Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 75 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-07-2013, 01:50 AM   #151
cactusmomma
Let's play!

I wouldn't.. but then again, I raged for 2 weeks straight when I saw the color they changed Yamu's hair to..
The thing about glitter is, if you get on you, be prepared to have it on you forever..cause glitter doesn't go away. Glitter is the herpes of craft supplies..like 'Damn, here comes the sun. flare up!' -Dimitri Martin

Last edited by cactusmomma : 01-08-2013 at 02:52 AM.
cactusmomma is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-07-2013, 10:13 PM   #152
heaven_firings

I wouldn't worry about it. Besides if anyone says anything well they should worry about themselves first of all and you could explain that you had yours done before any official color images were available.
heaven_firings is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2013, 12:30 PM   #153
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falclon View Post
It's definitely two pieces. The top is just a very long rectangle of fabric tied in the front.

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchmon View Post
^I think it's two. The shawl thing, I think is separate from the under white piece. I think the knot is just the shawl tied to itself.
Okay. Thank you guys!~ (Sorry for late reply, I keep forgetting to check here...*sweatdrop*
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2013, 02:22 PM   #154
Ilafatyu
That guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchmon View Post
Also I am a bit upset that Morgiana's household vessels are silver. I got mine commissioned to be gold since the color looked more goldish in the cover art of the manga. :/ As fellow Magi cosplayers, would anyone mind the color difference?
Nah, I think it's fine. Color inaccuracies are bound to happen with a manga. Hell, I thought Morgiana's hair was black for the longest time.

facebook // tumblr
Want to help create a US anime convention map?
PM me your local conventions to add to the map

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Soren (Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn) - 3%
Vaati (LoZ Minish Cap) - 2%
Ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2013, 10:28 AM   #155
cactusmomma
Let's play!

Noticed in the last frame of the new ending, colors (kindof) for the 4 Magi:
http://i50.tinypic.com/2n7fwk4.jpg

Looks like Yunan's hair is a cool ash blonde (good luck finding that shade in that length!) and he stuck with the Packer's colors. Scheherazade's hair looks to be about the same shade as Alibaba (Rome and all that.)..not sure about her ornamentation, but it really won't be too much longer till we see her anyways.
The thing about glitter is, if you get on you, be prepared to have it on you forever..cause glitter doesn't go away. Glitter is the herpes of craft supplies..like 'Damn, here comes the sun. flare up!' -Dimitri Martin

Last edited by cactusmomma : 01-15-2013 at 11:56 AM.
Unread 01-15-2013, 11:24 AM   #156
Naiagu
That one cosplayer

Hi hi! I plan on cosplaying Morgiana as well for Fanime this year, I am just waiting for my wig, wonderflex (to make the bracelets) and the pattern for her dress to come so I can start on her.

I am looking into how to do her make up, does anyone know if there are eyelashes that have a long lash on the outside like Morgiana's? I wanted to try that and add eyeliner to bring out her eyes more.
Korra New Blue Outfit..Progress 100%
Secret Cosplay 2........Progress 0%
Korra Green Outfit.......Progress 0%

Conventions for 2015:
NorCal Winter (unofficial), Sac Anime Winter, AOD, Fanime

Contact me: Tumblr, DA, FB Fan Page, Skype: Naiagu
Naiagu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2013, 02:52 PM   #157
Ilafatyu
That guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naiagu View Post
Hi hi! I plan on cosplaying Morgiana as well for Fanime this year, I am just waiting for my wig, wonderflex (to make the bracelets) and the pattern for her dress to come so I can start on her.

I am looking into how to do her make up, does anyone know if there are eyelashes that have a long lash on the outside like Morgiana's? I wanted to try that and add eyeliner to bring out her eyes more.
Welcome to the fold, Naiagu.

I may be wrong, but it looks like a wingtip to me. Like this. I'm planning on a more subtle version of it for Judal too since I've seen a few cosplayers make it look awesome.

...I know nothing about eyelashes, though. Hopefully someone else can help there.

facebook // tumblr
Want to help create a US anime convention map?
PM me your local conventions to add to the map

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Soren (Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn) - 3%
Vaati (LoZ Minish Cap) - 2%

Last edited by Ilafatyu : 01-15-2013 at 02:55 PM.
Ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2013, 07:56 PM   #158
Falclon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naiagu View Post

Most falsies will give that winged effect as long as you get ones that are longer on the outside than inside. Just use lashes with the lengthening effect and then winged eyeliner. These are my favorite lashes and you can see how the outer lashes are longer. They may be a bit too much for some people though. Here they are worn. I actually get compliments on these lashes all the time.

If you want a more natural look for her, something like this may be better, but remember that it's always safer to go over the top with eyelashes when it comes to cosplay makeup for female characters. (Especially since they won't show up too well in hallway shots)
Unread 01-15-2013, 08:18 PM   #159
Naiagu
That one cosplayer

Thank you both! That helps out a lot! I've never curled my eyelashes before so this'll be a new experience. I'll be looking into both those methods and trying it out!
Korra New Blue Outfit..Progress 100%
Secret Cosplay 2........Progress 0%
Korra Green Outfit.......Progress 0%

Conventions for 2015:
NorCal Winter (unofficial), Sac Anime Winter, AOD, Fanime

Contact me: Tumblr, DA, FB Fan Page, Skype: Naiagu
Naiagu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2013, 10:51 PM   #160
OldestAngel

Out of curiosity, does anyone have an idea of what Alibaba's clothing colors are for the Laem arc? Most of the pictures I've found so far seem to hold with a dark blue for the outer toga... thing, two red-stripes, and the same white/off-white for the rest of it.

Pretty sure most of what I've found is fanart, but if anybody has any ideas, I would really appreciate it!
OldestAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2013, 10:05 AM   #161
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

^T I found this on the magi wiki. It is the same colors but I don't remember any point in the manga when his new outfit was colored...

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2013, 12:02 PM   #162
Lil-O-Me
The One and Only

I just recently did Morgiana for ALA2013, but I just redid all the accessories. Looks a whole lot cleaner now

Cosplay for 2013:
Morgiana-----Magi
STRength------Black Rock Shooter
Raikou Gijinka------Pokemon
Skyla-------Pokemon

~~~More to come~~~
Lil-O-Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2013, 12:18 PM   #163
thelovelysin
Informant

I'm going to be cosplaying Ja'far for Anime Boston in May, and I'm so excited because we're expecting a pretty big Magi group, there's already an Aladdin, Alibaba, Morgiana, Hakuei, Judal, Sharrkan, Hakuryuu and Ja’far (ME!!!) and possibly a Masrur.

Anyway, this is actually my first time sewing my own cosplay, it's still in the progress stage but what do you guys think so far? Here and here
thelovelysin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2013, 06:48 PM   #164
cactusmomma
Let's play!

Not bad! I'm quite liking how uniform it is.

Are any of you Magites coming to ACen?
Unread 01-19-2013, 10:19 PM   #165
OldestAngel

@touchmon: Thank you! I found that one as well (couldn't remember where, though), but was hoping I missed something in the manga~ Ah well!
OldestAngel is offline   Reply With Quote