Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Costume Critique

Unread 01-10-2013, 07:01 PM   #1
Jacecam32

WhiteBeard Cosplay

This is rather late. 6 months ago I was at Animethon 19. I was cosplaying Whitebeard the whole weekend. Even entered the cosplay contest. and despite mid on stage prop falling apart I think I did well. Just wanting to get others opinions on the constume. Maybe some points of improvement?

The Video isn't the best. the spot lights make me glow. but that was my skit. apparently a LOT of people didn't get it. (just from what i heard) which is kinda full of disappoint for me. T.T
Cosplay Contest Entry

Posing with Luffy 1

Posing with Luffy 2

Battle pose

Sadly those are basically all the pictures I could find of Moi!.

So far my plans are to redo the shirts so that the muscle definition and scare tones are more visible and look better (preferably with air brush) and I have a desire to redo the jacket. but so much has been put into it by me and my family. well mostly my family. Also I want to velcro the shoulders of the jacket to the first layer of the shirt. So that it stays on without having to fight with it.

Looking forward to hearing what you guys think.
Jacecam32 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-17-2013, 10:23 PM   #2
StabbityBlkMage
I eat emo kids.

I think my biggest thing would be for you to ditch the shirt concept altogether. It looked fine before you added it! Be loud and proud! Like Whitebeard himself!!!

I think I've also given you all the advice I can give on the spear through our PM's on coscom and FB.

Blogspot- Step by Step tutorials!
Facebook
Twitter - Day to day WIP!
Deviantart
StabbityBlkMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2013, 10:50 PM   #3
Identity-Crisis

I think it looks fine without the shirt.

If you want to redo the jacket I'd suggest finding a way to stiffen the collar so it stands up a bit more and maybe even adding some sort of shoulder pad because he's got some pretty broad square shoulders.
Identity-Crisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2013, 01:47 PM   #4
Jacecam32

Problem I have with the whole shirtless idea. I'm a fuzzy guy. I pulled a rug off my chest last time. I happen to like my manly chest hairiness.
Also Stabbity I Know we talked about the putting together of it. But my current project is how to make the face of the spear look smooth as opposed to all lines on it from the masking tape.

Thats actually a good Idea Identity. I never thought about shoulder pads. Would those also help the jacket stay on my shoulders maybe? I had an issue of walking to fast or wind knocking the jacket off.
Unread 01-19-2013, 11:20 PM   #5
Identity-Crisis

I don't really know, but if you're afraid of knocking the jacket off you could sew some straps around your arms to keep it in place?
Identity-Crisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2013, 09:07 PM   #6
Jacecam32

I was thinking of sewing some velcro to the tear away part of my shirt. The straps would be a good idea if I wasn't taking the jacket off though.