Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Reply
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 78 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-13-2013, 01:27 PM   #2056
Falclon
Registered User
 
Falclon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 476
@Squeaker, isn't that because...well there are less people there anyways

@Hardcore, if you aren't already in it, there is a Houston meetup group.

Also to both of you new guys, we also have a website for Texas cosplayers you should join and invite your friends to. http://texascosplayers.webs.com/
__________________
Currently working on: Hakuei Ren
Falclon is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 01-13-2013, 03:59 PM   #2057
Zaiten
Registered User
 
Zaiten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 557
@Squeaker: I feel that way about CenTex sometimes. I feel like I'm in the middle of no where with no other cosplayers for at least 50 miles. I'm sure they're out there, just not easy to find.

@Hardcore: I have the urge to come up with something weird like.. reNami.
__________________
Next Con: Onicon 2013


Facebook Page: Zaiten
Fun cosplay updates: tumblr
Serious cosplay updates: deviantART

Proud Texas Cosplayer
Zaiten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2013, 06:22 PM   #2058
HardcoreNamine
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 52
@Falclon Do you know where I can find information about the Houston meetup group? And I just joined the website. Thanks for recommending it to me
@Zaiten Go for it
HardcoreNamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2013, 10:34 PM   #2059
Squeaker-Ed
KNOCK KNOCK LOSERS
 
Squeaker-Ed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,536
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaiten View Post
@Squeaker: I feel that way about CenTex sometimes. I feel like I'm in the middle of no where with no other cosplayers for at least 50 miles. I'm sure they're out there, just not easy to find.
I hear ya. It's almost the same with general anime/manga/video game fans, only there's been more luck with that than there has been with cosplayers. :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falclon View Post
@Squeaker, isn't that because...well there are less people there anyways
Yeah (the biggest city we have in the Panhandle is Amarillo, which has a one-day-only con in July), but there's surely some out here, like Zaiten said, but they're just hard to find. (Either that, or I need to be patient about finding them. Honestly, the last two I found closer to me were through chance and curiosity in another topic rather than actively trying to find them. ._.)
__________________
"Hello world, I'm Reality. AND WELCOME TO JACKASS!"
"Watching the Mighty Ducks makes everything better."

PLANNED: Lisa Rogan (House of the Dead III), Jem (Jem and the Holograms), Alyssa Hamilton (Clock Tower 3)
IN PROGRESS: Spike (Ape Escape), Pearl {x3}, Ashley, Rusty, & Dinah {x2} (Starlight Express), Aoi & Junko (Dangan Ronpa)
Twitter/Tumblr/Facebook
Squeaker-Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2013, 12:03 AM   #2060
Zaiten
Registered User
 
Zaiten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 557
So I work at a sports bar style restaurant. Today was the Texans vs Pats, I think. I saw so many people wearing strange wigs, face paint, and other odd football fan stuff. I stared for a moment and went.. these are the type of people who call me stupid for cosplaying? What the hell is this, then?
__________________
Next Con: Onicon 2013


Facebook Page: Zaiten
Fun cosplay updates: tumblr
Serious cosplay updates: deviantART

Proud Texas Cosplayer
Zaiten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2013, 12:20 AM   #2061
highsky
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaiten View Post
So I work at a sports bar style restaurant. Today was the Texans vs Pats, I think. I saw so many people wearing strange wigs, face paint, and other odd football fan stuff. I stared for a moment and went.. these are the type of people who call me stupid for cosplaying? What the hell is this, then?
Strangely enough, when I used to go upstate to Otakon to visit, some years would have a certain sports game scheduled in the same downtown area. It was mainly the male sports fans (even more so the older ones who tended to drink more than they should) that would make ill remarks about cosplayers or make passes at the ones walking around the area, going to their hotels, and going to the convention center. Seeing your comment, Zaiten, reminded me of those past years and made me wonder just why some people (not all) find cosplay weird and/or don't act respectfully toward cosplayers when some fans dress or body paint themselves for whatever sports gathering.
  Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2013, 01:48 AM   #2062
Zaiten
Registered User
 
Zaiten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 557
Quote:
Originally Posted by highsky View Post
Strangely enough, when I used to go upstate to Otakon to visit, some years would have a certain sports game scheduled in the same downtown area. It was mainly the male sports fans (even more so the older ones who tended to drink more than they should) that would make ill remarks about cosplayers or make passes at the ones walking around the area, going to their hotels, and going to the convention center. Seeing your comment, Zaiten, reminded me of those past years and made me wonder just why some people (not all) find cosplay weird and/or don't act respectfully toward cosplayers when some fans dress or body paint themselves for whatever sports gathering.
It was just so strange to see. I mean one guy went all out, he had a white wig, tons of paint all over his body, and even a cape! For a split second I thought I walked into a convention. Just makes me sad that they can be so.. ugh, hypocritical? But then again, if they can be rude to me as a "normal" person, what makes me think they can even be civil when I'm not? I wish people as a whole were a lot nicer to each other.
__________________
Next Con: Onicon 2013


Facebook Page: Zaiten
Fun cosplay updates: tumblr
Serious cosplay updates: deviantART

Proud Texas Cosplayer
Zaiten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2013, 11:47 AM   #2063
HardcoreNamine
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaiten View Post
So I work at a sports bar style restaurant. Today was the Texans vs Pats, I think. I saw so many people wearing strange wigs, face paint, and other odd football fan stuff. I stared for a moment and went.. these are the type of people who call me stupid for cosplaying? What the hell is this, then?
When I was younger, I used to have this debate with my dad all the time, because he's a big sports fan. However, he insisted it was different, because football isn't "nerdy." I have since given up trying to reason with him lol
__________________
Upcoming Cosplays:
Namine (Kingdom Hearts) 0%
Freedert (DN Angel) 0%
Sailor Chibi Moon 5%
HardcoreNamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2013, 01:34 PM   #2064
Zaiten
Registered User
 
Zaiten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 557
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardcoreNamine View Post
When I was younger, I used to have this debate with my dad all the time, because he's a big sports fan. However, he insisted it was different, because football isn't "nerdy." I have since given up trying to reason with him lol
Ahh, my parents are interesting. My mother thinks cosplaying is fun because she's a huge Halloween fan. To her it's Halloween all year long. In fact she's coming up with a few she'd like herself. (Mostly things like Harry Potter and such.)

My dad though, he hates it but let's me have my fun. He'll even help if I ask, mostly with money or power tools. I can borrow how credit cards as long as I always pay him back. So that's accepting enough for me.

It's funny, I haven't needed their permission in years but it's nice to have it anyway.
__________________
Next Con: Onicon 2013


Facebook Page: Zaiten
Fun cosplay updates: tumblr
Serious cosplay updates: deviantART

Proud Texas Cosplayer
Zaiten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2013, 01:56 AM   #2065
Falclon
Registered User
 
Falclon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardcoreNamine View Post
@Falclon Do you know where I can find information about the Houston meetup group? And I just joined the website. Thanks for recommending it to me
Houston Group
__________________
Currently working on: Hakuei Ren
Falclon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2013, 03:46 PM   #2066
Nikachurawr
Registered User
 
Nikachurawr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 32
hey c:
I live in the Lubbock area
__________________
"There are many worlds, but the share the same sky. One sky.one destiny."
Nikachurawr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2013, 05:07 PM   #2067
Myribee
The Last Pandawan
 
Myribee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 162
I'm from Houston and fairly new to cosplaying! I've just built an Anti-Spiral Nia and Aisaka Taiga cosplay, so I'm looking to find some groups myself.
Myribee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2013, 05:19 PM   #2068
HardcoreNamine
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 52
@Nikachurawr and Myribee: Welcome to the thread!
@Falclon: Thank you!
__________________
Upcoming Cosplays:
Namine (Kingdom Hearts) 0%
Freedert (DN Angel) 0%
Sailor Chibi Moon 5%
HardcoreNamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2013, 07:46 PM   #2069
Zaiten
Registered User
 
Zaiten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 557
I suddenly want to move to Houston, it sounds cool and has cosplayers.. and water.
__________________
Next Con: Onicon 2013


Facebook Page: Zaiten
Fun cosplay updates: tumblr
Serious cosplay updates: deviantART

Proud Texas Cosplayer
Zaiten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2013, 12:35 AM   #2070
Myribee
The Last Pandawan
 
Myribee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaiten View Post
I suddenly want to move to Houston, it sounds cool and has cosplayers.. and water.
Hey! I'll see you at Anime Matsuri, it seems.
__________________
Next Convention
Oni-Con

Current Cosplays WIP
Weiss Schnee - RWBY - 80%
Tsubomi Kido - Mekaku City Actors - 90%
Ryuko Matoi - Kill la Kill - 70%
Jinx - League of Legends - 5%
Junko Enoshima - Danganronpa - 10%

Follow me at www.facebook.com/Ayriath !
Myribee is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:20 PM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.