Go Back   Cosplay.com > Non-Cosplay Forums > Video Game Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 22 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-15-2013, 10:14 AM   #5386
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnarCHris View Post
Incase you weren't aware, there is a demo avail for FFXIII-2. Personally, there were some improvements in XIII-2, but the plot was kinda beat.
I've played it. I want to know Michi's opinion! I thought the plot of the first one was goofy.
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-15-2013, 05:01 PM   #5387
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
How are you liking FFXIII-2 compared to the first one?
Ummm it feels overall more or less the same. The story is ridiculously terrible. They repeat so much as if they forgot they already had a conversation, and can't keep anything straight. It makes the original look like the best story ever. Also Serah seems to barely care about her fiancÚ and can't shut up about Lightning. I felt silly answering once that I missed Snow when it was basically the only time Serah actually talked about him.
I like the idea of having monsters that you keep with you and level up, but in practice I'd rather have a regular 3rd party member. Trying to keep straight which monsters of what classes I have with me makes me want to strategize less, if that makes any sense. I liked the old crystarium & paradigm system better.
The stuff I DO like is having the response choices in conversations, and I really like the concept of time travel. I just wish it wasn't so poorly implemented.

I sound like I hate this game but I really do like playing it, overall. I got pretty stuck and lost last night so maybe I am just bitter today.

Quote:
Make sure you toss up your friend's code once you get it!
I will! TOMORROW YAY

Facebook / Twitter / Website / Tumblr

Next Event: J-Pop Summit Festival in San Francisco, CA (July 19-20)
Michi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2013, 05:35 PM   #5388
DarkFujin
Lang Zhi says...

Quote:
Make sure you toss up your friend's code once you get it!
Oh, dude, by the way, I didn't realize that I never added you on my 3DS, so I added you today. We're friends now! lol

Speaking of friendcodes and whatnot, I don't remember if I ever posted my WiiU ID, which is TheBodyElectric. Although I've only had the thing since buying it right after Christmas, and have no idea how to add friends or anything.
DarkFujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2013, 05:36 PM   #5389
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michi View Post
Also Serah seems to barely care about her fiancÚ
Well, that won't bother me because I barely cared about Snow. XD

Quote:
I like the idea of having monsters that you keep with you and level up, but in practice I'd rather have a regular 3rd party member. Trying to keep straight which monsters of what classes I have with me makes me want to strategize less, if that makes any sense. I liked the old crystarium & paradigm system better.
The stuff I DO like is having the response choices in conversations, and I really like the concept of time travel. I just wish it wasn't so poorly implemented.
What I liked best about the first one was the battle system. I wasn't really crazy about the crystallarium because I felt like you didn't really have a lot of viable options through most of the game. I did like the paradigms though. I don't recall dealing with monsters in the demo. Anyway - maybe I'll play it next after I'm done with Darksiders. It will be something different!
Unread 01-15-2013, 07:25 PM   #5390
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Well, that won't bother me because I barely cared about Snow. XD
hahaha I don't care about him, it just bugs me because they're engaged and they don't really seem to care. Blah whatever Final Fantasy.

Anyway the gameplay is kinda all over the place and you can end up accidentally doing side missions rather than the main quest, it seems. I just want to speed through the main story and instead I'm accidentally trying to get past an optional boss? I'm confused.

Unread 01-15-2013, 10:08 PM   #5391
Zweihander
Resident jerkface

>joined Forest Covenant last week
>currently having a lot of fun being summoned to invade people
>wreck someone's shit in four 2-handed slashes or less
>chop chop
>indicted
>send message on PSN, "Welcome to Dark Souls."
>chop chop
>indicted
>"Welcome to Dark Souls."
>chop chop

Repeat. For two hours straight. Most laughs I've had while playing a game since Portal 2. The only problem is when you invade Smurfy McTwink and his two buddies.

Last edited by Zweihander : 01-15-2013 at 10:11 PM.
Zweihander is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2013, 03:44 AM   #5392
MeiChama
Variable Trigger!

Kid Icarus Uprising. I bought this game a year ago after my friend got me a 3DS, but I just completely forgot about it. ^^;

Cons Attending
[Miku Expo]

dA
Facebook
Instagram
MeiChama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2013, 05:47 AM   #5393
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zweihander View Post
The only problem is when you invade Smurfy McTwink and his two buddies.
WELCOME TO DARK SOULS!

Yeah, ganking in the Forest or the Kiln is a dick move. As is invading in the Undead Burg. But I get seriously tired of all the whiners (not saying that you are). Don't want to get ganked? Don't invade. Don't want to get invaded? Play hollow or off-line. I don't enjoy PvP so I've learned not to go into the Forest alive unless I've joined the covenant. In the game I'm co-oping with The Saint, we just stay under-leveled. We got invaded a couple of times early on but since then have been left in peace.
Unread 01-16-2013, 07:30 PM   #5394
Zweihander
Resident jerkface

Quote:
WELCOME TO DARK SOULS!

Yeah, ganking in the Forest or the Kiln is a dick move. As is invading in the Undead Burg. But I get seriously tired of all the whiners (not saying that you are). Don't want to get ganked? Don't invade. Don't want to get invaded? Play hollow or off-line. I don't enjoy PvP so I've learned not to go into the Forest alive unless I've joined the covenant. In the game I'm co-oping with The Saint, we just stay under-leveled. We got invaded a couple of times early on but since then have been left in peace.
I feel no shame using the black separation crystal when I see Twinkletoes and his two buddies running at me without bowing, even after I do it first.
Unread 01-16-2013, 08:57 PM   #5395
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
I feel no shame using the black separation crystal when I see Twinkletoes and his two buddies running at me without bowing, even after I do it first.
Nor should you. I feel no shame running for the boss door if I get invaded or suiciding near the bonfire if I'm carrying more souls and humanity than I want to lose. Since I'm never looking for a duel, if I get invaded I don't bow even if they do - I don't trust them to not take a shot at me while I'm bowing. And I have no qualms about using every dirty trick I know because every dirty trick I know, I know because an invader used it on me! XD On the other hand, I don't hang out alive in the Forest or the Kiln. If I'm alive, it's because I'm trying to summon and make progress in the game. If I get invaded, I deal. *shrug* If I get invaded when I have phantoms with me, then the invader has to deal. I'd be perfectly happy for them to use the black separation crystal.
Unread 01-17-2013, 04:34 AM   #5396
Zweihander
Resident jerkface

Quote:
Nor should you. I feel no shame running for the boss door if I get invaded or suiciding near the bonfire if I'm carrying more souls and humanity than I want to lose. Since I'm never looking for a duel, if I get invaded I don't bow even if they do - I don't trust them to not take a shot at me while I'm bowing. And I have no qualms about using every dirty trick I know because every dirty trick I know, I know because an invader used it on me! XD On the other hand, I don't hang out alive in the Forest or the Kiln. If I'm alive, it's because I'm trying to summon and make progress in the game. If I get invaded, I deal. *shrug* If I get invaded when I have phantoms with me, then the invader has to deal. I'd be perfectly happy for them to use the black separation crystal.
I got invaded earlier while making my way through Anor Londo, but a minute later, I see the "invader vanquished" message. He hit me up on PSN a few minutes later, saying "with a name like yours, I just couldn't do it." (pills4louis) Finally, that stupid, impulsively-chosen name paid off. Way overleveled now, though. I beat Biggie & Smalls in under two minutes, and the night before, I beat Priscilla with seven 2-handed hits. Didn't even get her tail, and that was the fourth time I fought her. I was SL 70-something. The first two times, she killed me. Third time, I got her patterns down but avoided killing her because I wanted the tail dagger. Fourth time, I still wasn't hitting the tail enough by the time she was almost dead, so I ultimately said "fuck it" and finished her. SL 84 or 85 now, I think. Up for any co-op, if you're within that range?
Unread 01-17-2013, 05:42 AM   #5397
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
I got invaded earlier while making my way through Anor Londo, but a minute later, I see the "invader vanquished" message. He hit me up on PSN a few minutes later, saying "with a name like yours, I just couldn't do it." (pills4louis) Finally, that stupid, impulsively-chosen name paid off.
XD Here's my best invasion story: I was trying to summon The Saint in the Undead Parish and got invaded. For once, the guy came right at me - usually they hide or try to lure you into enemies. I manage to backstab him once for almost no damage. He's got some kind of fire weapon so I was like, "Fine, let's just get this over with so that I can get back to looking for my husband," and remove my weapon and shield. Much to my surprise, he does the same thing and we end up punching each other mano-a-womano for the next five minutes while I die laughing. Finally he stops, waves, drops some green titanite for me and leaves.

Quote:
Didn't even get her tail, and that was the fourth time I fought her. I was SL 70-something. The first two times, she killed me. Third time, I got her patterns down but avoided killing her because I wanted the tail dagger. Fourth time, I still wasn't hitting the tail enough by the time she was almost dead, so I ultimately said "fuck it" and finished her.
Most tails are super hard to cut on your own but fairly easy with co-op. From really wants people to be online. I'm never going to platinum this game though because I refuse to kill Priscilla.

Quote:
SL 84 or 85 now, I think. Up for any co-op, if you're within that range?
Sure. I've got 12 different profiles on two different consoles. I'm sure that one of them is in that range or can get there quickly. Let me know when and where.
Unread 01-17-2013, 03:40 PM   #5398
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

I'm playing SETTING UP MY NEW 3DS.

Unread 01-17-2013, 09:02 PM   #5399
DarkFujin
Lang Zhi says...

Quote:
I'm playing SETTING UP MY NEW 3DS.
Woot! I added you back by the way. Also, if you have a CLub Nintendo account, they frequently post eShop games as rewards on there for both the 3DS and the Wii. They're not always good games though, but every once and while they'll have something like Metroid 2.
DarkFujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2013, 10:24 AM   #5400
Mesoian
I Can't Be Cool

Darksiders.

Games like this are why people don't like bosses anymore.

~Well If It Ain't Finally a Question That's Worth Answering~
Mesoian is offline   Reply With Quote