Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > TV/Movie/Musical (live action)

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-13-2012, 11:11 AM   #166
anatomic-latex

Hi!
The Siren costume from ‘Tron: Legacy’
The movie costume designers have simplified their task and created their outfits of biflex though the movie concepts reminded more of latex catsuits.
To create a phosphorescent latex Anatomic-latex joined his skills with another Moscow latex atelier RuBear.

Last edited by anatomic-latex : 03-16-2012 at 04:09 AM.
anatomic-latex is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-29-2012, 03:42 PM   #167
PetiteAltesse

All finished! (Aside from the other helmet lights and the other crotch... garter things. lol But those will be done in time for the con next weekend.) I'll have more/better photos after the convention.

Unread 04-28-2012, 12:59 PM   #168
robotnik976
came from Planet Claire

I just finished modifying my Kevin Flynn's Deluxe identity disc for my Gem cosplay!

It was a long and epic journey! ahahaha
robotnik976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2012, 02:30 PM   #169
PetiteAltesse

Wow! That looks really good! It almost seems translucent.
Unread 05-01-2012, 04:06 PM   #170
Candle

@Icey: Whoa!! Great job! Do tell, where did you get that awesome helmet?! And where did you get the yellow EL? I bought yellow EL a while ago and it turned out having a BLUE center wire covered in yellow which made it glow green... Very annoying. But I digress! You cloak is simply stunning.

@PetiteAltesse: Oh, yeah! I saw your work on deviantArt! It really inspired me to get working on my friend's and mine Tron suits again! It's just... spot on and just squeal worthy. You truly are Rinzler come to life!

Okay, okay, enough of my creepy, excessive drooling...
I can't believe I've never seen this post! It's great to see fans are still working on their suits.
I'm in the process of planning a full Clu 2.0. costume, suit, cloak and all. I'm also trying to convince my friend to be Rinzler. (not to mention I eventually want to do a classic Tron suit!)

So yeah. Just popping in to say you're all awesome and you got me thinking about my suits again.
Flynn Lives!
Candle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2012, 04:03 AM   #171
PetiteAltesse

@Candle: Oh wow! What a compliment. Thank you so much!

I always say this when people leave me feedback, but everything you said really means a lot to me. While most of my feedback on this costume has been positive, I've gotten the occasional negatives as well. So, to hear a nice comment like this lets me know that my hard work paid off, if that makes sense. C:

I spent so long trying to get that costume as accurate as possible (with exceptions made for comfort) that hearing comments like "nice interpretation" or "they got the suit wrong" kind of bothered me. I mean, I know I wont be able to make it 100% accurate (no one can).

Everyone is entitled to their opinion though I guess. I'm proud of it! And I'm glad the people that do like it enjoy seeing my work online. It's fellow cosplayers like you that keep me positive. After all, this is just a hobby and, while I do strive to do my very best, I have to remember that not everyone will like what I do... but there are many who will! C: That and I cosplay for myself. If I like my work... then it's perfect in my book! lol

So thanks! Sorry for the mini-rant/empowerment speech. lol Just felt like sharing. Plus it's 3:00AM and I'm a sensitive insomniac.

Can't wait to see your Clu and Rinzler costumes! Do post pictures!

Last edited by PetiteAltesse : 05-12-2012 at 04:08 AM.
PetiteAltesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2012, 12:03 PM   #172
Icey
Loves the cold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candle View Post
@Icey: Whoa!! Great job! Do tell, where did you get that awesome helmet?! And where did you get the yellow EL? I bought yellow EL a while ago and it turned out having a BLUE center wire covered in yellow which made it glow green... Very annoying. But I digress! You cloak is simply stunning.
Thanks! The helmet was made by me. I started off with a paper mached balloon and built around it with poster board in the shapes I needed, covered those with more paper mache, smoothed it out with joint compound and painted it. Basically a poor man's pepakura. I'm in the process of remaking it with resin and bondo this time since the other one is starting to chip pretty bad and it's slightly too small for my head so it hurts my cheeks taking it on and off.

I got the yellow EL from coolneon.com. It's the high bright stuff, but I'm going to be swapping out majority of the stuff for LED strips instead. My center wire is also blue. All EL wire is either blue, turquoise, or white. It's the colored sheath that goes over it that makes the other colors. The sheath on mine is orange. Yellow would make sense, but during my trials of what color would work best, I also had the problem of glowing green when I tried placing clear yellow plastic over white wire since it's such a cool white that it gives off a bluish hue.
Icey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2012, 09:41 PM   #173
royjovero

Petite, do you happen to take commissions?
royjovero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2012, 06:46 PM   #174
Rinzle

So I see no one has been to this thread in awhile but hopefully someone will see it I'm planning on mashing castors costume design with some hints of Rinzler/ tron but in green for a virus program because I'm female I'm calling it lady Rinzler what do u guys think. I'm on my phone right now so I don't have any pics posted of the design concept yet will do that in a couple of days. I'm planning this costume for ACen 2013 in Rosemont IL.
Rinzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2012, 01:35 AM   #175
PetiteAltesse

Quote:
Originally Posted by royjovero View Post
Petite, do you happen to take commissions?
I'm sorry, but I don't. :C
Unread 11-26-2012, 01:36 AM   #176
Rinzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetiteAltesse View Post
I'm sorry, but I don't. :C
hiya petite, so question for you im having a difficult time on deciding what fabric to use for the coat of my costume. I was originally thinking vinyl but idk what do you think.
Usagi Tsukino School uniform 100% complete Otakon 2013

Next Years cosplays

Neo Queen Serenity V.2. hopefully something i dont have to readjust every five minutes
The Red Whirlwind Romeo X Juliet
TBA third cosplay
all three will Debut at Anime Central 2014
Rinzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2013, 05:13 AM   #177
PetiteAltesse

I would not recommend vinyl. If you want your coat to look like leather then I would use something like pleather with a nice lining. Otherwise, if you want comfort and a great looking coat, I'd recommend linen. I use it for most of my costumes. It's light, it breathes, and it looks really nice in detail shots.
Unread 06-06-2013, 07:42 AM   #178
Annissė
Annissė

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by anatomic-latex View Post
Hi!
The Siren costume from ‘Tron: Legacy’
The movie costume designers have simplified their task and created their outfits of biflex though the movie concepts reminded more of latex catsuits.
To create a phosphorescent latex Anatomic-latex joined his skills with another Moscow latex atelier RuBear.

You already know how I feel about your AMAZING latex and glow in the dark latex costumes <3
Twitter - Annisse
DeviantArt - Annisse

UPCOMING COMIC CONs 2013:
DragonCon
Comikaze

UPCOMING COSPLAYS:
Evangelion 2.0 - Asuka in latex
Annissė is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2013, 08:12 AM   #179
Annissė
Annissė

Smile My Siren Gem

After what, almost 2 years I'm finally posting my completed Siren Gem costume and I'm STILL not satisfied until I actually light it up which I am going to try and attempt to do with Lite Tape and debut it at Dragon Con 2013. We shall see. I threw in a shot of my Quorra with Lionel's Light Cycle and EOL Club waitress too. All part of my TRON costume work in 2011.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 483992_10151917294660268_1865747033_n.jpg (49.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Annisse_Tron.jpg (187.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg SirenAnnisse.jpg (177.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg QuorraAnnisse.JPG (67.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg EOL_08.jpg (117.5 KB, 0 views)
Twitter - Annisse
DeviantArt - Annisse

UPCOMING COMIC CONs 2013:
DragonCon
Comikaze

UPCOMING COSPLAYS:
Evangelion 2.0 - Asuka in latex
Annissė is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2013, 08:39 AM   #180
Annissė
Annissė

Talking TRON 30th Anniversary 2012