Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Wigs and Hair

Unread 01-09-2013, 11:54 AM   #1
Tigersoul

Question Help making a Multicolor Tail from Hair

Trying to figure out the best way to make a tail that's 6 colors (Rainbow Dash) I have the hair in the right colors, but I'm not sure how to arrange it or secure it... anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

"The bad news is he ended up building the whole rock tower... the good news *gulp* I have a rock tower to knock down..." - Rainbow Dash, My Little Pony: Fiendship is Magic (S03E09)
Tigersoul is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-09-2013, 03:09 PM   #2
PSY-chan
Arrogant Ignoramus

There is a ponytail clip tutorial somewhere in this forum. You'll probably want to lay the wig fibers down in blocks, and maybe layer the ends a bit so all the colors show. If you don't want to use the banana clip in the tutorial, you can probably stitch the wefts to felt, then pin it to you costume/outfit. Don't know if this is helpful or not...good luck!
PSY-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2013, 01:49 AM   #3
Tigersoul

Little disappointing that there weren't more replies, I'd think MLP cosplay was popular enough that there would be a ton of Tutorials out there... (of course if google is any indication, it's rare for ppl to make RD tails out of actual hair...)

Thanks for the info, Psy! I'll take a look

"The bad news is he ended up building the whole rock tower... the good news *gulp* I have a rock tower to knock down..." - Rainbow Dash, My Little Pony: Fiendship is Magic (S03E09)
Tigersoul is offline   Reply With Quote