Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Otakon

Unread 01-09-2013, 11:59 PM   #1
JellybeanQueen
JUDGEMENTAL BEAR

Red River anyone?

Okay, I know this is a crazy long shot, but as there have been Red River cosplayers at Otakon in the past I figured I'd ask. So, anyone else cosplaying from Red River/Antolia Story this year? I'll probably be bringing Nakia, since I'm rather proud of how the costume's turning out so far (and it's a great summer cosplay), and I'd love to have people to terrorize and/or love on.

Otakon 2014 ~ Nakia (Red River/Anatolia Story), Rachel (Final Fantasy VI), Ymir (Attack on Titan), Sailor Uranus (Sailor Moon), casual Usagi (Sailor Moon), casual Haruka (Sailor Moon)
Pockyflowers Cosplay
JellybeanQueen is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-10-2013, 02:27 AM   #2
BetwixtReality

Oh wow, I didn't know anyone cosplayed from this at all! That is awesome! And stalking you to your gallery pictures you really did do an amazing job on the wig and dress! I would love to be spontaneous and say I'd join you but I have no idea as who or if I could actually do that with the time and resources I'll have before con and my other cosplay plans. ^^; Still I'd love to get your photo at least at con!
BetwixtReality is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2013, 07:38 PM   #3
JellybeanQueen
JUDGEMENTAL BEAR

Well, at least someone will know who I am. XD It would be awesome if you could do a cosplay though (but I totally understand the time thing...so much jewelry O_o).

Otakon 2014 ~ Nakia (Red River/Anatolia Story), Rachel (Final Fantasy VI), Ymir (Attack on Titan), Sailor Uranus (Sailor Moon), casual Usagi (Sailor Moon), casual Haruka (Sailor Moon)
Pockyflowers Cosplay
Unread 01-11-2013, 04:31 AM   #4
BetwixtReality

Indeed. I also feel like for a lot of them I'd /have/ to have another person cosplaying a counterpart to do the costume justice. XD I'd consider Uruhi which is pretty jewelry-less, but I really want to avoid long wigs. I just can't maintain those suckers at a con. Hmmm, yeah I now really want to cosplay as Kail but I don't have a Yuri cause no one else of my friends reads this series and they all have their Otakon plans. And.... all that jewelry. Yeah this is very much a 'depending on time and resources' kind of add on to my Otakon plans. But... Argh! I love this series so much! XD
Unread 01-11-2013, 09:27 AM   #5
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Dang, if my cosplay plans weren't full for Otakon, I would have totally thrown together a Yuri cosplay. Don't be surprised if I come running up to you in fangirl mode. I love Red River. (should really go back and finish it...)

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2013, 06:38 PM   #6
TimeWitch

I have a homemade sexy Egyptian Style costume with practically gold kneehigh sandals for sale
TimeWitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2013, 03:38 AM   #7
JellybeanQueen
JUDGEMENTAL BEAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetwixtReality View Post
Indeed. I also feel like for a lot of them I'd /have/ to have another person cosplaying a counterpart to do the costume justice. XD I'd consider Uruhi which is pretty jewelry-less, but I really want to avoid long wigs. I just can't maintain those suckers at a con. Hmmm, yeah I now really want to cosplay as Kail but I don't have a Yuri cause no one else of my friends reads this series and they all have their Otakon plans. And.... all that jewelry. Yeah this is very much a 'depending on time and resources' kind of add on to my Otakon plans. But... Argh! I love this series so much! XD
Oh dear God, if you cosplayed Uruhi I would just...I don't even know.

But honestly, just knowing that even a handful of people will recognize who I'm cosplaying makes me happy. I'm kind of expecting no one to know at Ohayocon. XD

Pockyflowers Cosplay
Unread 01-12-2013, 10:20 PM   #8
BetwixtReality

Yeah it's a simple costume too, just a cloak/robe, earrings, and... that past his knees blonde hair. *dies a little inside just thinking about that long of a wig* Though at the same time I do plan to eventually (by which I mean in a sort of farish future) cosplay a character who would need a wig like that anyway. Though it needs bangs. Hm. Well like I said, it depends a lot. And if I did do Kail or Urhi I'd only probably do it for a short amount of time on like Sunday maybe cause I have four costumes I already am planning and quite a few of those will take considerable make up time...
Unread 07-11-2013, 09:46 PM   #9
JellybeanQueen
JUDGEMENTAL BEAR

Bump on the off chance anyone else might be cosplaying from Red River?

Pockyflowers Cosplay
Unread 07-29-2013, 01:03 AM   #10
Seven
(Neoqueenhoneybee)

Thread has so much win....

Working On:
Leen (Grandia)
Goku Nami (One Piece DBZ Crossover)
Nico Robin (One Piece Water 7)
Elesa (Pokemon B/W)

In Queue: