Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Makeup and Eye Contacts

Unread 01-03-2013, 09:00 PM   #1
Ellorium

Witch Teeth

So, I'm gonna be cosplaying as the Witch from Left 4 Dead/ 2. I haven't found any photos that suggest that she has sharp teeth, but despite that I'm going to buy a pair from Dental Distortions, because I think it'll add to the cosplay and my teeth currently are in need of braces and I don't want to use them. And this is a cosplay where posing may require an open mouth, so I'd really prefer them.

My question is which pair to buy. I've heard that this place will stain the gums of some teeth for free (and even if there were a fee for it, I wouldn't mind). I have money for either pair of the following, but I'm just not sure which pair would fit her more.

These in black or natural (you can see if you scroll down).

Or these, either pink gums or with the gums stained grey. There's also the question for these on whether to get the ones with stained or unstained teeth. Though, with unstained teeth, I may be able to use them for a Homestuck cosplay. (The gremlins in black I could also use for HS cosplay.)

Obviously no matter what I'll be waiting for them to come back into stock, but the con I'm using them for is Anime Expo 2013, and since these don't require any more work than boiling and using the fitting plastic, I could seriously receive these the day before the con and it'd be no problem whatsoever.

(I guess this would be in makeup/contacts??? I've seen teeth threads here AND in props/accessories/armor so. Idk.)

Thanks!
Ellorium is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-10-2013, 03:16 AM   #2
Ennvui

Hi there! I'm also in need of teeth for Homestuck, for AX13! :P

I think it would be a wise idea to get the Gremlin, just so you don't have to buy a second pair for another cosplay. I think Unstained, with black/grey gums would look the best for both the Witch and for Trolls.

But the question for both of us is, will they ever be back in stock! ><
Unread 01-10-2013, 01:17 PM   #3
animenerd93
Neko Neko Chi CHi

not sure when ur getting ur braces but this is from ur website
"Quanities are limited.

Not to be worn with braces."

u cant wear mouth pieces such as teeth when u have braces as it wont fit properly AND the heat molding wrecks them......
RapMonster- BTS N.O
fem!Ravi- VIXX Hyde
Hyuk- VIXX Voodoo Doll
animenerd93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2013, 01:42 PM   #4
Ani_BEE
Black Magic Woman

Also add to this, if you have permanent retainer (wire molded to the back side of your teeth) you can use these as the facing side it what the forming plastic conforms to.

Anime North '15
Souryuu / Sohryu - Yami no Matsuei (Fri)
Nehelenia ~ Sailor Moon (Sat)

Future cosplays/cons:
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
cosplay items, wigs, and materails for sale.
Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup reviews!
Ani_BEE is offline   Reply With Quote