Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Makeup and Eye Contacts

Unread 01-15-2013, 09:46 PM   #1
AzulCiel

Ciel Make-up Help

hi! I am cosplaying Ciel Phantomhive but * have no idea where to start with his make up and a good pallette to use for him. Any help is much apreciated, photos are in my gallery
AzulCiel is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-15-2013, 10:00 PM   #2
TeaForThought
Fragile: Handle with Care

This may not count for much...but....as a male Ciel....I noticed that most girls tend to majorly over do the whole makeup thing. It's difficult to pull off a young look when there's layers of eyeliner/eyeshadow ^^;

But...besides that....I'd guess you match the palette to whatever version you're doing. I'd also guess that you'd just do the basic cosplay makeup; foundation and whatever else you would usually wear.
TeaForThought is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2013, 10:04 PM   #3
StrawberrySiren
Five Feet of POWAH!

I think a good place to start is just a basic, photo-friendly face. I pile it on for conventions (primer, two kinds of foundation, blush, contour, eyebrows) but you just need to remember that the camera washes you out so apply more to compensate for that. Also make sure that nothing you use has spf or sparkle as these can reflect flash and make you look ghostly (and also I found out that HD powders are not good--this video has a demonstration on why).

Then define the eye with some liner and mascara (I like black for both but I'm tan so it doesn't look harsh on me, you might want to go with a dark brown). As for shadow, I usually take my contour color and slap that in the socket of my eye and a light cream color and highlight my inner corners and my brow bone.

I'm not too familiar with the character (I've seen Ciel but I've never watched Kuroshitsuji) but contouring and eyeliner can drastically change your appearance. What I mentioned are just basics and are good stepping stones.

Tumblr|Twitter|DeviantArt
StrawberrySiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2013, 02:58 PM   #4
PSY-chan
Arrogant Ignoramus

Here are some male makeup tutorials. Granted, her eye space is quite small, so the makeup doesn't look too harsh. But they can give you ideas of what to do.
PSY-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2013, 05:37 AM   #5
R-R-RADICAL
Zydrate Addict

Here's a tutorial I found on the site a few years back. It's not very detailed, but it might help a bit.
R-R-RADICAL is offline   Reply With Quote