Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Trinity Blood

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 144 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 09-07-2012, 01:12 PM   #7246
benihime
Kimono Queen

ugh i've been looking around on websites for fabric for the blue nun outfit and NONE MATCHES THE ARTWORK. UGH. since i'm using polyester I might just have to go with the closest one. arg, for someone who loves to be perfect, this sucks.

WORKING ON
Haruka (idolm@ster 2)

NEXT CONVENTIONS
A-kon in Dallas, TX

WEBSITE
DEVIANTART FACEBOOK
TUMBLR

benihime is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-07-2012, 07:51 PM   #7247
Sephirayne
Ranger from the North

Quote:
Originally Posted by benihime View Post
ugh i've been looking around on websites for fabric for the blue nun outfit and NONE MATCHES THE ARTWORK. UGH. since i'm using polyester I might just have to go with the closest one. arg, for someone who loves to be perfect, this sucks.
To be honest, I have never gone for fabric matches with my costumes. I've always gone for closet colour matches. I find it far less stress. The fabric I used for Abel I think works really well. It holds the weight of the armour/bling just fine and still is quite light to wear which is cotton suiting. Best of luck. I hope you find something that works ^^
Sephiroth(Dissidia FF and Classic) - Abel Nightroad(Empire, Early AX white jacket, AX Artbook and Gold Armour with BOOK O' DOOOMM) - Cain Nightroad(Trinity Blood Artbook) - Madam Red and Undertaker(Kuroshitsuji) - Lucius Malfoy (Harry Potter films) - Legolas(Lord of The Rings Films) -

Trinity Blood - when one Nightroad is never enough. Experience it for yourself today!
Sephirayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2012, 12:35 AM   #7248
benihime
Kimono Queen

I did find something, but since we don't have a hancocks in our city, I'm going to have to go down to a city 45 minutes away to go get a fabric swatch. they have so many nice polyester fabrics. I wish we had our hancocks back

WORKING ON
Haruka (idolm@ster 2)

NEXT CONVENTIONS
A-kon in Dallas, TX

WEBSITE
DEVIANTART FACEBOOK
TUMBLR

benihime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2012, 07:34 PM   #7249
Sephirayne
Ranger from the North

Hi all. Hope all is going well with your costumes.

I do have a couple of questions regarding Lilith Sahl. A friend of mine and I are doing a joint project. We were originally going to Lilith's Sari version but have switched to the Tarot Card version as we both love the design.

First is, where would be the best place to get the wig from? I'm guessing we would need a base wig and then extra hair for the pony tail.

Second is, as the picture is in black and white any idea what colour to do the flowers. I was thinking either a dusky pink or a light blue. Which do you think would work better? Or is there any other colours you think would work better.

Thank you ♥
Sephiroth(Dissidia FF and Classic) - Abel Nightroad(Empire, Early AX white jacket, AX Artbook and Gold Armour with BOOK O' DOOOMM) - Cain Nightroad(Trinity Blood Artbook) - Madam Red and Undertaker(Kuroshitsuji) - Lucius Malfoy (Harry Potter films) - Legolas(Lord of The Rings Films) -

Trinity Blood - when one Nightroad is never enough. Experience it for yourself today!
Unread 10-16-2012, 08:36 PM   #7250
ashe2kawaii
A Wolf in Chic Clothing

I'm so super excited, i finally starting to work ScheherazadeXDD Sofar i have the wig, and soon i'l be buying the fangs and outfit items. I'm thinking about working on the Ball Goiwn version.

So nice,to be in a thread dedicated to the Trinity LoveXDD Haven't beenin on a while, but you all are super helpful not only in motivation, but tips as well (*u*) *Huggles*

~Working On/Non Con Currently~
Clawdeen Wolf Ver.Unannounced (Monster High)~20%
Scheherazade Al-Rahman Ver.Cheongsam (Trinity Blood)~0%

~Youmacon 2014 Lineup~
Misuzu Kamio (Air) ~0%
Tifa Lockhart (FFVII)~30%
Pinky Pie (MLP:FIM)~80%
ashe2kawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2012, 11:22 PM   #7251
kimu
merciful kirin, really ;p

Regarding Lilith: cast my vote for white or blue. Although, working with something there's no color reference for? See what looks good with the wig and fabric for the outfit you're putting together? Pink might work.

And yeah for the Schera getting started!

I've been sidetracked by things in life and some other cosplays. But I am getting ready to finalize Empire Abel's trim--lots of pages of trim all drafted out.
Overall finish I'm targeting for the costume is by January. (Probably will be after ALA, not before knowing how stuff goes!)
kimu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2012, 08:37 AM   #7252
FeyMeggan

Regarding Lilith, and dear god it's been an age since I even THOUGHT about TB costumes, I tend to follow this logic:
This whole series is heavily referenced to classical religious literature. Lilith is meant to be the Holy Virgin Mary of the series(at least in my interpretation, so take that with the grain of salt). Within classical art and mythos the most powerful colour for Mary was a sort of celestial blue(helped along by the fact that in art indigo was a bitch to get a hold of until the new world) for most of Europe. However, to be just contrary, the Russian iconography of Mary would often show her in Red, as that colour had more meaning within that sphere.

So, I'd personally look at blue or red, but that's just me.

As to the wig, yeah, get a wig for the base, then extensions to do all the hair tricks with, since long wigs are NEVER thick enough without help. Suppliers, well, I have personal favourites, but I'd go with whomever won't scalp on shipping and the time frame.

Sanity Check
Costume list 2009: Finished 17 initially planned :: 15 completed :: 6 moved to next year
Costume list 2010: Started 6 from '09 :: 9 initially planned, now up to 22 total
FeyMeggan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2012, 04:13 PM   #7253
Quinn The Spazz
Positively ineffable

So I finally have a deadline for Isaak. My family is going to try to go to New York Comic Con next year so I'm going to attempt to have him done by then. My family has agreed to help with whatever they can, which is nice.
Samon Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Toshio Ozaki-Shiki, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Yoite-Nabari no Ou, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Kaito Jeanne-Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Friagne-Shakugan no Shana, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2012, 06:54 PM   #7254
Sephirayne
Ranger from the North

@Kimu, Thanks. I have some of the fabric already and going to do a test run to see what works. Gives me an idea on what style of flower to do as well. Yay! for your Empire Abel. I can't wait to see more progress on it ^^.

@Fey, thank you. That is a very interesting insight into the character. I did think about doing something like that in terms of colour but thought it might seem too obscure. I do like the symbolism though and may research it as that could be fun to do. I do like the idea of going with a light blue as I'm not overly fond of pink. I don't want to go with a too darker blue as the flowers would blend into the wigs. Might try doing some colour tests using photo-shop to see which I prefer.

I have been recommended a seller who might have what I need for the wig and extra hair. Thank you for the advice.

@ashe2kawaii, welcome to the TB cosplay world. It can be insane but great fun. I loom forward to seeing your Schera.

@Quinn, Yay! for Isaak. He is an awesome character ^^

Last edited by Sephirayne : 10-21-2012 at 06:57 PM.
Unread 11-06-2012, 11:06 PM   #7255
Quinn The Spazz
Positively ineffable

Found a long black coat at Ross that with a lot of hard work and bias tape, I can turn into Isaak's coat. Progress has officially been made!

Also, I found out my Grandma is extremely excited to see my finished Isaak cosplay XD

Update: So actual progress has been made! I sewed the snaps into my coat tonight, and if I get some free time I'm gonna start on the bias tape tomorrow.
Samon Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Toshio Ozaki-Shiki, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Yoite-Nabari no Ou, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Kaito Jeanne-Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Friagne-Shakugan no Shana, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)

Last edited by Quinn The Spazz : 11-16-2012 at 08:59 PM.
Unread 12-14-2012, 05:51 AM   #7256
DreaM HunteR
MEKYO!

I want just to inform some of you if you plan to cosplay Catherina - I'm selling wig which was supposed to be for her - http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.ph...36#post4568536 ^^ It's new, unworn~

TSUBASA RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE - Amaterasu - FINISHED~
Macross F - Sheryl Nome [kimono girasummer festival - FINISHED~
xxxHOLiC - Himawari [sunflowers art] in progress
Final Fantasy Type-0 - Caetuna

DreaM HunteR's dA account
DreaM HunteR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2013, 05:35 PM   #7257
Quinn The Spazz
Positively ineffable

After months of procrastination I finally got back to work Isaak! I pinned the bias tape to the coat and I'm gonna try to start sewing it down tonight!

Now I just need to do the bias tape on the shoulder things and the coat cuffs, get a belt, do the shoulder patches, find and finish/remake my armband, buy the buttons, sew on the new buttons, get some fake cigars and comb my wig (again! XP)

At least I've made progress, though I'm gonna go absolutely mad if I can't find my armband after I spent my time making it! >(
Unread 01-12-2013, 05:59 PM   #7258
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

I wish I could say that since I settled on cosplaying Caterina this year, I've made progress. But so far, I've just my red and white fabric, and bought the gorgeous wig from DreaM HunteR and it's on its way here. I know what gold fabric I will be buying soon to do all the detailing on the costume, but it might be a bit before I actually start work on the costume because I've got commissions to do first. But hopefully soon I will have something to show for Caterina...hopefully.
Mehdia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2013, 10:54 PM   #7259
Quinn The Spazz
Positively ineffable

Finally got a progress photo of Isaak's coat! Picture!

It's nowhere near done since I ran out of bias tape (and the Rosenkreuz uniforms are all bias tape so that's a problem) but I think I'm off to a decent start. When I finish the armband (which I did end up having to remake, unfortunately) I'll battle my wig and dig up my dress shirt for an official progress photo.

Thankfully I have about a month left before I have to be convention ready.
Unread 01-20-2013, 05:04 PM   #7260
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

Quinn, it's looking good so far. And yeah, bias tape...Trinity Blood costumes make you need to own stock in companies that make it if you don't make your own. I love your armband though.

Maybe I will get my Caterina wig on for the first time soon and get some pictures. I got it in Friday and it's amazing. I'm just terrified I will ruin all those curls.
Mehdia is offline   Reply With Quote