Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 627 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 01-15-2013, 05:29 AM   #12256
StarsCASSiOPEiA
Crazy name CAPiTALiZATiON

Shana, I think those might've been taken in the fall, during Mickey's Halloween Party. For a couple weekends in October, adults can wear costumes into the park as part of the celebration!
  • Magic Armor Link (LoZ: Twilight Princess): 15% (Patterning) Katsucon 2015
  • Emperor Lelouch (Code Geass): 2% (Planning) Katsucon 2015
DeviantART // Tumblr // Facebook
StarsCASSiOPEiA is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-15-2013, 07:02 AM   #12257
kojirojames2004
Have not decided for 2014

Shana05, for the record, Disney parks in Anaheim and Florida stage hard ticket events in September and October themed towards Halloween where guests can dress up as characters, so they don't get confused with real cast members in those roles.
Unread 01-15-2013, 08:33 AM   #12258
alice4ck
Lost in Wonderland

curse those alice in wonderland aprons! They're so darn uncomfortable!!

anyways, I think I need to stop cosplaying.. my anxiety levels are just too high for it and most the costumes I wear are too uncomfortable for me, plus I never attend conventions, so there's really no reason for cosplaying.. :/

Last edited by alice4ck : 01-16-2013 at 06:05 PM.
alice4ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2013, 10:19 AM   #12259
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

I was wondering since I'm going to Disney World in May. Man, people who live in California/Florida are so lucky.

Working on: Lolita!Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan) - Red Riding Hood!Alois Trancy (Black Butler)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2013, 10:28 AM   #12260
MaryRyanBogard
A misfit among misfits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shana05 View Post
Looking at the galleries I see a lot of photos taken at the Disney parks.
As others have said, these were taken during separate-ticket events that take place outside of regular operating hours during early-mid autumn (around Halloween)- either Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party in Florida's Magic Kingdom (if you've seen the acronym "MNSSHP" on this thread, this is what it refers to) or Mickey's Halloween Party in California's Disneyland Park (though I think it used to be in California Adventure). That and I believe the Star Wars Weekends at Florida's Disney Hollywood Studios where guests of all ages can wear "Star Wars" costumes (and this event existed even before the recent merger) are the only situations in which anyone whose age is outside the single digits can cosplay on Disney property.

At the same time, I seem to remember hearing about people cosplaying Disney characters being harassed for getting their pictures taken, even just by their own friends/family, during these events. If that's true, those cosplayers whose pictures you saw were either plain lucky or were asked to stop after the pics were taken.

Ginny Weasley and the Midnight Magic Party- the closest thing to a website I have right now.
MaryRyanBogard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2013, 05:42 AM   #12261
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Tink is on hold now... I lost the bidding on the base dress on ebay at the last second (literally!) and now I cant find my blonde wig to use for her! Luck not going my way with Tink at all... I think I need some magic pixie dust or Tink to help me find these items haha!
Unread 01-17-2013, 07:59 AM   #12262
kojirojames2004
Have not decided for 2014

You would be right, Mary. The California event started at Disneyland proper, moved after an absence to DCA, and returned to the original park a few years ago.
Unread 01-17-2013, 06:20 PM   #12263
LKD
Is a princess!!

The Christmas parties since they're ticketed as well, you can dress up. There's a whole giant thread on that stuff in the general cosplay area thingymachig.

Anywho~

I'm STILL working on the Tink dresses, since they don't have a deadline so I was doing a different commission xP I WILL POST PICSSS IM excited to work on them~

I have a jasmine party soon and I sold my old one so new costume time yay!

Here's my sketch of it~

And the fabrics and trims and junk~

My friend who made my peri is sewing it all up for me :3 so I have more time for my commissions~ I'm excited to see my jas and the party *-*
I got my body stocking for her and Ariel so yay no more inappropriate boob comments and stares from guys at parties >>
Unread 01-17-2013, 08:56 PM   #12264
Suzie Blue
Stuck in the 90s

Furie- Aww, that stinks! :/ If you're interested, I have a dress that is kind of like Tink's. I mean, it doesn't really look like the Disney version, but it could be modified. I don't know if you would want it, but I can take pics this weekend if you want to see it.

LKD- AHHH I love your materials so much! Your Jasmine is going to be beautiful!

alice4ck- Only quit cosplaying if it is something you truly feel you want to do. If you want your costumes to be more comfortable, look into getting well-made patterns and maybe getting apparel fabrics that are just slightly more expensive than basic cotton. Also, cosplay isn't just about going to conventions! I have been making costumes for a few years now and have yet to attend a convention. I would like to go to one this year, but for me, I truly enjoy creating the costume itself. To help reduce your costume-related anxiety, try to remember that the only opinions that matter are YOURS. Make things the way YOU want them to be. If you like what you have made, that's all that matters. I tend to get caught up in comparing my works to those whose skill levels are much higher than mine, and start to get depressed. I have to remind myself that this is MY costume and that I will only improve with practice. Please don't quit cosplaying unless you simply don't want to do it anymore.

Ugh, I HATE SCHOOL SO MUCH. I am itching to go home this weekend so I can work on Historical Rapunzel more. :3 I should be able to get the overskirt almost finished and maybe even get most of the sleeves done. I can't wait!
Unread 01-18-2013, 06:25 AM   #12265
alice4ck
Lost in Wonderland

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzie Blue View Post
alice4ck- Only quit cosplaying if it is something you truly feel you want to do. If you want your costumes to be more comfortable, look into getting well-made patterns and maybe getting apparel fabrics that are just slightly more expensive than basic cotton. Also, cosplay isn't just about going to conventions! I have been making costumes for a few years now and have yet to attend a convention. I would like to go to one this year, but for me, I truly enjoy creating the costume itself. To help reduce your costume-related anxiety, try to remember that the only opinions that matter are YOURS. Make things the way YOU want them to be. If you like what you have made, that's all that matters. I tend to get caught up in comparing my works to those whose skill levels are much higher than mine, and start to get depressed. I have to remind myself that this is MY costume and that I will only improve with practice. Please don't quit cosplaying unless you simply don't want to do it anymore.
Thank you for the response and insight, Suzie Blue. So, I see I'm not the only one with the same kind of problems.. I really don't want to quit costume making, I just sometimes get very frustrated with it / feel like I want to give up on it, even though it's something I like to do.. Maybe instead, when I get frustrated, just take a break from it for several days until a new idea comes to mind, which it usually does. As for uncomfortableness: it's really not the fabric choice that;s the problem, it's the design of the costumes.. :/

As for comparing my costumes to others: I've been there a lot.. There are people who are so much better than me, But there's always room for improvement, and some costumes do take hard work [and time] to complete, they won't come together right away.. Thank you for your comment and I'll keep up the fairly good work.. I need to get the right fabric for Mulan while I'm at it.. :/

Last edited by alice4ck : 01-19-2013 at 09:11 AM.
alice4ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2013, 06:56 AM   #12266
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Suzie- ooh can you take photos so I can at least have a look at it?

LKD- LOVE your fabrics for Jasmine and concept sketch idea for the costume!

Good news: I HAVE MY BLONDE WIG!!!!! It's in the process of drying after a good wash and the bangs are styled... just gotta do the rest once the wig has dried
Unread 01-18-2013, 02:46 PM   #12267
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Sooooo I styled my Tink wig today to distract me from the snow XD!
Unread 01-19-2013, 07:19 AM   #12268
alice4ck
Lost in Wonderland

Very cute wig, Furie.
Unread 01-19-2013, 03:04 PM   #12269
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Alice- thank you! I was surprised by how easily I styled that wig! Everyone always tells me how hard it is to convert a down style long wig into an up do wig, and I did it in like minutes first time try. I guess I was just lucky XP! Now to re make the wings and do the dress!
Unread 01-19-2013, 03:27 PM   #12270
alice4ck
Lost in Wonderland

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriePhoenix View Post
Alice- thank you! I was surprised by how easily I styled that wig! Everyone always tells me how hard it is to convert a down style long wig into an up do wig, and I did it in like minutes first time try. I guess I was just lucky XP! Now to re make the wings and do the dress!
You're welcome.

For my Tink: I'm just gonna make the wings from poster board - I really don't wanna mess with wires.. lol. and I'm gonna use my real hair, but leave it down.. I've got a sensitive scalp and a hair-style like that would be very painful.. I don't buy wigs, so that's out of the question.. :/