Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Reply
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 85 votes, 4.96 average.
Unread 12-06-2012, 04:10 PM   #11506
ChatNoir
Lubim Ta
 
ChatNoir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 204
._. Hi! Even though this thread is huge and hasnt been posted in in a bit, I figured I was better off posting here than starting a new thread.

I'm from the western PA/Pittsburgh area. I wanted to see if anyone was going to Tekkoshocon, Setsucon, or Colossalcon, since those are the three I'll be attending in 2013. I've never been to Setsu or Colossal so if anyone has been and has any input please share.
__________________
2013 Cosplays

Rose Tyler - Doctor Who
River Song - Doctor Who
Kaylee Frye - Firefly
Fem!Sam - Supernatural
Sam Winchester - Supernatural
Fem!Sherlock - BBC Sherlock
Fem!Newt Geiszler - Pacific Rim
ChatNoir is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 12-09-2012, 04:45 PM   #11507
kenharel
Registered User
 
kenharel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 263
Hello! :] I live in the Harrisburg area (Mechanicsburg to be exact.) Finding other cosplayers near me has been difficult, but I'd love to join a group, or just make friends in general.
__________________
Otakon 2016 cosplays:
-Hotarumaru (Touken Ranbu)
-Oikawa Tooru (Haikyuu!!)
-Koizumi Hanayo (Love Live!)

kenharel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2012, 07:00 PM   #11508
Livebyhonor
Daedric Lord Bryon
 
Livebyhonor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 20
I'm from Pittston and although I don't do a lot of actual cosplaying I did enjoy it when I went out in my Daedric armor I had to rush together in 3 weeks time. For the most part I like making things that can be used for cosplay. Perhaps when my V2 armor is done I will make myself more noticeable. For now I think I may just be here to make friends or Compare/provide crafting notes and such.

And here is a pic of my 3 weeks to do armor. eventually I will show the new detailed stuff.
Livebyhonor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2012, 08:11 AM   #11509
Lostdreamz
I bought Lavi..literally!
 
Lostdreamz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,767
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livebyhonor View Post
I'm from Pittston and although I don't do a lot of actual cosplaying I did enjoy it when I went out in my Daedric armor I had to rush together in 3 weeks time. For the most part I like making things that can be used for cosplay. Perhaps when my V2 armor is done I will make myself more noticeable. For now I think I may just be here to make friends or Compare/provide crafting notes and such.

And here is a pic of my 3 weeks to do armor. eventually I will show the new detailed stuff.
Wow that looks amazing!!!

Just wanted to say go to the new peeps who posted and I'm afoot 45 mins North of Hershey =) always nice to see new peeps in here...
Lostdreamz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2012, 10:30 PM   #11510
Lisama
Social Link GO!
 
Lisama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 293
Welcome to the new people on the board! Hope you all are staying warm for the winter. I can't wait for it to be spring again and be nice and warm as well, lol. =x Is anyone planning on going to Setsucon or Zenkaikon next year? It would be fun to have a small meetup if so! =]
__________________
My lame little cosplay page. Check it out if you like. - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Zdnil...7521646?ref=hl
Lisama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2012, 05:14 PM   #11511
scoobysnack
Rhys's Secret Fling
 
scoobysnack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 13
I'm trying to get a group together for Tekko 2013. I want to do these warrior princess designs. http://geektyrant.com/news/2011/12/2...-warriors.html

I already chose Rapunzel, but others are open. If you are interested let me know! I live in the Pittsburgh area.

p.s. I'm still getting used to this site so be patient with me.
__________________
Rachie

Cosplay Page: facebook/RachieCosplay

Take me some place where there's music and there's laughter.
scoobysnack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2013, 10:55 AM   #11512
AmeCassee
Lost, gone to find me.
 
AmeCassee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 155
Hope people are still looking at this as I just stumbled across it.

I live around Lancaster, Pa. I am planning on going to three cons right now, Zenkaikon, Katsucon and Otakon. I haven't been to otakon in five years due to college go I am pretty excited! (Also if anyone is interested I am planning to cosplay Tifa from Advent Children and I have no group.)

Also, LiveByHonor, you put me to shame. I have been telling everyone there is no way I have time to do a costume for Katsucon and here you pulled that awesome thing together in weeks! I applaud you sir.

Finally, I saw the age thing and I laughed. I act at a haunted attraction over the fall months and I am one of the oldest at 25, everyone else is around 13...and they are all taller than me!! It made me think of that, they all called me old, haha!
AmeCassee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2013, 10:42 PM   #11513
M3lt
You sayin' I like dudes?
 
M3lt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 126
This thread still exists?! Hello! I'm back in Lebanon now, and need cosplay friends in the area!
M3lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2013, 10:28 PM   #11514
Lostdreamz
I bought Lavi..literally!
 
Lostdreamz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,767
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeCassee View Post
Hope people are still looking at this as I just stumbled across it.

I live around Lancaster, Pa. I am planning on going to three cons right now, Zenkaikon, Katsucon and Otakon. I haven't been to otakon in five years due to college go I am pretty excited! (Also if anyone is interested I am planning to cosplay Tifa from Advent Children and I have no group.)

Also, LiveByHonor, you put me to shame. I have been telling everyone there is no way I have time to do a costume for Katsucon and here you pulled that awesome thing together in weeks! I applaud you sir.

Finally, I saw the age thing and I laughed. I act at a haunted attraction over the fall months and I am one of the oldest at 25, everyone else is around 13...and they are all taller than me!! It made me think of that, they all called me old, haha!
Welcome! and I will be attending Katsucon and Otakon, I gave up Setsucon and Zenkaikon this year for Anime Boston! Hoping it is worth the trade and the trip up there lol... ><'

I am prob a lil over 1 hr north of Lancaster, but I have a friend who lives down that way! You are by no means old, heck I'm 30 and dont care what ppl say I adore cosplaying it just so much fun, altho a darn expensive hobby!

Hey M3lt long time no see on here! XD
Lostdreamz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2013, 06:36 PM   #11515
AmeCassee
Lost, gone to find me.
 
AmeCassee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostdreamz View Post
Welcome! and I will be attending Katsucon and Otakon, I gave up Setsucon and Zenkaikon this year for Anime Boston! Hoping it is worth the trade and the trip up there lol... ><'

I am prob a lil over 1 hr north of Lancaster, but I have a friend who lives down that way! You are by no means old, heck I'm 30 and dont care what ppl say I adore cosplaying it just so much fun, altho a darn expensive hobby!

Hey M3lt long time no see on here! XD

Hello! Thank you for the warm welcome.

I understand trading cons in for another. You will have to let me know how Anime Boston turns out!

Lancaster tends to be a central hub for a lot of places. Course I travel to those places rather than others coming here, haha! The group I am going to Katsu and Otakon with live over an hour away, and I tend to head their way a lot. I am happy to hear you live closer, lol.

Oh, I was kidding. I in no way think I am old, trust me. And neither are you!

I have not cosplayed in so many years. As I now have my degree I realize that I am a perfectionist more than ever so my costume will most likely break me as I nitpick over it. I am so glad I do not have pictures up of my old costumes. I cringe at them now...
AmeCassee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2013, 09:29 PM   #11516
Lostdreamz
I bought Lavi..literally!
 
Lostdreamz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,767
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeCassee View Post
Hello! Thank you for the warm welcome.

I understand trading cons in for another. You will have to let me know how Anime Boston turns out!

Lancaster tends to be a central hub for a lot of places. Course I travel to those places rather than others coming here, haha! The group I am going to Katsu and Otakon with live over an hour away, and I tend to head their way a lot. I am happy to hear you live closer, lol.

Oh, I was kidding. I in no way think I am old, trust me. And neither are you!

I have not cosplayed in so many years. As I now have my degree I realize that I am a perfectionist more than ever so my costume will most likely break me as I nitpick over it. I am so glad I do not have pictures up of my old costumes. I cringe at them now...
NP! ^_^ and I am that way with being nit picky too, I guess it comes with my type A personality at times?! O_O XD.. but I think its worth being so fussy in the end lol ...

if at Katsu you see a bouncy hyper Fai teasing a chibi Kuro or Xerxes mocking a Gilbert, thats most likely me come over and say hi, always love meeting new peeps and making new friends!
Lostdreamz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2013, 06:56 PM   #11517
AmeCassee
Lost, gone to find me.
 
AmeCassee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostdreamz View Post
NP! ^_^ and I am that way with being nit picky too, I guess it comes with my type A personality at times?! O_O XD.. but I think its worth being so fussy in the end lol ...

if at Katsu you see a bouncy hyper Fai teasing a chibi Kuro or Xerxes mocking a Gilbert, thats most likely me come over and say hi, always love meeting new peeps and making new friends!
Haha! I have been doing art for 18 years of my life and have been trained as a Fine Artist, so I go nuts when I am creating something. If it is not right in my mind, well...I am not happy with it.

Oh I will be on the look out! Sadly I will not be in cosplay till Otakon when I rock my Tifa outfit but I will be with my group at a table with the artists. So if you get down there look for me there! Our group is called 20SidedDesigns. I have no idea WHERE we will be but I know I will be at the table for sure! ^_^
AmeCassee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2013, 12:16 AM   #11518
Axlias
Her Own Person
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChatNoir View Post
._. Hi! Even though this thread is huge and hasnt been posted in in a bit, I figured I was better off posting here than starting a new thread.

I'm from the western PA/Pittsburgh area. I wanted to see if anyone was going to Tekkoshocon, Setsucon, or Colossalcon, since those are the three I'll be attending in 2013. I've never been to Setsu or Colossal so if anyone has been and has any input please share.
Ohai! I'm going to Tekko~!
I hear Colossalcon lots of fun, but I have yet to see for myself... Though I really want to go~
__________________
Future Cosplays
Romano - Hetalia
Prussia - Hetalia
Yuzuki - Vocaloid

Future Cons
Tekkoshocon X-2
Axlias is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2013, 11:08 AM   #11519
Xelica
The Hyper One
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 19
Why am I so young compared to every one else on this site? D': *teenager*
Xelica is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2013, 05:58 PM   #11520
Noir Tsukiyomo3
I vomit emotions
 
Noir Tsukiyomo3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhill View Post
Noir, what part of PA are you in? It does make a difference.

The next con is Setsucon Jan. 28-29 at State College.
Then Tekkoshocon March 21-25 in Pittsbough.
And Zenkaikon May 11-12 in Oaks, PA (Philly area).

There is also Erie Anime Experience in Sept but there web site is down.

There might be some small university cons around but I don't know them. There is also the sci-fi cons in Philly and Pittsbough and some gaming cons here and there.
I never got to reply to this! I live in the York area for school, I go to York College of Pennsylvania, so that's close to York Hospital. I'll be cosplaying again nexxt year, since college expenses are a drag.
__________________
Visit me at:
www.Noir-Tsukiyomo32.deviantart.com

AnimeNEXT and NYCC 2015 <3
Shiki Natsumezaka
Lowen
Nono (Diebuster)
(Possible) Hanayo Koizumi
Noir Tsukiyomo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:34 PM.


Copyright 2002-2016 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.