Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Unread 01-13-2013, 03:37 PM   #19921
ilafatyu
That guy

Being all prepped to work on something, then discover that there's a small crowd in The Cave playing Super Smash Brothers. One cannot work in such an environment. One always finds oneself being drawn into the brawl.
...Hah, pun.

facebook page // nh cosplay events

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Constructing : Soren, Absol gijinka
Upgrading : Zexion (wig), Cloud (wig and armor)
ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-13-2013, 10:00 PM   #19922
Tigersoul

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroki-neko View Post
my big peeve is that if you like a certain series your deemed a weeaboo, for fucks sake i don't think im Japanese at all >.>
At least your not an "Immature F**ot" like a lot of us who like MLP:FiM are called... though this is at least reduced (though sadly not eliminated) at cons...

"The bad news is he ended up building the whole rock tower... the good news *gulp* I have a rock tower to knock down..." - Rainbow Dash, My Little Pony: Fiendship is Magic (S03E09)
Tigersoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2013, 10:33 PM   #19923
Ellisari

Cutting fabric.

I'm not kidding. I start hyperventilating every time I gotta cut fabric because if I mess up it's a costly mistake.
Ellisari is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2013, 01:05 AM   #19924
Faythx
Tonberry Queen

When a particular ribbon you're using for trim on something runs out and you go to get more only to fond out it has been DISCONTINUED. *ALL THE TABLE FLIPS* I though 3 spools would have been more than enough, but nooooooo. Ugh...

Cosplays:
EVA, MGS3 (wtf am I doing? ;<)
FF9 Tonberry (Revamping Majorly. 80% complete.)
Princess Cadance (100%. Debuts at MTAC13)
Faythx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2013, 10:52 AM   #19925
ilafatyu
That guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellisari View Post
Cutting fabric.

I'm not kidding. I start hyperventilating every time I gotta cut fabric because if I mess up it's a costly mistake.
Get into zen mode, mate. You are the fabric. You are the scissors.

facebook page // nh cosplay events

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Constructing : Soren, Absol gijinka
Upgrading : Zexion (wig), Cloud (wig and armor)
ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2013, 03:24 PM   #19926
Veriun

When patterns take ages to arrive, and I've got the fabric and everything all ready to go, and my fingers are itching. And the tracking number's not been updated for two weeks, so for all I know it'll take another two ages to get here.
Veriun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2013, 06:08 PM   #19927
ichigo_m.
Eli Ebberts

I don't like ranting but I'm going to, if my client sees this I apologize in advance.
I hate when people contact me about commissions. Agree on a price. Send me the money and then a few days later (after I've either spent the money or transferred it to my bank account
) they ask for a refund.
I have 3 major costumes I'm working on right now and I just spend all of my savings on college. So all my commissions money goes twords my costumes. Now, after this refund, my bank account is going to be in the red...
Unread 01-14-2013, 06:23 PM   #19928
AnimeLuxray25

Party. store. wigs.

I showed my mom a really nice wig I want for my Luxray cosplay (it's $22), and she said that if she couldn't come up with the money for it (she doesn't get paid anytime between now and the 26th (when my con is)), that she's going to go to Party City, and buy me a wig from there.

I turned and said "HELL NO." Okay, I didn't say that, but I said, "NO, party store wigs are TERRIBLE quality, mother. I told you that." "But you'll only be wearing it this one time..." "But if I'm going to be wearing it this one time (well we'll see about that) then shouldn't I make sure it looks good?"

Party. store. wigs.

They're ugly. They're bright/shiny. They shed like monsters. They're cheep. They're overall not worth it. Many a times have I heard the very, very, few cosplayers at my school say, "I'm going to get a wig from Party City because others are too much money!"

NO.

If you can't get a GOOD wig, then honestly you're better off not using one at all. Or even better, just pay the extra ten goddamn bucks!

/end rant
Unread 01-14-2013, 08:18 PM   #19929
Tigersoul

Just to be fair, one november I actually saw a wig from PartyCity's most expensive line (normally like $50) marked down to almost nothing on clearance and decided to get it for trots and giggles. While it could obviously be better, it *was* _decent_ quality. With enough TLC it could have worked, but unfortunately the colors dont match any character I have an interest in doing... but quality was acceptable (not great just acceptable) though for the same price or less you can order a far higher-quality wig so *shrug*

"The bad news is he ended up building the whole rock tower... the good news *gulp* I have a rock tower to knock down..." - Rainbow Dash, My Little Pony: Fiendship is Magic (S03E09)
Tigersoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2013, 08:38 PM   #19930
Tangledinblue
Witty Title...

When people say they'er interested in something you're selling, and never get back to you.

I'm selling a few wigs, and a few people have expressed interest in buying them. I had one person ready to send me the money for it. Well when I went to contact the potential buyers to see if they were still interested, no one got back to me. Never got any payment or anything. I contacted them multiple numbers of times, asking if there was a problem with paypal, or were they waiting to get paid and nothing. Look if you aren't interested in the wig any more, tell me! Cause all you're doing is making me hold something that I could sell to someone who is actually interested in buying it! I'm not going to get offended if you don't want to buy it, just let me know.

Sorry rant.

Possible Cosplays:
Eren Jaeger (Attack on Titan)
Mitsuru Kirijo (Persona 3)
Saruhiko Fushimi (K Project)
Shadow Yukiko (Persona 4)
Suit! Sarutobi Sasuke (Sengoku Basara)

-Like me on Facebook
Tangledinblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2013, 10:21 PM   #19931
SA2R
King of the Skies

^I agree~ and expanding on that~^
I can't stand it when someone asks me to put something I am selling on hold, and multiple people express interest in the item. Of course~ it being on hold~ I have to turn down the offers. And when the person I have it on hold for never gets back to me~ I get pretty angry!
I have had several people on this very site, ask for an on sale item to be put on hold, don't come back for weeks (one case months). Coming back only to ask for ANOTHER item to be put on hold. While saying nothing about the last item. I no longer allow holds without money down first hmmm ono

This counts right XD I have never had this problem with non-cosplayers.

Naraku - Inu-yasha
Diamond - Sakizou
Ketchawacha armor - Monster Hunter 4
Casual Hiro - Big Hero 6

My user name is pronounced: Sa-tu-our.

( ´ ▽ ` )v

SA2R is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2013, 10:38 PM   #19932
AnimeLuxray25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigersoul View Post
Just to be fair, one november I actually saw a wig from PartyCity's most expensive line (normally like $50) marked down to almost nothing on clearance and decided to get it for trots and giggles. While it could obviously be better, it *was* _decent_ quality. With enough TLC it could have worked, but unfortunately the colors dont match any character I have an interest in doing... but quality was acceptable (not great just acceptable) though for the same price or less you can order a far higher-quality wig so *shrug*
Hmmm.
I hear some people use party store wigs for cutting/styling practice and/or scrap wigs and I think that's okay, but I shudder everyime I see a photo of a cosplayer when one of those shiny monstrosities on their head. e_e
Unread 01-16-2013, 03:58 PM   #19933
NaughtsApproach

my pet peeve....people who do shoddy work on their cosplays and get praised for it (even commissioned) meanwhile i work freakin' hard to make my cosplays the best they can be without cutting corners, and i get nothing...

maybe i am blowing it out of proportion...but when i take the time to do things right and they hot glue their stuff together...and hot glue their commissioned work together...it makes me mad!

Western CO Cosplay group

:Website:
http://futagocosplay.wix.com/futagocosplay

:FaceBook page:
http://www.facebook.com/WeAreFutagoCosplay

Take a look at our pages!<3
NaughtsApproach is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2013, 02:26 AM   #19934
Reily96
Zelda & Kimono Obsessed

So at my last convention, I saw a couple of things that peeved me off:

- A lack of proper hems. I know not everyone knows the details of sewing, but come on! Hems people! You just don't cut the fabric and that's your hem! Look at your pants, your shirts! Do you see nasty, fraying fabric there!? Selvage edges also do not count as a proper hem! Unless the outfit is supposed to have a raw edge look (which most of these I'm sure were not supposed to have that look) please go through the extra time to hem! If you can sew those pieces of fabric together, you can do a passable hem!

- Wigs! I saw people with quality wigs... And they didn't even lay down their real hair properly! There's a Riza Hawkeye there with an awesome wig, but it's sliding off her shoddily bunned hair! You don't have a wig cap? Alright, fine... but at least tighten your hair back and pin the wig down! And it's not like wig caps are that much, you can even make them from stockings! AUGH.
Kagerou (Fire Emblem: Fates) - 77%
Foleo (Fire Emblem: Fates) - planning
Reily96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2013, 05:45 PM   #19935
RobbyKun

Did I ever post in here before? Oh well, I'll post again.

In no particular order:

- Neon wigs. I want to kill myself everytime I see a person cosplaying say, Naruto or something, and they are wearing a neon yellow-greenish wig. Ugh.

- Sneakers. I do understand that getting the correct shoes for a cosplay can be expensive, and it can be difficult to customize shoes correctly, but come on, there's always alternatives. Unless a certain character calls for sneakers, it irks me to see sneakers on a cosplay.

- Snooty cosplayers. This is a latest pet peeve of mine. You know the ones. The ones that win an award or two and suddenly they're too good for anyone. Yeah, great, you got the most awesome cosplay and you're featured everywhere, but it doesn't win you a free pass to be an stuck up ass.

- ...I'm going to get flak for this one, but..... when I see a lack of anime cosplays at, well, anime conventions. -pointing out cosplayers at a con- "Homestuck, Homestuck, Homestuck, Homestuck, MLP, MLP, Mass Effect, Homestuck, Adventure Time, MLP, Homestuck, Halo, Disney, Mass Effect, Marvel, DC, Homestuck.... oh cool, Sailor Moon."

...So yeah. :P