Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Cosplay Suggestions

Unread 01-12-2013, 09:14 PM   #1
MarvelPrincess

Smile Newbie Tips/Who Should I Cosplay?

Hi everyone! I'm new to cosplay, and I wanted to ask for some help from some of you more experienced folk. :3
First off, are there any tips, tricks, or resources you have for someone just starting out? I don't really know where to start, but cosplay looks so fun that I just knew I wanted to give it a try!
Secondly, who should I cosplay? I'm really lost, so I'm attaching a picture. I'm not a very good judge when I'm looking at myself. :P I am open to any suggestions! If it helps give you a taste of what I like, I enjoy superhero comics the most (like Marvel and DC...Marvel especially!), also Star Wars, Disney, Doctor Who, Avatar: The Last Airbender....to name a few! Also, if you think I look like someone that I've never heard of, I'll look it up! I'm always looking for other fandoms to join.
Anyway, thanks in advance! I'm a theatre kid, so I'm not scared of dressing up and acting like someone else at all. lol Gimme all you got!

Headshot.jpg
MarvelPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-13-2013, 05:15 PM   #2
xIkuna

Hello! To start out, you could look around these forums and figure out what con you're going to, weather you'll buy/commission or make the cosplay, things like that!

As for suggestions, you'd make a great Ms. Marvel, Ty Lee, Asami Sato, Belle from Beauty and the Beast, Terra from Teen Titans. I hope I gave you some ideas! Good luck!

Cosplays:
Laurel Lance (Black Canary)- Arrow
Maggie Greene- The Walking Dead
Coco- RWBY

xIkuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2013, 05:03 PM   #3
LittleHobbit13

You have really nice features! There are a bunch of costumes you could do! Agreeing with the above poster, you could make a really lovely Ty Lee.

For my own suggestions:
Scarlet Witch (Marvel)
Shadowcat (Marvel)
Rogue (Marvel)
Jane (Tarzan)
Meg (Hercules)
Tohru Honda (Fruits Basket)
Mimi (Digimon)
Tear Grants (Tales of the Abyss)
Gundam Wing: Duo Maxwell
Adventure Time: Flame Princess
Sabriel: Sabriel
Chihayafuru : Chihaya (red/blue tournament outfit)
LittleHobbit13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2013, 05:37 PM   #4
MarvelPrincess

Aaaah these are great! You guys are so helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirayuki~Chan View Post
Hello! To start out, you could look around these forums and figure out what con you're going to, weather you'll buy/commission or make the cosplay, things like that!

As for suggestions, you'd make a great Ms. Marvel, Ty Lee, Asami Sato, Belle from Beauty and the Beast, Terra from Teen Titans. I hope I gave you some ideas! Good luck!
Great tips! And I appreciate the Teen Titans suggestion. It doesn't get enough love, IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleHobbit13 View Post
You have really nice features! There are a bunch of costumes you could do! Agreeing with the above poster, you could make a really lovely Ty Lee.

For my own suggestions:
Scarlet Witch (Marvel)
Shadowcat (Marvel)
Rogue (Marvel)
Jane (Tarzan)
Meg (Hercules)
Tohru Honda (Fruits Basket)
Mimi (Digimon)
Tear Grants (Tales of the Abyss)
Thank you for the compliment. :3 I have gotten Ty Lee from quite a few people now, and I'm loving that! Personality matches too, so... I also love all of your suggestions!
MarvelPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2013, 07:16 PM   #5
MeiChama
Mahou Shoujo★MeiMei

Oh your picture is so adorbs! Anyhoo, I too also agree with the Ty Lee suggestion! I think you'd also make a great Madoka from Madoka Magica. >w<
Freddy Fazbear [Genderbend Gijinka] - Five Nights at Freddy's
Hiro Hamada - Big Hero 6
Hatsune Miku [Racing Queen 2015] - Vocaloid
Alvin [Genderbend] - Tales of Xillia
MeiChama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2013, 09:25 PM   #6
°Valkyrie°

I'd definitely agree with Ms. Marvel and Terra (You would make a perfect Terra!) Also, over anything else, I recommend going with a character you like! If you don't like it, then it's very hard to find the motivation to finish a cosplay when things get tough. (I went through this several times myself before settling on making my first cosplay, now all I have left to do is sew!) And a good resource is http://www.amazon.com/Make-Sewing-Pa...make+a+pattern and http://www.amazon.com/Complete-Guide...uide+to+sewing If you have to pick one, pick the first one! It helped me out a lot!
Unread 02-03-2013, 11:52 AM   #7
Fudoo
Often lost

Well as far as costume making goes I would suggest going to thrift stores, Arts and crafts stores and fabric stores. All of these places help me make my costumes. I also might suggest Aerith from Final Fantasy.
Fudoo is offline   Reply With Quote