Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Makeup and Eye Contacts

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 325 votes, 4.98 average.
Unread 05-15-2012, 11:40 PM   #526
noctiluca
ryuujin no miko

I just got Vassen's Bambi Queen Blue and woooah they are huge! They're a similar style to the Princess Mimi lenses, but have a slightly more enlarging effect (I got those too, so I compared them side-by-side). A little strange since they're labeled 14.5mm whereas the Mimis are supposed to be 15mm.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...515-202631.jpg
(just indoor artificial lighting...)
They really stand out on the eyes with a very defined pupil and black rims. When they catch the light they look kind of like husky eyes, but most of the time they just look like a medium royal blue kind of color. Not greenish or purple, more like a true blue.

They look a little creepy in super close shots, to be honest. I think it's because the gold color in the center makes the pupils so prominent. But I actually like that, makes the color pop that much more from a distance.
"Yuko" Narukami (Persona 4)

I have a tumblr too!
noctiluca is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-23-2012, 02:05 AM   #527
Madeleine
Commandeering Serenity

Brand: Pinky Paradise (located in Malaysia, so if you're shipping to the US, make sure you have enough time to get them in - mine came in something like 2.5 weeks)

Price: ~$25 for the contacts themselves, which went up to ~$32 with shipping.

Color: Dolly Eye Brown

Natural Eye Color: medium-dark brown

Comments: I found these looking for a good yellow/gold color for Death the Kid (Soul Eater). Someone on the site reviewed them as being perfect for Ed Elric, so I sprung for them. I really, really like these contacts. I've never worn contacts before, and it was a little freaky putting them in, but they rock. MY ONLY CONCERN if you're looking at PP is that you cannot buy unpowered contacts (at least when I got mine you couldn't). Know your prescription.

Review: A+. I dig these babies like I had a shovel. They're comfortable, they cover my dark eyes, and they're powered, so I don't have to wear my glasses with my cosplay. Woot!

Have some pictures…

This was taken on my iPhone with flash in my bathroom, which has pretty shitty lighting. In this light they have a slightly greenish tint to them.

Side-by-side for comparison, taken without flash.
Madeleine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2012, 09:18 PM   #528
Ion
イオン

EOS Fay Grey + Venus Eye Red

Repost from my DA account. In case you missed previous reviews + pics, all my reviews are chilling here in the Contact Lens Review folder.

Personal ratings: EOS Fay Grey
- Color: A+ Deceptively bold coloring but not too “crazy”
- Comfort: A+ Very comfortable, not drying or irritating
- Overall: A+

I usually have good luck with EOS lenses, though the opaque models tend to be kind of drying e.g. Dolly Eye lenses. These did not bother my eyes at all and as I mentioned before, the color is deceptively bold. I saw the stock images for these and thought they would be perfect but when my set of Fay lenses arrived [I splurged and got Green, Grey, Violet, and Blue], they looked about as “opaque” as GEO lenses. For whatever reason, GEO’s have always been fail for me, the pigmentation just isn’t vibrant enough to show or ends up looking muddy as my eyes are practically black. In fact, the Fay patterning looks somewhat like the Nudy lens pattern. However, I was very pleased with how opaque the grey was without looking as plain or cartoony as EOS Dolly Eye Grey lenses. They get a thumbs up for me. Here’s hoping the rest of the series shows just as well.

Personal ratings: Venus Eye Red [MI E-Type Red]
- Color: B/+ Noticeable but wtf, they look slightly orangey on my eyes, it doesn’t show much in pics, thankfully.
- Comfort: A+ very comfortable, not drying or irritating, another win here.
- Overall: A-

I cannot give you an idea how the color will present over different eye colors but overall, I like these well enough. Heck, they were on sale so I don’t mind. I do like that the pattern is not as plain as a block of red color w/or without a black limbal ring. The pattern nicely breaks up the color but doesn’t make it a mess. I wouldn’t recommend these if you want an enlarging effect.

The thick limbal ring and 14mm diameter make the iris look normal sized if not a smidge smaller, so keep that in mind. Also the pupil hole is pretty large on this lens so it probably would not be the best choice for light-eyed people in need of red lenses, your natural color will show through and be pretty noticeable with these.

Overall, both lenses were what I would call a “win”. I wasn’t woefully disappointed with either lens. They show up on my dark eyes which is always the main point.

P.S. I don’t mind if people use my lens charts elsewhere for reference, but please leave a comment stating that you are doing so and a link back w/ credit would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

CURRENT PROJECTS
Elsa - Frozen (coronation gown) | Satsuki Kiryuin - Kill la Kill | Toothiana - Rise of the Guardians | Legolas - Lord of the Rings | Baroness - G.I. Joe
Ion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2012, 05:21 PM   #529
Slum Drunk
The Slum Drunk

Got a trial pair of Freshlook Sterling Gray.

Here they are:

I've got mega dark (almost black) eyes naturally. I think I like these even better than Brilliant Blue.

Maria: SIlent HIll 2 - CONvergence - 2012
Slum Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2012, 01:36 AM   #530
MaryMayhem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha Sakura View Post
Here are mine they are from **BANNED URL**. Mine are double color. i have both the green and blue. I really like mine but the green don't so up as well as I wish they would from a distance. but I would buy this contacts again.

Ah! that blue color is the exact color i'm looking for... may I ask what brand it is?
MaryMayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2012, 09:11 PM   #531
☆ KEITA
Pokémon Master

EOS J-203 New Adult Pink

Picture was taken with natural lighting on normal settings in front of a window.

Name of Product : EOS J-203 New Adult Pink
Colour/Design : They're as vibrant as I expected them to be which is good! They're not as bright as DollyEye's but I think they look more natural. I thought they would be speckled but they're pretty solid in design. The outer ring doesn't do much for enlargement which is also good because I don't like moe eyes haha.
Comfort : EOS lenses are always super comfortable for me. I almost forgot I was wearing them once.

Pros : Good colour, design and comfort
Cons : Not SUPER vibrant
OVERALL : 9/10

Upcoming Cosplay
WWWl Stocking MALE VER (Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt)
WWWl Horohoro TOURNAMENT VER (Shaman King)
WWWl Vivi (Luminous Arc)
WWWl Syaoran (Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle)
☆ KEITA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2012, 07:26 AM   #532
LarubeChan's2

Recently I got my new contacts; EOS New Adult Red from Pinky Paradise.

I've got dark brown eyes and the pic is taken without flash. At the beggining are a bit incomfortable but later are comfortable to wear :3
LarubeChan's2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2012, 03:07 PM   #533
ladylavender

Hello!
So I was wanting to get contacts for my Yoko Littner cosplay. She has golden/caramel colored eyes and I have light blue eyes. I was looking at these as a possibility
http://www.fashion-contactlenses.com...ct-Lenses.html
Has anyone ordered these before and are they good contacts?
Also are there any other contacts you would recommend?
ladylavender is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2012, 06:28 PM   #534
Ion
イオン

Another 3 pairs - forgot to share them earlier!

EOS FAY/FAIRY GREEN

Personal ratings

I was very pleased with how opaque the color was without looking plain or cartoony. Fays get a thumbs up for me. The color on my eyes is more of a minty green rather than deep emerald or evergreen. There is not much enlargement or thick, dark limbal rings with these but, I think it makes the lens look slightly more believable and less alien.
Full review on my DA page

EOS FAY/FAIRY VIOLET

Personal ratings

I think these replace Dolly Eye Violet lenses as "Most noticeable". They have more white in the lens and as a result the overall color is lighter.

PRINCESS PINKY TWILIGHT BLUE/ JESSICA EYES BLUE

Personal ratings
- Color: A+ Makes a nice, noticeable icy blue
- Comfort: A+ No complaints

These lenses are sold under either of the above names, I just named the pic with the version I purchased. Same product, same quality.

I think these are probably one of my favorite choices for a light icy aqua/cyan blue lens. The pattern and effect are pretty similar to that of the ColorMax line but these don't hit your wallet quite as hard. These are pretty normal sized lenses so don't expect them to give you gigantic dolly eyes for kawaii times. On a similar note, the pupil hole is rather large and this lens is definitely designed with dark eyes in mind.

CURRENT PROJECTS
Elsa - Frozen (coronation gown) | Satsuki Kiryuin - Kill la Kill | Toothiana - Rise of the Guardians | Legolas - Lord of the Rings | Baroness - G.I. Joe
Ion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2012, 07:30 PM   #535
mana_blue_rose

Thanks a lot for sharing, Ion. I have dark brown eyes, so there have been several occasions where contacts just kind of look different, but just never light enough. I've used GEO a few times and the violet doesn't work for me. I love that blue!
Unread 01-09-2013, 09:41 AM   #536
DragonLadysupre
Con Volunteer

Brand: Vassen Lollipop from Pinky Paradise

Price: $23.90 sans shipping

Color: Violet

Natural Eye Color: Subtle Brown heterochromia One medium, the other dark

Review: A - They take a bit of adjusting and I can see them feeling dry after some time. Even more, while clearly violet in person, they can look a little more blue with flash and certain kinds of lighting. There's noticeable enlargement, so for cosplay this does well for accenting the eyes properly. I'm not sure if I would call it discomfort, but sometimes you sort of feel them? Kind of being aware of them, and it could be due to the thickness or size. They don't slide around, and do follow the eye so you can look off to the side and still have your pupils centered properly.

Overall, I wouldn't mind looking into their other colors at some point.

• In the end, it doesn't matter whether you're a youkai or human...

2014 Conventions
Anime Boston|| AnimeNEXT || Otakon || LI Who
DragonLadysupre is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2013, 02:25 AM   #537
Aleatory
They call me Lady Luck.

Super Pinky Bright Red
Brand: Super Pinky
Price: $22.50 (unpowered)

Bought from Honeycolor.com

Came in about two weeks, product in good condition.

I'm quite happy with these lenses! These are my first pair of contacts ever and after a couple of minutes I was able to get them in my eyes, after about ten minutes I couldn't feel them anymore! They also show up very vividly on my super dark eyes. Pics below:

Right: Contact in, Left: My normal eye a very dark brown

Both contacts in.

Overall I'd say they're definitely worth getting if you have dark eyes and want super bright red eyes!
Aleatory is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2013, 07:49 PM   #538
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Wearing Dollyeye violet lenses (can be bought, I think, at Pinkyparadise, but I actually bought mine at a con when I ecstatically found one that was also selling them in prescription)
Picture, indoors in fairly bright light, but I can't remember if it was with or without flash:

(If the image doesn't display, they're here- http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3352737/
Price: At the con, $30. Online I usually see them from 20-25 plus shipping.
Colour: Obviously, violet
Comfort: B+. Not as comfy as my normal contact lenses, but minimal irritation and my eyes were used to the feel of them in a few minutes.
Colour: A+! BRIGHT BRIGHT BRIGHT. Not subtle at all. Pupil-hole could be a tad smaller, though, but no colour halo is also nice.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2013, 11:30 PM   #539
Touya no miko
TnM

Just got circle lenses today, here's my review! They're one of Vassen's Cloud 9 series, which is their newest brand.

With original eye color, dim light. No flash.

Both eyes with flash.

Store: Pinky Paradise

Brand: Vassen Cloud Nine Red

Natural Color: Dark brown, almost black.

Color: 10/10. The color is so amazingly vibrant *_*! Even without flash they really stand out, I'm in love with them! They are the perfect red for the Seras Victoria cosplay I'm doing.

Comfort: 9/10. My right eye has a slight astigmatism, which prevents me from wearing theatrical lenses because it's so uncomfortable. But my eyes seem to do well with circle lenses. These are pretty comfy and I can wear them for hours. However because they're so big, I can still kind of feel them in my eye.

Vision: 9/10. Vision is actually pretty good, I can see quite clearly. Though when I first put them in, I saw a bit of red in my sight. Blinking can do this too, but they adjust right back in less than a second.

Enlargement: 9.5/10. They do make my little Asian eyes look bigger, but not huge to the point where I look bug-eyed.

Overall: 9.5/10. I love them sooooo much!!! They are probably the best circle lenses I have ever owned. The color looks amazing! Nevertheless, these are in no way natural looking and can look a bit scary. In addition, they seem more suitable for dark eyed people only (The pupil hole is rather large, so it'll look off with lighter eyes). But that's exactly why I bought them in the first place. These are only meant for cosplay, so stick with that. Otherwise, you might give some random stranger a heart attack with these things.

Seras Victoria-Blood version
Mulan

Last edited by Touya no miko : 02-20-2013 at 04:06 AM.
Touya no miko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2013, 12:09 PM   #540
genkimami

Name: Super Size Nudy Red
Brand: Geo Medical
Diameter: 14.8 mm

Colour: 3/5
Enlargement: 5/5
Comfort: 5/5

More photos and in-depth review here: http://www.teamblasecosplay.com/reviews/super-nudy-red
genkimami is offline   Reply With Quote