Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Katekyo Hitman Reborn!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 366 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 01-17-2013, 01:52 AM   #16321
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

I'm not usually a fan of genderbend versions of characters, but your Lambo is just too adorable! I love the whole outfit you put together (I would so wear it outside of cosplay because it's just so cute!).
Mehdia is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-17-2013, 06:34 AM   #16322
MissLunatic
Someone

@sassy:
OMG! That's really Squalo O.O! Very convincing. Have to aggree with Mehdia: Especially in the second pic.
Besides do you have other Varia members to cosplay with? (Sorry if I should have forgotten and you already wrote about this.)

Besides thanks ^^. Hope that was no fishing for compliments for my part... ^^''
And you are right. It depends on the character very much as well... Currently testing make up for some other chars although my skill level is hardly beyond zero ^^.

@xiaohimecece:
I'm usually not someone who extremely appreciates genderbender versions. But your fem Lambo looks really convincing as well while it's still very easily recognised. Very good job. I can picture Lambo easily in these clothes if he was female, plus the cosplay suits you well.

Upcoming:
Hotohori (Fushigi Yuugi)
Young Griff (A Song of Ice and Fire - A Dance with Dragons)
Nymeria Sand (A Song of Ice and Fire)
Sharrkan (Magi - The Labyrinth of Magic)
Ryoga Hibiki (Ranma 1/2)

Upgrading:
Kagari Shusei (Psycho-Pass)
Okita Souji (Hakuouki)
MissLunatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2013, 10:43 PM   #16323
sassyesquire
Sassy

Ahh thanks! Im a bit worried about pulling him off, so ill have to work hard pfft.
Ahh yeah, I dont recall mention it but my friend(she sorta introduced me to Squalo and got me to actually get into KHR 100%) and her friend are going to be Bel and Fran and recently we acquired a Lussuria...we really wanna try to get a Xanxus too and possibly Levi but thats kinda optional uwu
sassyesquire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2013, 11:08 PM   #16324
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

I wish I had more friends that will cosplay KHR with me. Right now I just have one, though I will be meeting up with someone else that I do commissions for at A-kon for some KHR cosplay fun in June.
Unread 01-19-2013, 07:00 AM   #16325
MissLunatic
Someone

@Sassy:
Sounds cool. Lussuria's rather rare. I keep my fingers crossed for you that you find Xanxus as well. Or maybe I shouldn't due to flying whiskey-glasses? Levi's very hard to find though... Have only seen a single cosplayer of him (oh... sorry, two ^^'') since 2011. But maybe you are very lucky.^^

Besides somehow we ended up with a rather strange cosplay idea lately... or rather thinking of an old one and really cosplaying it now...
We thought of cosplaying a sleepover at a con on one of that not so busy days, in our case friday, meaning getting pillows and blankets and stuff ready and going in fitting kiddy-pyjamas... Somehow we already got half of the family together, just lacking Ryohei and Yamamoto as often. Strange idea, I know. But guess it'll be much fun though.

On the other hand I'm currently working on another more serious Gokudera-version from the Melon Base aka Sistema CAI. The jacket's ready, need to make the boxes next und to repair my flame arrow.

Upcoming:
Hotohori (Fushigi Yuugi)
Ryoga Hibiki (Ranma 1/2)

Upgrading:
Okita Souji (Hakuouki)
Unread 01-21-2013, 12:41 AM   #16326
sassyesquire
Sassy

@Mehida
Its a lot more fun with more people, but Im really thankful to have discovered theses guys like KHR. You never know though! Sometimes you find people at the strangest times!

@MissLunatic
Oh man that sounds so much fun! HAha things are getting to the point that im just like,,alll the KHR cosplays. Theres a few alternate outfits we wanna do too and just too much too fast hehehe
Man good luck and have some serious fun with that.
asgah
I really cant wait to start making mine aaaaa
Maybe Ill work on Mukuro's trident first hmm
Unread 01-21-2013, 12:55 AM   #16327
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

I have one brother that is one of the reasons I read Reborn, but he thinks he's not in good enough shape to cosplay. I wish he would because it would be fun to get him wrangled into it. His fiancee has thought about reading it and I told her she could totally be Bianchi. And my other friend that was going to be Chrome with me as Mukuro will be out of the country for a year for school, so I'm losing my biggest partner in crime for cosplay for a while. But regardless, myself and the one other friend that will be cosplaying with me will make the best of it. I'm going to make her Lambo's cow print shirt for her birthday and she's stoked. We wanna do all the awesome 10 years later mafia suits they get to rock because it's just a snazzy look. Though I do have casual clothes for Gokudera and Dino, but a suit would be able to be used for so many of the characters.
Unread 01-21-2013, 01:32 PM   #16328
SilverMononoke

Exclamation in need of cosplayers

Anybody going to Phoenix Comicon this year? I'm holding a Katekyo Hitman Reborn Gathering/Photoshoot

This is the link to my DeviantArt of the people involved: http://silvermononoke.deviantart.com/#/d5fdns6
SilverMononoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2013, 05:34 PM   #16329
MissLunatic
Someone

@Sassy:
I have to agree: It’s really random what ppl like and decide to cosplay indeed or rather which ppl you ask, meet and for which ideas they’ll join you.
XD Sounds like a flash xD. But I know what you mean… Although I have already… well about a dozen versions of Gokudera it’s my shame I can’t stop… There are still some more I’d like to cosplay… ^^’’

And thanks. I’m positive we’ll have as much fun as possible that day.
Already got ideas how to make the trident? Guess they’re also very unique for every cosplayer.

Besides currently making my boxes which takes more time again than I thought, but I guess the outcome will be fine.

@Mehdia:
Shape doesn’t matter that much… There are always chars for every shape. Tell him. Only if you are set on a certain character it might take some overcoming.
That’s a pity that your friend will be away, but time goes by much too fast anyway ^^’’. Good choice to make the best out of it. And you are right about the suit of course although I’d not had yet another character to use mine for, but that’s more or less only a question of time I think.

@SilverMononoke:
If there weren’t the Atlantic Ocean and countless miles in between I’d happily attend . Wish you luck though.

Upcoming:
Hotohori (Fushigi Yuugi)
Ryoga Hibiki (Ranma 1/2)

Upgrading:
Okita Souji (Hakuouki)
Unread 01-27-2013, 11:31 PM   #16330
sassyesquire
Sassy

@MissLunatic
Im not entirely sure how I am going to do the trident but I do have some ideas. I might want to try some different methods of making things (I can never make things easy for myself sheesh)
I might hold off on that until I can get my boots for him and height things. That way I will know how long to make it 100%
Oh gosh tell me about it. I keep adding more to what I want to cosplay and I really cant wait to get it together. In four months I am trying to get Present Squalo, Mukuro and possibly Spanner done.
Especially Squalo because now we also have a Mammon (possibly a Levi for our group in the winter but no Xanxus yet aaaaahhhhh)

@SilverMononoke
I wish I could! Sounds fabulous, sadly I live in California and going out of state for a con is beyond my means right now. I wish you luck though!
Unread 02-01-2013, 07:14 AM   #16331
MissLunatic
Someone

@sassy:
Know what you mean. I often feel the same. Although lately on Skype in a discussion I noticed that there possibly isn’t an easy and accurate way to make dynamite at all. Just many different ones.
Besides I often go with try and error myself regarding the crafting stuff although I often ask friends as well when I have no precise idea right away. Or I simply go into the DIY Store and look what looks similar to the parts I need.

Then waiting’s a good idea.^^

About what? My future plans? The cosplays I’ve already done? Or the CAI boxes? XD

Upcoming:
Hotohori (Fushigi Yuugi)
Ryoga Hibiki (Ranma 1/2)

Upgrading:
Okita Souji (Hakuouki)
Unread 02-05-2013, 04:33 PM   #16332
SilverMononoke

@MissLunatic: Thanks anyway~

@sassyesquire: Thank you too. I suppose I'll put up a link when it's over to share pics
SilverMononoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2013, 01:41 AM   #16333
sassyesquire
Sassy

@MissLunatic: Im really excited to work on stuff wow haha I actually have a list now of who and when I am being pfft also I have awesome news! We have a Xanxus finally~~ Im really glad wow. Sometimes it helps to study pictures of what you are making to get a feel of what its made out of and such. I love making props, but I haven't gotten a chance to really try making crazy ones till now hehe

@SilverMononoke: Cant wait to see~!
Unread 02-24-2013, 08:19 PM   #16334
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

Been a bit since I posted! But I return with a photo of the Lambo shirt I made for my friend. It just needs the buttons, but I love it. It's sorta tacky and fabulous, and totally awesome. The silk charmeuse just added a nice little flair to the shirt I think.
Unread 02-26-2013, 01:36 AM   #16335
sassyesquire
Sassy

@Mehida: Oh WOW THAT IS REALLY GREAT AND COOL AND TOTALLY FAB
Its really perf wow ok sorry. It's really nice though! I think it totally fits Lambo hahah