Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1142 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-06-2013, 04:33 PM   #12241
LadySasha
formally RuhiNunchuck

Furie - That dress is going to be GORGEOUS!!!!!

Sooooo I've been kind of just lurking because I haven't been working on anything. I wish I could say I was working on a new princess design but my next Disney costume is going to be Candlehead from Wreck It Ralph. Two of my friends are doing Rancis and Taffetya and my roommate is doing Crembuleena! I'm kind of excited. Oh and my hubby is doing Felix. I have a feeling my other roommate is going to end up doing Ralph because he's mentioned it a few times.

But yeah. That's all I got Disney wise for now. Going to start getting Candlehead stuff next friday (payday yay!). So I'll have some progress eventually lol.

~Upcoming Cons & Costumes~
Holiday Matsuri 2013 - Anna (Frozen), Peppermint Parlor Bunny
EvilCon 2014 - TBD
Megacon - Sakizou Celes, Red Bimbette Caludia (Beauty and the Beast)
Bellecon 2014 - Scanty (SaSwGB)

Facebook * Deviantart
LadySasha is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-07-2013, 02:35 PM   #12242
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Sasha- I hope so! I can't wait to get the fabric in the post! With mom working tomorrow I might look around for my random blue fabric I got somewhere and make a draft/the lining for it. Depending on the quality of the fabric/which of the many blue fabrics I have laying around haha!
Unread 01-08-2013, 03:17 PM   #12243
kiggi

Quote:
Originally Posted by kojirojames2004 View Post
Happy New Year, all.

@kiggi - Would working on ballet costumes be tutu much? (dodging rotten tomatoes thrown at him)
hahaha well we will see, ill be making a minimum of 30 of them...
kiggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2013, 09:15 AM   #12244
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Look what I did this morning! I caved and joined the influx of Tink costumes at the moment. Though.. I only did the pom poms on the shoes I bought for Tink like 3-4 years ago lol! Just gotta re make my wings so they're lighter and easier to slot into the dress and get the light green velvet for the dress. I have a wig I can turn into her hairstyle AND green lycra jersey fabric for the lining of her dress.
Unread 01-11-2013, 04:18 AM   #12245
Aeviking
Fantasy worlds explorer

I finally get my Arda wigs Glinda and Luthien, and I'm sewing them together for my Merida cosplay. I'm ready to begin the dress, but all that means that Rapunzel's embroidery will have to wait.
Unread 01-11-2013, 09:19 AM   #12246
WarriorPrincess
With her nose in a book

Wow, sounds like everyone is starting to get back into the swing of things after the holidays. I just got home from visiting my mom to jump into a very busy week of work and college. Now I plan on moving, so have to do some serious work to my house so I can put it on the market. I also need to finish some applique hoodies for my niece and nephew before I can get back into my Belle dress.

Good luck to everyone in their current endeavors, may the thread never tangle, seams go the way you want them to, and everything turn out wonderfully.

Upcoming Appearances
Denver Comic Con 2014
Colorado Renaissance Festival
DragonCon 2014
WarriorPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2013, 09:43 PM   #12247
Suzie Blue
Stuck in the 90s

Furie- Your Tink shoes are P E R F E C T!

Aeviking- Awesome! I can't wait to see it finished!

WarriorPrincess- Sounds like you're going to be quite busy! I wish you luck with getting everything sorted out!

I haven't made any progress on Rapunzel since I have been at school all week (ugh), but I'm home for the weekend, so I hope to achieve a little something. I may not get much work done, though, as my mom and I may begin switching rooms around (I'm moving into my brother's old room and my room is being turned into a sewing room). However, I did buy lace at Walmart today; it's actually a rather nice Venice lace which is perfect for Historical Rapunzel! I was happy to find it.
Unread 01-12-2013, 12:26 AM   #12248
Aurora's Heart

Furie- Love your Tink shoes.

So I started back on my Costume Con costume yesterday. I got the over skirt cut out, daunting task I might add, and started cleaning out/orginizing the sewing room. Hopefuly I can get sewing next week. I also got some more embroidery done on my Rapuzel.
Unread 01-12-2013, 06:21 AM   #12249
PetiteAltesse

@Furie: Loving the Tink shoes!

Whoa... I haven't posted here in ages! I believe the last thing I mentioned was my dark Peter Pan group... oh dear. That was back in May of last year. D8

Well, the Renaissance Festival went well! Amazing feedback, especially for Tink. My group came together nicely. We weren't as dark as I had originally planned. We were more of an original Pan group. Here are some photos:

Me and Tigerlilly: http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/i/20...an-d51lwlo.png
Me and Tink: http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/f/20...99-d51lv5h.jpg
Just Me: http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/i/20...an-d5a9826.png

My fiancee wasn't very pleased with his Hook costume, so I wont post it. We also had a female Smee, but we didn't manage to get any serious photos with her. She's so hilarious. XD We're hoping to do another photo shoot when it warms up.

Tigerlilly is Havenaims on dA. She has a few more photos up on her site that show the details a bit better. She had a giant Lilly hand painted on the back of her costume. She made everything on her costume.

Tink is Pinkibel on dA. She also has a few more photos on her site that show the details. My fiancee helped make her dress and wing harness. I didn't make the wiring, but I did make the rest of the wings.

Last edited by PetiteAltesse : 01-12-2013 at 06:25 AM.
PetiteAltesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2013, 08:14 AM   #12250
Aeviking
Fantasy worlds explorer

PetiteAltesse: Wow, great job! I specially love the design of Peter's shirt, and your Tink looks amazing too!
Unread 01-12-2013, 11:58 AM   #12251
PetiteAltesse

Thanks so much! I'm really glad it all came together in time. I believe we finished Tink the weekend of the fair. XD
Unread 01-12-2013, 01:55 PM   #12252
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Thankies guys!!! I've found on ebay the perfect base dress for original Tink, but there's still 3 days until the bidding ends, but considering no one bidded for it when it was first up, I'm having hopes I'll get it. ^_^

Petite- Loving those photos! So so awesome!
Unread 01-12-2013, 01:57 PM   #12253
PetiteAltesse

Thank you!

Good luck bidding for your Tink dress!
Unread 01-12-2013, 11:10 PM   #12254
MaryRyanBogard
A misfit among misfits

Wow, haven't been to this thread in a while. And did I say I wouldn't have any new Disney costumes for the foreseeable future (and only had two anyway)? Well, by the end of this year, my total number of Disney costumes will be five. Besides Aurora and Alice, I now have a gijinka loli version of Piglet and a 90% complete Christmas-themed version of Sally from "The Nightmare Before Christmas" currently slated for a Katsucon debut. I may cosplay Sally's regular outfit eventually, but I have too much else this year so it'll be a while. Though of course I'll already have the bodysuit and the wig.

In the meantime, also currently planned for Katsucon this year (also very likely for Otakon if I go) is Jubileena Bing-Bing from "Wreck-it Ralph". Maybe it's the gamer side of me, but I knew I wanted to cosplay someone from that movie before it even came out- the first time that's ever happened. Who exactly would depend on how I felt about the movie, let alone the characters, after I actually got to see it. Then a friend said she wanted to cosplay Taffyta and was interested in a possible "Sugar Rush" group for "maybe Otakon", and once we did see the movie no sooner had we left the theater than my best friend said she wanted to cosplay Vanellope. So that quickly narrowed my possibilities to a Sugar Rush racer, though I debated for weeks before finally choosing Jubileena over my other top two choices.

Ginny Weasley and the Midnight Magic Party- the closest thing to a website I have right now.
MaryRyanBogard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2013, 05:17 AM   #12255
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

Looking at the galleries I see a lot of photos taken at the Disney parks. I have to wonder how they got away with that since the policy is that only children can wear costumes.