
Unread 01-10-2013, 01:36 AM   #1131
animejunkie
Crossplay is awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakaider View Post
That's the excuse that he used when I was at AX last year. It's also not the first time that he used that excuse. (I could also see that some of the staffers had a great look of skepticism if he was really sick.)

He was also healthy enough to show up at a Anime Conji meeting prior, and after AX.
Suspicious indeed....eh, maybe one day someone who is more competent will take over as CEO :/

FB: The Casual Otaku

Upcoming Cons/Events

Anime California
AkibaFest
PMX
Anime Los Angeles
Anime Expo 2017
animejunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2013, 05:04 PM   #1132
Waifu Beam
emiya plz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citrakite View Post
This I'm sort of surprised by. I would Swear he said he'd never come back after the unpleasantness of the last year or two he was a guest with AX.
Same here.

|| FacebookInstagram ||
Waifu Beam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2013, 12:55 AM   #1133
Freight
Rolling 20's Podcast Host

He probably wants more exposure for his band and is biting the proverbial bullet.
Freight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2013, 01:12 PM   #1134
Hakaider
Sith Happens..

Just a quick update on the AX convention hotels.

The convention hotels for the Westin Bonaventure & the J.W. Marriott have opened up for reservations on January 31, 2013. The other hotels will be opened at a later date.

Here's the link:

https://www.cmrhousing.com/animeexpo...HotelList.aspx

Note : When the J.W. Marriott opened up yesterday, most of their rooms were sold out within a matter of hours. (The AX weekend of Saturday & Sunday have already all been sold out.)

Also, one of the AX staffers have also confirmed that AX Masquerade will NOT be at the Nokia theater again this year in 2013.

This is what one of the AX staffers, "TonyN" wrote at the official AX forum:

Here's the link:

http://community.anime-expo.org/topi...squerade-2013/
Quote:

Masquerade has traditionally been held on the evening before the last day of convention and we expect no different in 2013.

We will not be using Nokia this year.

Last edited by Hakaider : 02-01-2013 at 01:18 PM.
Unread 02-01-2013, 04:21 PM   #1135
Access

Yeah it seems like the days of getting the Nokia are over... I guess we can still hope for some A-class guests this year though.
Unread 02-01-2013, 06:25 PM   #1136
El_Duque
miyoshi82

Great, that's not good. That's a sign that the concerts will be at the LACC too, which I'm not a fan of since Japanese musical GoHs deserve better IMO since this is the first time they will be performing stateside.

Also, I have this bizarre feeling that the featured anime that AX might do this year is Sword Art Online since it has been successful. I'm sure they will get VAs, production staff, and musical GoHs from that show.
Interested in joining our ranks? Click on the links above.

Youtube
Twitter
Con History
Anime Los Angeles 2011-2013, 2015
Anime Expo 2006-2011, 2015
Wondercon - 2013, 2015
San Diego Comic Con 1994-present
Comikaze Expo 2011, 2013-present
Long Beach Comic Con 2009-2012
Anime Conji 2010-present
Hanadoki Con - 2015
El_Duque is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2013, 06:39 PM   #1137
Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Duque View Post
Great, that's not good. That's a sign that the concerts will be at the LACC too, which I'm not a fan of since Japanese musical GoHs deserve better IMO since this is the first time they will be performing stateside.
I thought it had already been established a while back that this year they will be solely in the LACC, no Nokia at all.

Unless it is supposed to be some kind of surprise announcement or something like that...
Sadly the economics behind the Nokia may just not be feasible anymore.
Unread 02-02-2013, 12:43 AM   #1138
Freight
Rolling 20's Podcast Host

The economics would be feasible if the funds the SPJA has are used in a more elegant fashion. I doubt without a regime change that they'll be able to make the right kind of long term decisions that should put them in the convention circuit driver's seat.
Freight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2013, 01:31 AM   #1139
Access

I just mean, if I remember correctly, they said shortly after the end of this year's AX, no Nokia this year at all.
Unread 02-02-2013, 08:42 AM   #1140
sicdedman
SicLeatherFace

I always liked going into the Nokia Theater for the AX Concerts and such!

But after AX 2012, I Think they did a Good job with the LACC Room they had for Concerts/Opening Ceremonies/Closing Ceremonies/Masq/Ect. I saw LiSA perform and it was really good! The Sound (sounded) Good and the Stage could be seen through the room (of Course)! So I think they should stick with the SAME set-up for the Room. was it HALL G? I cannot remember....

If they can just fix the Autograph Sessions, that would be good. because one minute I'm told by the AX Staff (Autograph Session) that i don't need a ticket for an autograph and then next thing i know I am in a good spot in line then they announce (Must have a Ticket) for autograph... so it's like why was I told differently earlier lol.

Attending : AX 2016 (9th Year, 2nd Year Industry)
SDCC 2016 (8th Year, 2nd Year Staff) - PMX 2016 (7th Year Attendee, 2nd Year Staff)
sicdedman is offline   Reply With Quote