Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > TV/Movie/Musical (live action)

Reply
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-03-2013, 07:00 AM   #271
booksandcorsets
Registered User
 
booksandcorsets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlette View Post
Yes, there will be a group of us at Katsu! Saturday during the early afternoon, if you're interested! We want to get some photos at the pirate ship.
I'll be there!
__________________
--
Propped Up Creations
booksandcorsets is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 01-07-2013, 01:36 PM   #272
Ani_BEE
Freaky Fabulous!
 
Ani_BEE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 10,835
That was a great season premier. Loved Hooks comment at the end of the show about Cora.
__________________

Costume-Con 32
Jack ~ Pandora Hearts
Souryuu ~ Yami no Matsuei
Red Queen

Anime North
Laplace no Ma
Souryuu/Regina ~ Once Upon a Time
Nehelenia


Future cosplays/cons:
Madeline Hatter Legacy Day
Sakizou Arachne
Steampunk - Bride


For Sale
My Wigs • Mascot, Costumes (Humanity has Declined) & D.Gray-man Poker Cards • Zori&Tabi from Japan

Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons and cosplay tutorials!
Ani_BEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2013, 08:14 PM   #273
Arlette
Let it Go
 
Arlette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,313
Started on this last night...pretty much the next day after the behind-the-scenes pics came out. I won't say what it is here, in case people don't want spoilers. But after this Sunday, all bets are off! XD

__________________
"No one decides my fate but me."

Please check out http://www.facebook.com/dualwieldcosplay for more updates, or follow me on Tumblr at http://arlettecosplay.tumblr.com!
Arlette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2013, 02:21 PM   #274
touchmon
Make All The Things!
 
touchmon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 5,723
^I know what the outfit is and I love it so far!

For me, I actually started working on Red. I have hercloak done. I'm really happy with how it came out and how swishy it is. XD I also ended up wearing my Inukashi wig to see if it would work for Red but I think it's a bit too light...
__________________
Working on...
|Zangoose Gijinka(Pokemon)|Leira(OC)|Anna(Coronation Dress, Frozen)|Fem. Waver(Fate/Zero)|Yui(Casual Outfit, Diabolik Lovers)

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2013, 10:50 PM   #275
Faraday
oh modern man.
 
Faraday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 649
Quote:
Originally Posted by touchmon View Post
^I know what the outfit is and I love it so far!

For me, I actually started working on Red. I have hercloak done. I'm really happy with how it came out and how swishy it is. XD I also ended up wearing my Inukashi wig to see if it would work for Red but I think it's a bit too light...
Heeey, I picked up the same exact fabric for my Red cloak! Thank goodness you didn't line it -- I did and because of the stretch it grew. :/
Now I keep going between what Red outfit I want to make. originally I was going to do her first outfit, but since I saw her S2 promo outfit in this past week's episode I'm thinking of switching things up (though it seems the new outfit still uses elements of the first anyway).
But can anyone figure out what color her corset actually is in the latest episode? It looks kind of green but I think green+red is kind of tacky. idk, thoughts? Anyone have any better pics?
EDIT: Black and silver striping perhaps? http://images.wikia.com/onceuponatim...idowLucas2.JPG

And I finally got real pictures of my updated bandit!Snow costume http://www.acparadise.com/acs/display.php?p=676072
Now I wanna make her white riding outfit from the current season. So I'm kind of torn between a new Snow outfit or Red for Comic-Con (both have roughly the same amount of work in store).
__________________

Last edited by Faraday : 01-12-2013 at 11:20 PM.
Faraday is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2013, 09:56 AM   #276
touchmon
Make All The Things!
 
touchmon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 5,723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faraday View Post
Heeey, I picked up the same exact fabric for my Red cloak! Thank goodness you didn't line it -- I did and because of the stretch it grew. :/
Now I keep going between what Red outfit I want to make. originally I was going to do her first outfit, but since I saw her S2 promo outfit in this past week's episode I'm thinking of switching things up (though it seems the new outfit still uses elements of the first anyway).
But can anyone figure out what color her corset actually is in the latest episode? It looks kind of green but I think green+red is kind of tacky. idk, thoughts? Anyone have any better pics?
EDIT: Black and silver striping perhaps? http://images.wikia.com/onceuponatim...idowLucas2.JPG

And I finally got real pictures of my updated bandit!Snow costume http://www.acparadise.com/acs/display.php?p=676072
Now I wanna make her white riding outfit from the current season. So I'm kind of torn between a new Snow outfit or Red for Comic-Con (both have roughly the same amount of work in store).
Oh wow. I didn't know that. 0= I just didn't line it due to saving money on fabric. Lol.

The corset seems to me, a weird brown gray color of some kind. 0_o. I'm not too good with odd colors though and figuring out what they are though...

I love your bandit Snow. ^_^

Currently I'm trying to figure out what kind of fabric to use as the base of Red's corset. I know I'm going to be embroidering the flowers on but finding a base with a similar design is turning out to be harder than I thought...
__________________
Working on...
|Zangoose Gijinka(Pokemon)|Leira(OC)|Anna(Coronation Dress, Frozen)|Fem. Waver(Fate/Zero)|Yui(Casual Outfit, Diabolik Lovers)

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2013, 02:20 PM   #277
Arlette
Let it Go
 
Arlette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,313
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faraday View Post
Heeey, I picked up the same exact fabric for my Red cloak! Thank goodness you didn't line it -- I did and because of the stretch it grew. :/
Now I keep going between what Red outfit I want to make. originally I was going to do her first outfit, but since I saw her S2 promo outfit in this past week's episode I'm thinking of switching things up (though it seems the new outfit still uses elements of the first anyway).
But can anyone figure out what color her corset actually is in the latest episode? It looks kind of green but I think green+red is kind of tacky. idk, thoughts? Anyone have any better pics?
EDIT: Black and silver striping perhaps? http://images.wikia.com/onceuponatim...idowLucas2.JPG

And I finally got real pictures of my updated bandit!Snow costume http://www.acparadise.com/acs/display.php?p=676072
Now I wanna make her white riding outfit from the current season. So I'm kind of torn between a new Snow outfit or Red for Comic-Con (both have roughly the same amount of work in store).


I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it does look to be an olive green...tweed? But it goes with the colors in the overskirt so I don't find it tacky at all. I love this outfit!
__________________
"No one decides my fate but me."

Please check out http://www.facebook.com/dualwieldcosplay for more updates, or follow me on Tumblr at http://arlettecosplay.tumblr.com!
Arlette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2013, 04:00 PM   #278
Mehdia
The Corset Queen
 
Mehdia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 4,061
I love that look for Red myself. The downtoned green doesn't make it look like a Christmas red and green combination, instead it looks really pretty and flattering. If I still decide to make a costume for Red in the future, I think that's the one I would go with. (Also, love that picture of all of them in the fairy tale costumes in the modern world...so awesome.)
Mehdia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2013, 06:49 PM   #279
Faraday
oh modern man.
 
Faraday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 649
Yeah, I was seriously hoping it wasn't holiday green, because a few pics I brought up it looked like it could've been bright green because of the lighting and I was immediately turned off by it. But dark olive I can dig.
__________________
Faraday is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2013, 10:26 AM   #280
Ani_BEE
Freaky Fabulous!
 
Ani_BEE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 10,835
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeregrinTook310 View Post
Currently finishing up my bustier to the my Regina, and I'm about to start sewing up the riding over dress! Finally came across the floral patterned vinyl yesterday at Hobby Lobby, and a possible hat base! No full construction images yet, but they'll be soon to come! Here's some fabric pr0n though :P!

Sorry to double post about this but this is a the vinyl I saw at Len's Mill in Ontario I saw.
__________________

Costume-Con 32
Jack ~ Pandora Hearts
Souryuu ~ Yami no Matsuei
Red Queen

Anime North
Laplace no Ma
Souryuu/Regina ~ Once Upon a Time
Nehelenia


Future cosplays/cons:
Madeline Hatter Legacy Day
Sakizou Arachne
Steampunk - Bride


For Sale
My Wigs • Mascot, Costumes (Humanity has Declined) & D.Gray-man Poker Cards • Zori&Tabi from Japan

Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons and cosplay tutorials!
Ani_BEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2013, 11:01 AM   #281
Moofingham
Randomosity at 88mHz
 
Moofingham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 386
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlette View Post
Started on this last night...pretty much the next day after the behind-the-scenes pics came out. I won't say what it is here, in case people don't want spoilers. But after this Sunday, all bets are off! XD
It looks great so far! As soon as the episode aired on the sunday, I recognized it. (Gods, you work fast, Arlette.)

Well, hopefully off to my aunt's friend place this weekend, aka, the home of giant cutting table. Red's cloak and skirt need to be started, so I'm just going to get all those huge pieces done, so I can start sewing. I haven't sewn for a while. I'm getting the cosplay itches.
__________________
Cosplay Plan of Attack:

Warning! Warning! Incoming Costume Con 32!
Divert all Creative Subroutines for Maximum Awesomeness.

I'm working on them... I swear!
Moofingham is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2013, 03:43 PM   #282
touchmon
Make All The Things!
 
touchmon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 5,723
Not very well taken picture since my sister isn't home to take it for me...but I finished Red's skirt! I'm so grateful her shirt will cover the top of the skirt because I was having trouble with the waistband. >_>

Now all that's left for me to make is the corset and to track down a pair of gloves and a shirt that would work well.
__________________
Working on...
|Zangoose Gijinka(Pokemon)|Leira(OC)|Anna(Coronation Dress, Frozen)|Fem. Waver(Fate/Zero)|Yui(Casual Outfit, Diabolik Lovers)

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2013, 07:16 PM   #283
Arlette
Let it Go
 
Arlette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,313
Quote:
Originally Posted by touchmon View Post
Not very well taken picture since my sister isn't home to take it for me...but I finished Red's skirt! I'm so grateful her shirt will cover the top of the skirt because I was having trouble with the waistband. >_>

Now all that's left for me to make is the corset and to track down a pair of gloves and a shirt that would work well.
Cute! Looks nice! I really like the cloak. It's nice and big and flowy!
__________________
"No one decides my fate but me."

Please check out http://www.facebook.com/dualwieldcosplay for more updates, or follow me on Tumblr at http://arlettecosplay.tumblr.com!
Arlette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2013, 07:18 PM   #284
Arlette
Let it Go
 
Arlette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,313
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
It looks great so far! As soon as the episode aired on the sunday, I recognized it. (Gods, you work fast, Arlette.)

Well, hopefully off to my aunt's friend place this weekend, aka, the home of giant cutting table. Red's cloak and skirt need to be started, so I'm just going to get all those huge pieces done, so I can start sewing. I haven't sewn for a while. I'm getting the cosplay itches.
LOL! Normally I'd never start something before seeing the episode, but Belle is my precious bb and I knew I'd love it. And I don't work that fast, really...I kind of start out full force and get a lot done in a short amount of time, but then when the thing is at about 70% I stop working and put it off for days (or weeks, if time allows) so then I'm rushing to finish later.

Vicious cycle.
__________________
"No one decides my fate but me."

Please check out http://www.facebook.com/dualwieldcosplay for more updates, or follow me on Tumblr at http://arlettecosplay.tumblr.com!
Arlette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2013, 08:39 AM   #285
Ani_BEE
Freaky Fabulous!
 
Ani_BEE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 10,835
Downloaded a hi-res version of episode 21 (in Russian I think O_o) to look closer at Regina apple dress.

The trim is actually rainbow mirror striped ribbon. >_< Yeah right I'll fin that. lol I'm sticking with silver and hand sewing that down.

I wish I could just ask someone in the costume department where they got that brocade!!!

I did find this as it have the general shade of the purple/blue floral pattern they used
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tchlink:top:en


I've order this lace in silver to cut up to make her Appliques over black fabric. Adding some beads to it as I go.
http://www.etsy.com/listing/10908075...-flowers-black
Black and silver lace fabric Appliques are impossible to find so this is my solution.


After Anime North I'll do some proper shopping in Toronto to see what I can find for fabrics.
__________________

Costume-Con 32
Jack ~ Pandora Hearts
Souryuu ~ Yami no Matsuei
Red Queen

Anime North
Laplace no Ma
Souryuu/Regina ~ Once Upon a Time
Nehelenia


Future cosplays/cons:
Madeline Hatter Legacy Day
Sakizou Arachne
Steampunk - Bride


For Sale
My Wigs • Mascot, Costumes (Humanity has Declined) & D.Gray-man Poker Cards • Zori&Tabi from Japan

Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons and cosplay tutorials!

Last edited by Ani_BEE : 01-17-2013 at 09:18 AM.
Ani_BEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:06 PM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.