Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > TV/Movie/Musical (live action)

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 39 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-04-2013, 01:19 AM   #181
Garuda_Aiacos
Waitin 4 Behemoth Violate

Cool! My friend also did Bofur last December for the movie release tho' it's still WIP. Hope I can help to increase the "population" of Movie Dwarves from the Company this December with my Kili (Ya, I can't really imagine myself with too much beard so going for the "easy" one. I prefer his Outfit better anyhow :P)

Anyhow, is Spirit Gum stronger than Eyelash Glue?
Maybe can try getting a small bottle and try it out. There are stronger ones out there for Professional Theatre or Movie-Filming uses but I can't remember its link as I got the infos back in 2003 when I asked at the LOTR_Costume Mailing List (I was afraid Spirit Gum is not strong enough to stick my Elven Ears down to my Ears back then as I can get pretty sweaty but Thank God it works tho' in 2004, I developed an Temporary Allergy to Spirit Gum! >_< )

SAINT SEIYA THE LOST CANVAS Hades Alone
SAINT SEIYA SUPER MUSICAL Athena Saori
SAINT SEIYA OMEGA Orion Eden
SAINT SEIYA THE LOST CANVAS Athena Sasha
Garuda_Aiacos is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-05-2013, 02:05 PM   #182
Aurora Maryte
The Voice of an Angel

I'm basically 99% certain it is stronger than eyelash glue.
At the very least, we used some on my brother, and then I couldn't find the spirit gum remover for a little while and we couldn't get it off any other way that we tried.
I think a large enough amount of it should work for a beard, even a big fluffy beard. Doesn't hurt to get some and test it out to see if it works well at any rate.

Conventions 2014~
-Katsucon- -Castle Point- -AnimeNEXT- -Philly Comic Con- -NYCC-
2014 Cosplays~ Celes Chere-opera gown(FF: VI); Dr. Princess(Adventure Time); Eowyn- green dress(LOTR); Magik(X-men); Anna(Frozen); Apple Pie(Sakizou); Stella(FF: XV); Scarlet Witch(Uncanny Avengers)

Aurora Maryte is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2013, 08:39 AM   #183
PeregrinTook310

Meant to post these earlier, but here are our Legolas and Arwen! Details about the costumes can be found on their costume pages!

http://www.cosplay.com/costume/443638/

http://www.cosplay.com/costume/443639/

Fellowship Gimli | Coronation Legolas | Suede Jerkin Legolas from 'The Hobbit' | Arwen Requiem Gown

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CelticRuinsCostumes
PeregrinTook310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2013, 01:12 AM   #184
hippiewriter
Socks.

I'm tired of wearing a cloak and elf ears whenever I want to do a LOTR cosplay, so I think I'll make a proper LOTR cosplay soon. I'm torn between Legolas's main outfit and Eowyn's shield maiden gown, though. I love some of Galadriel's and Arwen's costumes, too, but I'm limited to costumes that I can pull off without a wig.

What do you guys think? Should I do Eowyn or Legolas first?
hippiewriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2013, 08:40 AM   #185
Garuda_Aiacos

What is your Budget and Level of Anality towards Accuracy? :P And how well can you Crossplay?

Personally, I feel Eowyn Shieldmaiden will be cheaper and faster to be settle as long as you are able to take certain substitutes to types of cloths used (as we know, there are patterns on the cloths used for Eowyn's Shieldmaiden Dress). There are lots of recommendations to how it can be done online, "tutorials" and stuffs.

But a Legolas Outfit will give a more "Wow!" factor if done properly and might have Fangirls glomping you at events

Unread 01-10-2013, 12:25 PM   #186
Gee2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeregrinTook310 View Post
Meant to post these earlier, but here are our Legolas and Arwen! Details about the costumes can be found on their costume pages!

http://www.cosplay.com/costume/443638/

http://www.cosplay.com/costume/443639/
Saw these posted at the RPF and they are just as awesome here, really well done!
Gee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2013, 12:29 PM   #187
Gee2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garuda_Aiacos View Post
Cool! My friend also did Bofur last December for the movie release tho' it's still WIP. Hope I can help to increase the "population" of Movie Dwarves from the Company this December with my Kili (Ya, I can't really imagine myself with too much beard so going for the "easy" one. I prefer his Outfit better anyhow :P)

Anyhow, is Spirit Gum stronger than Eyelash Glue?
Maybe can try getting a small bottle and try it out. There are stronger ones out there for Professional Theatre or Movie-Filming uses but I can't remember its link as I got the infos back in 2003 when I asked at the LOTR_Costume Mailing List (I was afraid Spirit Gum is not strong enough to stick my Elven Ears down to my Ears back then as I can get pretty sweaty but Thank God it works tho' in 2004, I developed an Temporary Allergy to Spirit Gum! >_< )
Spirit gum is great, but as Aurora said, you'll need remover, I use Graftobain and it is worth every penny. If you're unable to use spirit gum, try pros-aide or Ben Nye prosthetic adhesive. They're not quite as strong but are much more friendly to the skin.
Gee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2013, 07:23 PM   #188
Seifer-sama

Hi everyone. I am just kind of popping in and checking this forum out. I have been tossing around the idea of perhaps doing a Galadriel, but it won't be for a little while. Anyway,

@ PeregrinTook310: Wow those costumes are amazing! Great job on them!

@ hippiewriter: I think Eowyn would be a good one to do!!

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%
Charlotte Elbourne - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 20%
Meier Link - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 10%
A-ko - Project A-ko - 80%
Minwu - Final Fantasy II - 20%

Planned Projects:
Mia Fey - Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Sorceress Edea - Final Fantasy VIII
Beatrix - Final Fantasy IX
Sailor Moon / Princess Serenity - Sailor Moon (Someday!!)
Seifer-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2013, 03:02 AM   #189
Garuda_Aiacos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seifer-sama View Post
I have been tossing around the idea of perhaps doing a Galadriel, but it won't be for a little while.
Which of her Outfit you got in mind?

Unread 01-16-2013, 01:01 PM   #190
Seifer-sama

@ Garuda_Aiacos: I am thinking of doing the version from the Hobbit actually. My partner mentioned he might want to do Thorin.

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%

Planned Projects:
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Unread 01-18-2013, 05:19 PM   #191
Mae-Gwyn
Mae-Gwyn

1) I would like to cosplay certain costumes from the movies such as Eowyn's Funeral garb and Arwen's Hope dress. I am currently working on a couple of cosplays from the Silmarillion, where the designs are my own but the characters are of the Valar. I've got partway through Vana and Este and I shall be designing and creating Nessa soon. I would also like to make my own takes on what Arwen and Eowyn would wear. One costume that I would love to make is Galadriel from the london version of the musical.

2) I got into the fandom when I first saw the movies, about grade 8 I think. I fell in love with the costumes and always dreamed of making some! I started my first LOTR cosplay in the fall of 2012 to get ready for the Hobbit

3) I love the costumes in the movies!!! Totally great inspiration!! LOTR was actually the pushing driving for me to make costumes

4) I like most of the races but alas i am too tall to cosplay anything shorter than a human! So i'm stuck with just elves, maiar, valar and humans

If anyone is interested in seeing my Silmarillion costumes, please feel free the check out my profile!
Unread 01-21-2013, 01:11 PM   #192
Seifer-sama

@ Mae-Gwyn: Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!!

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%

Planned Projects:
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Unread 01-24-2013, 01:10 PM   #193
Garuda_Aiacos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seifer-sama View Post
I am thinking of doing the version from the Hobbit actually. My partner mentioned he might want to do Thorin.
Oooo.....the Dress Galadriel wore in An Expected Journey, the one being called "Water Dress"?

I love that Gown too the moment it was released as it reminded me so much of the Saint Seiya Dress I had done recently (it's the amount of Chiffon the dress ate up and its collar ) but guess I shouldn't put it into my list this year yet as got 3 other costumes (Kili, Ringwraith & Rivendell Guard) from An Unexpected Journey to try to do by December this year

And looking forward to your Partner's Thorin too. My friend from Malaysia had did it (she handmade each of the Mail on the Coat from Sculpey III ) and I was most impressed with the results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mae-Gwyn View Post
I am currently working on a couple of cosplays from the Silmarillion, where the designs are my own but the characters are of the Valar. I've got partway through Vana and Este and I shall be designing and creating Nessa soon.
That sounds cool! Quite rare to see people doing characters from the Silmarillion.
I myself thot of doing Mandos but not any time soon I guess until I improve my Makeup Skills so can look more appropriate like him.

Quote:
One costume that I would love to make is Galadriel from the london version of the musical.
OMG! I LOVE that costume too tho' only seen it in pictures! But finding the Lace for the Dress is gonna be hard.

Quote:
4) I like most of the races but alas i am too tall to cosplay anything shorter than a human! So i'm stuck with just elves, maiar, valar and humans
Well, I'm neither here nor there in term of height or body size but I just prefer to go "What the heck!" and do whichever costume or race I want from the series. Mostly into the Elves right now.

Unread 01-24-2013, 01:56 PM   #194
Seifer-sama

@ Garuda_Aiacos: Yes, the water dress. I did do some research and found out that was it's name. It's fitting. But yes I too loved that gown. I am excited to have a nice flowy dress for once!! As for Thorin, I am excited about that too. I am not sure if he is going to make the mail by hand or not. We will see. I bet your friend's was very impressive though! I am such a fan of DIY stuff! I think there is so much love and uniqueness in costumes that are put together like that. And wow, you sure are setting a large goal for yourself. I really look forward to seeing what you come up with though!

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%

Planned Projects:
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Unread 02-07-2013, 12:55 AM   #195
kuro-nee
Instant noodles eater

So, I might be attending a themed cosplay party by my friend and I decided to go as a female dwarf. I'm already making a Balin costume for HobbitoS but I'm thinking of making Female Balin. Hopefully this will work! Possibly I'll put up a costume concept up soon!

Btw, how does one eat with a beard and not get it dirty? o.O
kuro-nee is offline   Reply With Quote