Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Unread 01-15-2013, 05:08 AM   #151
chibi_kitsune
creator of my own world

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shana05 View Post
OMG, how dare someone post what they want on their own page?! (sarcasm) It's pretty fucking entitled that you think you can dictate what other people post on their facebook/tumblr or whatever site you were referring to. If it bothers you that much just unfriend/unfollow.

You're being such a big hypocrite, you complain about people not accepting your interests but then you do the exact same thing in a much ruder way. And yes, you have insulted the fans, don't pretend you didn't.
They could always just blacklist it on tumblr. That's what I do when my friends post something I am not really interested in hearing about all the time yet still want to be friends with them.

People do have the right to post about things they are interested it. We all do it. Post things that others may not like or want to hear, which is one reason tumblr probably created the black/white list (just have to download a program). That solves a lot of problems for everyone.

I don't know much about Hetalia, so I am staying out of that argument.

"I'm delicious, no one should taste this delicious!"

Planned/future cosplys-
Derek Stiles and Victor Niguel-Trauma Center (Second Opinion version)
Daria Morgendorffer-Daria
Mei Terumi (the fifth Mizukage) and Konan-Naruto (Manga version)
Lin Beifong and Tahno from Legend of Korra
chibi_kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-15-2013, 10:19 AM   #152
trmbngrl
Britt

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibi_kitsune View Post
They could always just blacklist it on tumblr. That's what I do when my friends post something I am not really interested in hearing about all the time yet still want to be friends with them.

People do have the right to post about things they are interested it. We all do it. Post things that others may not like or want to hear, which is one reason tumblr probably created the black/white list (just have to download a program). That solves a lot of problems for everyone.

I don't know much about Hetalia, so I am staying out of that argument.

Cause ya know, it's not like PTSD actually EXISTS or anything...
=___=
trmbngrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2013, 10:36 AM   #153
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by trmbngrl View Post
Cause ya know, it's not like PTSD actually EXISTS or anything...
=___=
Uhhh, what?

Working on: Lolita!Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan) - Red Riding Hood!Alois Trancy (Black Butler) -Chinese!Sakura Kinomoto (Card Captor Sakura)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2013, 10:42 AM   #154
trmbngrl
Britt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shana05 View Post
Uhhh, what?
Tumblr savior bro.
Don't ya know it was totally created to keep people's jimmies from getting rustled and not from a real medical disorder?
Yep.
trmbngrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2013, 10:43 AM   #155
Larcenciel
Seeking Misuzu Kamio.

Quote:
TBH the only acceptable yelling I have personally heard at a con was... someone cosplaying Black✰Star who did his whooping holler a few times in the dealers hall. It wasn't constant though and it was hilarious that they asked him to stop over the loud speakers and he just screamed that he was going to surpass God.
But like. If people CONTINUE to annoy others it's just. Bothersome no matter what fandom it's from.
And I agree with the above that most of the bad fans come out online. I had to quit RPing in the Kuroshitsuji fandom just from the drama. I got mad hate for having hetero ships that apparently got in the way of their pedo stuff. I don't really mind what you ship as long as you don't bitch at others. I don't really mind what you cosplay as long as you leave everyone alone.
I don't exactly know BRS. I will say, I don't have a problem with people yelling things out, but doing the same exact ones over and over and over and over and over and ooooooooooooooooover again is just...... well, should I cosplay a Persona character to demonstrate here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibi_kitsune View Post
This might be a strange question as I only been to one small convention, but why were people Marco Polo at a con? I am a bit confused by that. Was it part of a game?

I can see how yelling really loud often can get annoying though.
As the person below you said, there is no reason. People will be walking down the hallways, and all of a sudden, "MARCO!".... then the people in the hallway all yell "POLO!"..... then the idiots yell "MARCO!" again as soon as Polo ends...... wash, rinse, repeat. I actually think this started because of Family Guy. I know Marco Polo is a pool game, but stuff like that doesn't initiate without reason, and I have, and always have thought it was Family Guy that started "Marco Polo" at the cons. Anime Boston is absolutely nasty with these people. I don't even recall Otakon as bad, and I HAVE went there twice now.

Cosplay 1: Sailor Venus (Commissioner failed to make 4 month deadline)
Update: August 10th.... still nothing.

Reality: Recycled or no cosplay at all. Got to love commissioning! Thanks everyone!! Serious thanks to Dulcinea, who actually made the deadline for the accessories far in advance and of outstanding quality. Sucks they won't be used.
Larcenciel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2013, 10:48 AM   #156
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

Quote:
Tumblr savior bro.
Don't ya know it was totally created to keep people's jimmies from getting rustled and not from a real medical disorder?
Yep.
Okay, this is still not making any sense. Besides does it really matter what it was created for right now? The point is that he has a lot of options other than plain bitching because someone chooses to post Hetalia stuff on their page.

Working on: Lolita!Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan) - Red Riding Hood!Alois Trancy (Black Butler) -Chinese!Sakura Kinomoto (Card Captor Sakura)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2013, 11:31 AM   #157
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Oh my god... WHO THE HELL CARES? Why is this still a thread huuuuuuuuuuurgh
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
BlondieSundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2013, 02:13 PM   #158
chibi_kitsune
creator of my own world

Quote:
Tumblr savior bro.
Yep.
What? I am confused. What does post traumatic stress disorder have to do with it? A lot of people that get bothered by things never actually when through traumatic events or is related to what caused it if they do have PTSD. like Shana05 said, does really matter why they created it anyways? If it helps anyone, great (they are a social network site though, their goal was to make a place for everyone to enjoy). They just did and it is still an option if it bothers them so much to hear about Hetalia all the time, but don't want to unfollow or block people, it is a perfectly good option.

Point being, they don't like it on tumblr at least (as they mentioned that), they can blacklist it. Not here to argue, just to give suggestions.

"I'm delicious, no one should taste this delicious!"

Planned/future cosplys-
Derek Stiles and Victor Niguel-Trauma Center (Second Opinion version)
Daria Morgendorffer-Daria
Mei Terumi (the fifth Mizukage) and Konan-Naruto (Manga version)
Lin Beifong and Tahno from Legend of Korra

Last edited by chibi_kitsune : 01-15-2013 at 04:18 PM.
chibi_kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2013, 02:25 PM   #159
Fish-and-Chips-Yum
Look! A hidden puzzle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieSundae View Post
Oh my god... WHO THE HELL CARES? Why is this still a thread huuuuuuuuuuurgh
Because people like to share about their bad experiences with a fandom. *100% guilty*

Anywho, definitely agreeing with Shana on this debacle over the Hetalia posting or whatever. If you find it that much of a nuisance, kuroki, then unfriend them. If they want to post about Hetalia, they can do it to their heart's content if they feel like it. I've unfriended people before because I didn't like the content they were posting (anime-related or otherwise), and it's really no big deal. Quite honestly, it's very rarely that they even notice that you unfriended them unless you're really close in real life or something.

+See Costume List for Completed Projects+

+In-Progress+
+Rarity+ MLP:FiM ~100%~ Just finished!
+Matryoshka!America+ Hetalia ~20%~ Designing the Hoodie!

+2013 Plans+
+Gala!Rarity+ MLP:FiM
+Ciel Phantomhive (Vol. 6 Outfit)+ Black Butler
+Hatsune Miku (Snow Version 2013)+ Vocaloid
+Umbreon+ Pokemon

+Conventions Planned for 2013+
Sakura Con 2013 ~ 65% Likely
Everfree 2013 ~ 30% Likely
Kumori Con 2013 ~ 40% Likely
Aki Con 2013 ~ 100% Likely
Fish-and-Chips-Yum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2013, 02:26 PM   #160
kuroki-neko
A hero reborn

you don't see any homestuck fans getting bent out of shape on here, most of the posts in this thread are about homestuck.

but on the PTSD its like having some trauma about a series or a fandom and someone posting allot of it would bring up the trauma. like if someone got beat up or harassed by cosplayers of a series to the point that would cause trauma.
Unread 01-15-2013, 02:30 PM   #161
kuroki-neko
A hero reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish-and-Chips-Yum View Post
Because people like to share about their bad experiences with a fandom. *100% guilty*

Anywho, definitely agreeing with Shana on this debacle over the Hetalia posting or whatever. If you find it that much of a nuisance, kuroki, then unfriend them. If they want to post about Hetalia, they can do it to their heart's content if they feel like it. I've unfriended people before because I didn't like the content they were posting (anime-related or otherwise), and it's really no big deal. Quite honestly, it's very rarely that they even notice that you unfriended them unless you're really close in real life or something.
thank you for being so respectful about this, my stress levels are high enough without having to deal with someone who wants to start an arrangement on here. if someone said they did not like my series and was glad it was gone it would not bug me in the least
Unread 01-15-2013, 04:04 PM   #162
Shirayuki~Chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroki-neko View Post
but on the PTSD its like having some trauma about a series or a fandom and someone posting allot of it would bring up the trauma. like if someone got beat up or harassed by cosplayers of a series to the point that would cause trauma.
What? I just- I just can't even. What does PTSD have to do with anything? And comparing PTSD to fandoms? No. I just- I can't with this conversation.

The point is, not that Hetalia fans are getting "bent out of shape" its how incredibly rude you sound, no one is attacking the Homestuck fandom, but you, sir, are attacking and whining and being a hypocrite. That's why people are annoyed with you. Not because they're "bent out of shape".

Cosplays:
Daenerys Targaryen- Game of Thrones
Blackfire- Teen Titans
Tharja- Fire Emblem: Awakening
Opal Beifong- Legend of Korra

Shirayuki~Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2013, 04:36 PM   #163
kuroki-neko
A hero reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirayuki~Chan View Post
What? I just- I just can't even. What does PTSD have to do with anything? And comparing PTSD to fandoms? No. I just- I can't with this conversation.

The point is, not that Hetalia fans are getting "bent out of shape" its how incredibly rude you sound, no one is attacking the Homestuck fandom, but you, sir, are attacking and whining and being a hypocrite. That's why people are annoyed with you. Not because they're "bent out of shape".
isn't that what this thread is about? but im not going to argue this over and over so this is the last im going to post about this.
Unread 01-15-2013, 05:13 PM   #164
OtakuSpark
Local KagePro loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroki-neko View Post
you don't see any homestuck fans getting bent out of shape on here, most of the posts in this thread are about homestuck.

I can't even read this. And my thoughts on this post are summarized here.

Punctuation and capitalization are your friend.
And all at once, I know everything is gone
OtakuSpark is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2013, 05:23 PM   #165
Kayla Marie C
The Frugal Cosplayer

I think the most annoying fandom would have to be the MLP fandom.

I'm part of it, so I'm guilty. I sat back and actually took in some of the stuff people post and it started to annoy me.

Sorry for all you non-bronies. D:

Disney's Tangled: Rapunzel - Progress 80%- Sleeves are attached!
Disney - Tinkerbell - Future - Planned
Kayla Marie C is offline   Reply With Quote