Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Unread 01-10-2013, 10:48 PM   #1
Commissar vdr

Advice on losing weight and being fit?

Hello i am getting into cosplaying but i need to get alittle more fit and also lose some weight
i was wondering if anyone has any tips or advice..
i do have some what of a bad back {two perforated discs} but it is healing and i am able to cosplay
i am about 220 pounds and six foot ball but most of the is just fat .
I am eating healthier and healthier as i am finding out certain foods make me sick . I have to mainly eat no wheat and gluten free. But i still had the weight problem. there are alot of heart problems in my family. Just recently my dad had a heart attack and now he has cancer so that is another reason i would like to get healthier is to better prevent that stuff from happening
i would love any advice or tips on getting fitter and losing the weight and maybe gaining some muscle.
Commissar vdr is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-11-2013, 12:51 AM   #2
R-R-RADICAL
Zydrate Addict

Have you tried myfitnesspal.com? It's a way to keep track of your calories and helped me a lot when I wanted to lose weight.
R-R-RADICAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2013, 02:46 AM   #3
Arti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commissar vdr View Post
I have to mainly eat no wheat and gluten free. But i still had the weight problem. there are alot of heart problems in my family. Just recently my dad had a heart attack and now he has cancer so that is another reason i would like to get healthier is to better prevent that stuff from happening
i would love any advice or tips on getting fitter and losing the weight and maybe gaining some muscle.
I would like to know what you normally eat on a daily basis, as it would help further in the problem. As much as I try to limit my consumption of gluten, the "gluten free" substitutes are still carbs that are causing your blood sugar to spike. Usually when you eliminate wheat and gluten, it's usually to eliminate the food group together, not to substitute it for an equivalent.

In terms of fitness, the most efficient approach is to do weights, keeping protein intake high, and not worry about the cardio (if you like to do it, go ahead, but shouldn't feel like a chore). There are many programs out there that will get you started in terms of gaining strength, but they will all lead you to the same goal; It depends on what available resources you have (gym membership, home equipment, money, etc).
Arti is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2013, 06:50 AM   #4
Drazhar

DDP Yoga.

It got Page back from a ruptured L4 and L5, also there's Arthur

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FS...ature=youtu.be

and Louie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0h7VOla39OY
Drazhar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2013, 12:45 AM   #5
noogz256

with your back...i would wanna make sure its was healed all the way before doing weights. do light weight or even just body weight stuff. gluten free breads and crackers and stuff are great but beans and some veggies are pretty high in carbs as well. just staying active is a great way to start off in the range of your injury of course
noogz256 is offline   Reply With Quote