Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-10-2013, 08:16 PM   #61
kaligoddess
Frost Fanatic

I miscarried at a con. It wasn't because of the con (blighted ovum, it just wasn't a viable pregnancy) but it was really shitty timing and my husband and I were trying to conceive so I was pretty devastated emotionally besides the physical pain.

Happy ending is that healthy baby #2 is due in May.

Unread 01-10-2013, 09:18 PM   #62
12WolfZ
thersAferinthehenhows

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA2R View Post
So we got there, and asked if they had her card. And older woman glanced at us for a moment, and went back to what she was doing. We asked her again, and again...and again! This time we were starting to make a scene to get her attention...it was just pure craziness at this point.
And finally! The old woman who was ignoring us when we walked in, reached into her front pocket of her apron, and threw the card at us! We were speechless...
I would have notified the authorities. The fact that she pocketed it like, at all, is just bad bad bad. You never do that. Kinda like a black-jack dealer putting their hands in their pockets: Even if ya' ain't stealin', that be a good when to get ya'self in terble.

It's understandable that you all just wanted to get out of there tho.

This year at Shadocon in Tampa, the whole schedule for the saturday events got pushed back by hours for god knows why. They didn't start the rave until 3 AM, and even then it only lasted for 30 minutes because the hotel staff shut it down. Something about a city curfew, I guess (?). All the ravers were so angry. I didn't stay for the full 30 (too tireddd), but I heard it was chaos. I thought the whole things was just hilarious. The rest of the weekend was completely on time, but that one night in Tampa, FL...haha.

Last edited by 12WolfZ : 01-10-2013 at 09:21 PM.
12WolfZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2013, 09:19 PM   #63
kuroki-neko
A hero reborn

this is not as bad as most of what people posted but i had to go back home on the 2nd day of a con so my parents could go to a football game. that was the last year that con was held. i met allot of good people there.
Unread 01-11-2013, 12:57 AM   #64
nancyblkburn8
Banned

I'm pretty lucky that that's been my worst experience.
nancyblkburn8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2013, 01:31 AM   #65
XxMai-chanxX
Momo

I got sexually harassed by a worker at the doushinji booth. I was in my Stocking Anarchy cosplay. he was like 20 or older and I was 14.
Unread 01-12-2013, 01:50 AM   #66
Twin-Tails
~Tails

I thought i lost my phone once... i freaked out for ages trying to find it, turns out it was in my friends bag the whole time though... so not a total disaster.
Twin-Tails is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2013, 02:56 AM   #67
daylight
Sugar Junkie

I havent gone through too much

on my first con my cosplay completly fell apart, and I was over it, It was uncomfortable and I didnt really like the way it looked on me. and it was half held together by safety pins holding up floppy craft foam wings . rushed mistakes like holes in the fabric because I didn't have enough time to put in eyelets
looking back on it ,im like deargodwhy!!!! I cant believe I was in public in that
its been 2 years and I still haven't looked at that costume since I put it away

also I ended up paying $8 for a burrito from a food truck that wasn't that good, and it was super greasy, I dripped it ALL over my skirt, I didn't realize it until it was too late, but I was already callous about the whole situation
I ended up changing into normal clothes after that, then saw Sadie in concert (first concert ever, second row crappy seats in front of the speakers, couldn't hear well for hours after it was over, best experience of my life!!!!)

my poor friend that I was with had a much worse time, she sliced open her had at the beginning of the con,

I was trying to trim the Zip tie on my staff and before I could do anything she whips out a razor blade and cuts TWORDS herself as I screamed
"WAIT no not twords-"

She looked like she needed about 5-7 stitches and refused to go to the hospital, because she was raised with eastern medicine and hates hospitals

luckily im crazy and I brought tons of baby wipes, and a first aid kit with an excessive amount of band aids and bandages in it

I didnt know this till later but she was light headed and on the verge of passing out the whole day
Unread 01-15-2013, 02:22 AM   #68
Moonsong
daughter of evil

Omg, otakon 2012. Biggest clusterfuck of bad luck ever.

First, i forgot the dress bag that had 2 of my costumes inside at my boyfriends house. second, my body wash exploded all over the inside of my bag on the way down to Baltimore. I had to wash the soap out of all my remaining cosplays, bras, pajamas, etc. before i could use them. Third, the zipper on my Celty costume broke before I even got to wear it. $90 down the drain. Fourth, the photographer i scheduled my very first photoshoot with never showed, and never answered my texts. Lastly, on Monday after the con, i was caught in a torrential downpour while waiting for the bus home. there was no shelter except a small tree. all of my stuff got soaked, i got soaked, AND the bus had the AC on full blast the whole 3 hours home. the only good thing is that i somehow managed to avoid getting sick.

On hiatus until 2015.

★Saber EXTRA - 100% complete
★Rachel Alucard (Blazblue) - 100% complete

Moonsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2013, 03:21 AM   #69
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

Before the con this weekend I was in a lot of online drama when I made posts about roommates.

Karen Porter was staff at this con. I did send this screenshot to the head people and they'd said they were going to reprimand her for this. Considering my past experiences with harassment, I had my doubts they were actually going to do so.

She did try to apologize with explanations that made no sense and continued to insult my family in her "apology." She said that if they're close friends that my parents know, there shouldn't be a problem rooming with boys and that my parents don't trust me. It was pretty clear the boys I was talking about were not close friends, so this is a lie. I also learned that her claim "I've never had a problem rooming with boys" is a lie. A friend who worked on staff with her said she refused to do so two years ago.

On the last day of the con, she took her chance to say a bunch of crap about me while I was in earshot. The security saw me crying and took a report saying they would investigate and inform me on updates. At this point, I'm not sure about attending this or the other con these people run.

Edit: And the guy, William Mark whose is calling me sexist. I know he's sexually harassed at least two friends of mine. So he's not someone who should be complaining about "misandry" he brought that on himself.

Anime NebrasKon: Jane Porter (Disney's Tarzan) - Haruka Nanase (Free! Iwatobi Swim Club) - Chinese!Sakura Kinomoto (Card Captor Sakura) - Lapras (Pokemon Gijinka) - Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan)

Last edited by Shana05 : 01-16-2013 at 08:59 AM.
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2013, 10:05 AM   #70
Ilafatyu
That guy

Looking at the con horror stories everyone else has, mine isn't quite so bad.

The third convention I went to, I was completely alone. My friends had to drop out at the last second, leaving me to room with a pack of strangers. I sort of knew one of them, but the rest were complete unknowns. I almost had a breakdown Friday night after walking the con alone for hours (on top of being sick), but I ended up taking a shower and going to bed after the masquerade. I fell asleep on the chair. Good times.

The next day I didn't care quite so much about being alone and really enjoyed being able to go to whatever I wanted without a friend attached to me every moment. In retrospect, 16-year-old me probably shouldn't have been wandering around alone, but if it's any use, I was wearing a terrible Tsukasa (.hack) cosplay and nobody bothered with me.

I have so many more good con experiences than bad ones, and for that I count myself lucky.

facebook // tumblr
Want to help create a US anime convention map?
PM me your local conventions to add to the map

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Lie Ren (uniform - RWBY) - 75%
Soren (Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn) - 0%
Ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2013, 10:50 AM   #71
Larcenciel
Seeking Misuzu Kamio.

Picked on at Otakon by some idiots for crossplaying at Cardcaptor Sakura at Otakon. They joked about getting it on somewhere out of public or something like that. I don't even remember. I was like "....hahaha...." and looked away.

Cosplay 1: Sailor Venus (Commissioner failed to make 4 month deadline)
Update: August 10th.... still nothing.

Reality: Recycled or no cosplay at all. Got to love commissioning! Thanks everyone!! Serious thanks to Dulcinea, who actually made the deadline for the accessories far in advance and of outstanding quality. Sucks they won't be used.
Larcenciel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2013, 11:07 AM   #72
Royalbakaness
Zombie Unicorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaligoddess View Post
I miscarried at a con. It wasn't because of the con (blighted ovum, it just wasn't a viable pregnancy) but it was really shitty timing and my husband and I were trying to conceive so I was pretty devastated emotionally besides the physical pain.
:-( My heart just broke when I read this. I'm so sorry you had to go through that!
Unread 01-15-2013, 03:14 PM   #73
pinkkiller

There is always something that goes wrong at cons for me, but this one is probably the worst:

I joined up with a friend and her friends for a con (sharing car, tents, etc.). They didn't exactly live where I live so driving back would have been a slight detour - so when I met some people that were from my city and apparently had a car too I mentioned to my friend that I might go with them for convenience.
The last day I spoke to the people I met again and it turns out there not driving to my city and all, so that wouldn't work out. I didn't think it was a big deal at the time.
My friend and I weren't really glued together because we were interested in different stuff on the con, so we agreed to a meeting place at a certain time when we would leave. When I got there and waited very long she wasn't there, I went to staff to get them to call her name over the speakers but she didn't show up. My cell phone didn't have any batteries at the time so I couldn't even call her!

After a while of hanging around the meeting place I finally got scared that she had left without me and went back to the camping grounds... and they had left.

So there I was, stranded in a strange city, with no money, no friends and no cell phone. I can safely say I was pretty close to a nervous breakdown, but I remembered that you can take the train and pay the fee for fare dodging later if you can't afford the ticket, so I thought I'd just try that and explain the staff my issue so they would let me stay on the train.

At the station I talked to the information lady and she sent me to the police (I hadn't even thought of that, silly me...) where I just broke down and cried a lot until the nice officer realised I could charge my cell phone at one of their stations, so we did that and then he called my friend.
They were already far out of the city, but turned around to gather me up. The friends of my friend were pissed at ME for some reason because now it would take them longer to get home.

They left because they thought I had gone with the other people, even though at no point did I say it was a sure thing. Her friends never liked me so my guess is that they made her think of me like a person that would just vanish without a word and ditch my friend just because I have a new lift...

Last edited by pinkkiller : 01-15-2013 at 03:19 PM.
pinkkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2013, 03:39 PM   #74
Naiagu
That one cosplayer

This happened twice, in two different cons.

Last year at Fanime I cosplayed as Korra, during the photo shoot they had all the Korras and the Amons on each side look like they were battling which was cool. An Amon cosplayer had the great idea of lunging forward, put his hand on my forehead and pushed me down. "Taking my bending away". I scraped both my knees. Of course, everyone was yelling "NOOO" and the Korra's burst forward to pretend attack but no one asked if I was alright. I limped the rest of the day and was probably the grumpiest Korra at the con afterwards.

This also happened while I was walking down a hallway, again as Korra, at Anime Expo last year, I was chatting with my boyfriend when an Amon came at me and did the same thing as the last guy, this time my knees didn't scrape thankfully but I hit my funny bone. The Amon cosplayer left afterwards, not really saying anything.
Ruby New Years.........Progress 0%
Secret Cosplay...........Progress 100%
Secret Cosplay 2...........Progress 0%

Conventions for 2014:
NorCal Winter Gathering

Contact me: Tumblr, DA, FB Fan Page, Skype: Naiagu
Naiagu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2013, 04:54 PM   #75
AshofRebirth

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkkiller View Post
There is always something that goes wrong at cons for me, but this one is probably the worst:

I joined up with a friend and her friends for a con (sharing car, tents, etc.). They didn't exactly live where I live so driving back would have been a slight detour - so when I met some people that were from my city and apparently had a car too I mentioned to my friend that I might go with them for convenience.
The last day I spoke to the people I met again and it turns out there not driving to my city and all, so that wouldn't work out. I didn't think it was a big deal at the time.
My friend and I weren't really glued together because we were interested in different stuff on the con, so we agreed to a meeting place at a certain time when we would leave. When I got there and waited very long she wasn't there, I went to staff to get them to call her name over the speakers but she didn't show up. My cell phone didn't have any batteries at the time so I couldn't even call her!

After a while of hanging around the meeting place I finally got scared that she had left without me and went back to the camping grounds... and they had left.

So there I was, stranded in a strange city, with no money, no friends and no cell phone. I can safely say I was pretty close to a nervous breakdown, but I remembered that you can take the train and pay the fee for fare dodging later if you can't afford the ticket, so I thought I'd just try that and explain the staff my issue so they would let me stay on the train.

At the station I talked to the information lady and she sent me to the police (I hadn't even thought of that, silly me...) where I just broke down and cried a lot until the nice officer realised I could charge my cell phone at one of their stations, so we did that and then he called my friend.
They were already far out of the city, but turned around to gather me up. The friends of my friend were pissed at ME for some reason because now it would take them longer to get home.

They left because they thought I had gone with the other people, even though at no point did I say it was a sure thing. Her friends never liked me so my guess is that they made her think of me like a person that would just vanish without a word and ditch my friend just because I have a new lift...
I'm really sorry. I had something similar happen to me. But I was thankfully only an hour away from home.

I went to the Texas Renaissance Festival with some... "friends". They were really hard to keep up with. It didn't help that I was wearing hoof boots. (like heels with the heels cut off)
They kept turning and leaving me without saying anything. It was a real freaking CHORE to stay with them. Even my "closer" of the friends was being flakey.
Finally at the end of the day, the whole group was going off to somewhere. It was me and three other people falling toward the rear. My "closer friend" leaves and RUNS off to the front of the group, leaving me behind basically. Eventually they get so far, the rest of us are like "Screw this.". We turn around and go find something else to do.
It didn't help that it was getting dark.

To top it off. We camped there. I unfortunately was the only one to drive by myself. Even though my "close friend" and I lived in the same city, opposed to the other, he chose to not carpool with me and take the longer route instead.
This is, is that my phone died. The car charger didn't do its job in their car.. The others eventually left me at the empty campgrounds alone because I was taking to long to get out of my wing harness.

So yeah, an hour away from home in the rural part of Texas, I have NO idea how to get home without Google Maps. My car was making funny sounds! It was hard enough getting to that particular place in the campground. But eventually I found my way out.. kinda remembered places.. found a gas station and got a map. The old-fashioned way. Despite sucky people, I was really proud of myself to find my way back home ^-^. I was just scared as fuck during it.
To top it off even more. They had no regrets. They didn't even feel bad. My "close friend" was the only one to say he was worried sick. But still he was the one that left me.
No one even asked if I arrived home safely.
I can say without feeling bad. Fuck those people.
I don't talk to any of them anymore.

I support Loose Cannons Props! And you should too!
AshofRebirth is offline   Reply With Quote