Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Makeup and Eye Contacts

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-16-2013, 09:04 AM   #1
Ink
We're all mad here!

White mesh contacts - with prescription?

I was thinking about getting some white mesh contacts (http://www.foureyez.com/mesh-and-scr...nses-pair.html) for my Night Elf costume (http://effysrponwyrmrestaccord.files...ight-elf-1.jpg)

I hear seeing through them is a bit like seeing through fog, and I'm alright with that. However, I can't seem to find them with prescription.
I know some people would just order normal ones and be blind for the day, but that gives me such a headache (and besides, I go to watch nice costumes, it'd be little point if I couldn't see two feet in front of me. The fog will be enough).

Can you actually get them with prescription? I have -2.50 on each eye, so it's no crazy numbers or anything. Or if you can't, does wearing two pairs of contacts work? Like, the mesh ones with a pair of normal ones under/on top? It doesn't sound great, but if it's only for a day or two?
And the mome raths outgrabe."
Ink is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-17-2013, 03:54 PM   #2
arsenicCatnip

ok i don't know anything about white mesh contacts in prescription being available (i'm actually looking for those too) but oh my gosh please DO NOT !! wear two pairs on top of each other, unless your eye doctor tells you to do otherwise.
it can cut off oxygen to your eyes and that is not fun. if you feel like it's your only option, don't just go and do it, ask your eye doctor about it for a definite answer.

an alternative option could be wearing the non-prescription lenses and your normal glasses, and taking them off for photos and such. that way, you can still see most of the time! besides the foggy vision from the mesh, of course eheheheh
arsenicCatnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2013, 05:36 PM   #3
DespairedPheonix
Elilicious

please dont layer contacts. its just not good for you. wear your glasses and take them off for photos.
In the works: Dark Mousy, DNAngel | InuYasha, InuYasha

Facebook
| Deviantart
DespairedPheonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2013, 07:26 PM   #4
Tigersoul

just how much are you willing to spend?

9mmsfx.com will make them for you, in RX, but your looking at $300-$500... they do any custom design but they charge a pretty penny too...

"The bad news is he ended up building the whole rock tower... the good news *gulp* I have a rock tower to knock down..." - Rainbow Dash, My Little Pony: Fiendship is Magic (S03E09)
Tigersoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2013, 08:21 PM   #5
ShinobuWind
An Ocean Loving Nerd! =D

http://www.dbeautyshop.com/products/...-power%29.html

I'm in the same boat, and I stumbled upon these the other day. They are a bit expensive, but it beats shelling out 300-500 dollars for customs from 9mmsfx.
ShinobuWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2013, 05:44 AM   #6
Ink
We're all mad here!

Noted, do not layer contacts.

I really don't wanna use my glasses, though, since I want to look good even when not on photos, and night elves and my frames would not go well together :P

Oh, thanks a lot ShinobuWind! Still a bit more than I'd like to spend, but definitely way better than the other option. £50 isn't that much, actually. I'll just need to find the money now and then I can order some and try them out
And the mome raths outgrabe."
Ink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2013, 09:11 AM   #7
Angelophile

I can recommend HoneyColor.com for lenses. They're ridiculously cheap (only $25 for each pair of special effects lenses I ordered, and they're prescription too). Wearing the white mesh lenses is definitely like looking through fog, but not horrendous, although I wouldn't want to wear them for extended periods.
Angelophile is offline   Reply With Quote