Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Unread 01-05-2013, 09:14 PM   #1
Rhea Lief

depressed

Any tips on how to handle this? Just any relief really. Anyone else have this problem?
Rhea Lief is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-05-2013, 09:18 PM   #2
trmbngrl
Britt

Like seriously depressed or just having a bad day?
Cause... there really isn't much help people can give online for a serious medical problem.
trmbngrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2013, 09:28 PM   #3
Rhea Lief

I know. Its been going on for a couple years now. Just right now it's really bad.
Rhea Lief is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2013, 09:33 PM   #4
trmbngrl
Britt

Take time every day to do something that makes you happy. It's super hard without meds to function and I'm in no place to be giving advice like that but yeah. You're not alone.
trmbngrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2013, 11:16 PM   #5
Lithium Flower
Handphones

My recommendation is to seek help with a professional. They can help in finding out if you are suffering with different issues such as depression or anxiety and may recommend you being prescribed specific medications depending on your specific situation. However, I understand that you may not have access to this. It is my strongest recommendation on getting help but if this situation is not available to you for various reasons here is a good link on dealing with depression and being able to hold more control over it. Some of these suggestions, such as exercise and eating mood-boosting foods, may also not be available to you based on your abilities and resources. But the general recommendations are helpful.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2013, 12:53 AM   #6
riddeltk
The Reaper Review

If it's been going on for a couple years then you probably have a depression disorder. Getting advice online can be good but you should seriously consider talking to a doctor. Your problem may be able to get fixed with anxiety medications or anti-depressants but you may also have a much more serious problem that needs to be handled through a medical team. It won't fix itself so don't wait to talk to some one.
Unread 01-12-2013, 08:18 PM   #7
kidcyco

The only problem with taking meds for depression is you tend to build up a tolerance to them.
I also suffer from depression even while on meds.What I do is try to find something to occupy my time.Also find a therapist you feel you can trust,not just the first one that you see.My therapy after quitting world of warcraft is getting OCD about getting back into cosplaying.If you feel depressed while I am online feel free to PM me

And Riddeltk,You logged off with an odd number on your post count,That my OCD numbers>.>
kidcyco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2013, 10:23 AM   #8
djlemma

Don't listen to anybody that tells you "No matter how bad things are, they could be worse." That's bull. Think- "No matter how bad things are, they can GET BETTER."

I'm also adding a +1 to seeing medical help. Medication can do wonders in the short term, and therapy can do wonders overall. Changing yourself takes effort and it's not going to happen overnight, but it's something I did and many others do all the time.

Also, in my case, the internet was like poison when I was depressed. Your situation may be completely different, but just be careful. Don't choose internet relationships of real-life ones just because they're easier....
Unread 01-14-2013, 02:53 PM   #9
kuroki-neko
A hero reborn

its hard not to be depressed sometimes when you are on a site that is about anime and you get made fun of for liking anime. also if you don't like certain series your a weeaboo >.>