Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 25 votes, 4.68 average.
Unread 01-15-2013, 04:55 PM   #706
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by esclarmonde View Post
About the genderbent characters: I'm always curious to know why someone would do it and reading the discussions here often I find interesting explanations. I don't "get" it, rather than get annoyed by it.
I'm working on a genderbent of the 10th doctor. I'm doing so because I feel my face is too feminine looking to pull off a crossplay of him. I have done some crossplay before but those characters had feminine facial features to begin with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angathol View Post
Aww, you posted my tumblr. Excuse me for the late response as I don't visit this thread often. But yeah, I love unusual Christmas decorations. I already have a Christmas seal and flying pig.

Last edited by Shana05 : 01-15-2013 at 04:58 PM.
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-15-2013, 05:21 PM   #707
esclarmonde

Shana, if there's a specific reason (like yours) that's fine with me ^_^ but often those reasons are not obvious and sometimes the reason is lazyness (I'm thinking about a small facebook group, on this forum I haven't seen it yet). Thank you for telling me your specific reason, as I said it helps me to understand better the whole thing and maybe one day I'll have heard enough different reasons to understand it fully, now sometimes I'm puzzled but since here on the forum/at cons more often than not I can ask to the person why they're doing it, that's fine.

And not understannding why doesn't mean I don't appreciate the craftmanship if it's good :-)

Last edited by esclarmonde : 01-15-2013 at 05:31 PM. Reason: mist
esclarmonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2013, 05:25 PM   #708
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by esclarmonde View Post
@The Hag, you're right, I was referring to when someone posts pictures asking for critique for the costume; I forgot to make it explicit because I was focusing on finding the right words, my bad.

I won't absolutely do that in public or about a photo who doesn't explicitly request critique. Especially not if the picture has been uploaded in a place that the person(s) in it doesn't visit, by someone else. That's beyond rude.

About the genderbent characters: I'm always curious to know why someone would do it and reading the discussions here often I find interesting explanations. I don't "get" it, rather than get annoyed by it.
Thank you for clarifying. (: I agree - if someone asks your opinion you should be honest. I have seen people post pictures asking for critique and then get defensive if anyone offers any kind of advice. I suspect that they really just wanted everyone to say how awesome they are and are surprised and annoyed to actually receive suggestions on how to improve. That's one reason why I stay out of the costume critique sub-forum. BTW - your English is very good. I didn't realize that you were a non-native speaker (even though it says so in your sig. Doh!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
I dunno Hag, I think you're outnumbered.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
If she wants to, she has my full backing.
No. A wise man once said, "With great power comes great responsibility." No way in hell do I want to be responsible for any of you. I mean Voltaire, not Uncle Ben.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
Now hopefully this thread can sink back into the depths for another few months.
Yes. Or better yet, never resurface. In any event, I will now do my part and stop posting.
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2013, 05:40 PM   #709
esclarmonde

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
BTW - your English is very good. I didn't realize that you were a non-native speaker (even though it says so in your sig. Doh!)
Thank you, I read a lot in English and luckily I had very good English teachers when I was learning it at first, so grammar and vocabulary are ok, but as you've seen I've got troubles with translating what I think into coherent English I found that posting on forums is helpful.

[End of OT]
Unread 01-15-2013, 06:35 PM   #710
Moonsong
daughter of evil

I'm really fucking sick of Doctor Who and the people on my campus who keep trying to force me to watch it. NO.

Also, I think the stuff that passes for TV these days is absolutely awful, especially the programming on TLC. Finding Bigfoot? Seriously? He doesnt exist. Stahp. Honey Boo boo? Normal people dont give two damns about a bunch of hillbillies living off their overweight 5 year olds fame. The Kardashians? What are they good at? Oh wait... nothing. I will stop now, but yeah..lol..they charge us enough for tv. you would think there could be some decent programming on

On hiatus until 2015.

★Saber EXTRA - 100% complete
★Rachel Alucard (Blazblue) - 100% complete

Moonsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2013, 12:07 AM   #711
jrockfreak

Im sick of all the praise Cowboy Bebop gets! It drives me crazy. The show is just not even close to being worth all that praise. Its one of the most overhyped shows ever, not saying its bad but at times it was boring and just not that good
jrockfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2013, 03:04 PM   #712
HardcoreNamine

I love reality television. It's my guilty pleasure.
Sailor Chibi Moon 5%
HardcoreNamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2013, 04:07 PM   #713
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonsong View Post
I'm really fucking sick of Doctor Who and the people on my campus who keep trying to force me to watch it. NO.

Also, I think the stuff that passes for TV these days is absolutely awful, especially the programming on TLC. Finding Bigfoot? Seriously? He doesnt exist. Stahp. Honey Boo boo? Normal people dont give two damns about a bunch of hillbillies living off their overweight 5 year olds fame. The Kardashians? What are they good at? Oh wait... nothing. I will stop now, but yeah..lol..they charge us enough for tv. you would think there could be some decent programming on
Her mother puts all the money in to a trust fund for her kids.... so stop being a judgemental jerk before you know the facts. Yes they have a tv show, but her mother doesn't use the money for anything EXCEPT the new car they needed. Also Honey Boo Boo is a decent kid, she donates the things and toys people send her to kids who are less fortunate than her. They are a happy family who might not be the healthiest or smartest but that family knows more love than I EVER have in a family.
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
BlondieSundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2013, 04:37 PM   #714
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieSundae View Post
Her mother puts all the money in to a trust fund for her kids.... so stop being a judgemental jerk before you know the facts. Yes they have a tv show, but her mother doesn't use the money for anything EXCEPT the new car they needed. Also Honey Boo Boo is a decent kid, she donates the things and toys people send her to kids who are less fortunate than her. They are a happy family who might not be the healthiest or smartest but that family knows more love than I EVER have in a family.
Her family donates a huge chunk of the money they make off the shows they're on to children's foundations, and Alana ('Honey boo boo') raised nearly 2k in donations for her own Christmas drive, as in she made this herself and collects money to donate through it. Herself.

But hey, they're a family of two fat women so it doesn't matter because they're fat. Because nothing a fat person does will ever make them anything other than fat and fat is clearly the worst thing someone can be.

For the record, I've never watch their program or the show 'Toddlers in Tiaras'. I don't even have cable TV. So I am not some hilarious rabid fan defending something I enjoy. I am just tired of hearing people using weight and presumed income level as an insult. Poor is not a fucking joke or an insult. Fat is not an insult or bad word or the worst trait someone can posses.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2013, 05:17 PM   #715
HardcoreNamine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
Her family donates a huge chunk of the money they make off the shows they're on to children's foundations, and Alana ('Honey boo boo') raised nearly 2k in donations for her own Christmas drive, as in she made this herself and collects money to donate through it. Herself.

But hey, they're a family of two fat women so it doesn't matter because they're fat. Because nothing a fat person does will ever make them anything other than fat and fat is clearly the worst thing someone can be.

For the record, I've never watch their program or the show 'Toddlers in Tiaras'. I don't even have cable TV. So I am not some hilarious rabid fan defending something I enjoy. I am just tired of hearing people using weight and presumed income level as an insult. Poor is not a fucking joke or an insult. Fat is not an insult or bad word or the worst trait someone can posses.
This, so much. It doesn't help that the show only pictures unflattering shots. Honestly, it's disgusting the way everyone treats them.
Sailor Chibi Moon 5%
HardcoreNamine is offline   Reply With Quote