Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-19-2013, 02:16 AM   #181
PSY-chan
Arrogant Ignoramus

McCalls's 6701 view D might work. You'd have to add the sleeves and make the bottom hem jagged.
PSY-chan is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-02-2013, 01:53 PM   #182
Suzie Blue
Stuck in the 90s

Yesterday I got new fabric with which I will be remaking my Fionna shirt with; I made my original one with spandex (which is not the most cooperative fabric, especially when you're stuck with a crappy sewing machince) and used a not-so-great pattern (as in an old tshirt), so it didn't turn out the greatest. This time around I'll have better fabric and should have my Pfaff working again by the time I make it, so it should turn out nicer!

ayaasan- Your Ice Queen progress looks great!

HareyuNanami- Cute design! I think it's a floor length dress (it looks like a high front/low back dress, but I believe that's because she's holding the front up) with a long train in the back. Something like S1901 could work. To get the jagged edge, you can either cut the hem in the shape you want, then satin stitch over the edge to finish it, or draw out the desired shapes on the hem, then use a soldering tool to melt/burn the fabric which will seal the edge. That may not have made much sense, but Yaya Han used the method here for her C.C. gown.
Unread 02-03-2013, 01:46 PM   #183
MagiFox
Spacey-Wacey

I'm planning to make a Farmworld/IceQueen!Fionna later this year, and the only thing I'm struggling with is how to make her mechanical arm (which is pretty much similar to Farmworld!Finn) and actually make it possible to move my arm and the clamp/hand. (And also make it comfortable to wear around the con). I thought about using foam or cardboard, but I'm new to making large scale props.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__...world_Finn.PNG

Does any one have any tips on how to make it?
Danny Phantom (Danny Phantom)
Randy Cunningham [Ninja Suit] (RC9GN)
Hades [Female] (Hercules (Disney))
Sixth Doctor [Female] (Doctor Who)

[~Upcoming Events~]
Otakuthon 2014 l Montreal Comic Con 2014
MagiFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2013, 12:55 AM   #184
radioheart
eat the rich

I am currently in the process of making a Breakfast Princess cosplay, however, I am stuck with making the toast part of her dress. I don't want it too big, and preferably, I would like to make it out of felt and cushion.

Does anyone have any suggestions as how I can go about making it and attaching in the the dress I already have for the base?
Thanks!

Anime North 2014

Friday: Breakfast Princess - Adventure Time
Friday night: Leela - Futurama
Saturday: Cruella de Vil - 101 Dalmations (1950's Pinup Version)
Sunday: Leela - Futurama

Need makeup done at a reasonable price?
www.tabithapaxton.com

radioheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2013, 06:36 PM   #185
ayaasan

radioheart: I'd totally make the toast out of fuzzy stuffed fleece, and then just have some straps at the shoulders (kind of like a sandwich board sign :P) But with shorter straps in either clear or a color matching the bodice of the dress. I'd totally make the butter out of model magic, paint it up, and make it glossy with mod podge, then attach with E6000

Annndd Ice Queen progress!!~

Everything is draped and ready to go, just need to get sewing!
Unread 02-13-2013, 10:32 PM   #186
Ayame Uchiha
...got it memorized?

From what it looks like, Marshall Lee and Flame Princess are on my list of 'To-Do's' for Adventure time. I've been looking around for the body paint for Marshall and I'm a little leery about what color to get because of my skin color. I know I shouldn't worry too much about it, but well, I don't want brown popping up behind the body paint, haha. Which color do you think would compliment me as well as cover up my skin? I'm not super dark, think like milk chocolate xD

Sakuracon, WA
Fanime, CA
Anime Expo, CA
SDCC, CA

Cosplays

Korra: Legend of Korra book 2
Armin: Attack on Titan (SnK)
Blake Belladona: RWBY
Matoi Ryuko: Kill la Kill
Aoba Seragaki: DRAMAtical Murder
Sailor Flame Princess: Sailor Moon/Adventure time crossover
Nagisa/Fem!Nagisa: Free!

Last edited by Ayame Uchiha : 02-13-2013 at 10:36 PM.
Ayame Uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2013, 08:32 PM   #187
Miyabi-
All Will Be Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayame Uchiha View Post
From what it looks like, Marshall Lee and Flame Princess are on my list of 'To-Do's' for Adventure time. I've been looking around for the body paint for Marshall and I'm a little leery about what color to get because of my skin color. I know I shouldn't worry too much about it, but well, I don't want brown popping up behind the body paint, haha. Which color do you think would compliment me as well as cover up my skin? I'm not super dark, think like milk chocolate xD
I talked to another Marshall cosplayer at Ohayo last year and he said he was naturally dark tan and that he used Ben Nye so maybe give that a try?

I like and use Paradise AQ myself and I'm super pale so they always look very dark on my skin tone (I always have to mix them with white to lighten the grey for my Marshall!) so those might work as well!
Miyabi- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2013, 10:31 PM   #188
Ayame Uchiha
...got it memorized?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyabi- View Post
I talked to another Marshall cosplayer at Ohayo last year and he said he was naturally dark tan and that he used Ben Nye so maybe give that a try?

I like and use Paradise AQ myself and I'm super pale so they always look very dark on my skin tone (I always have to mix them with white to lighten the grey for my Marshall!) so those might work as well!
Hehe, thank you so much! It would be the first cosplay that I'd actually need to paint myself a different color, lol. I've heard so much about Ben Nye, but not Paradise AQ. Where do you get it?

Sakuracon, WA
Fanime, CA
Anime Expo, CA
SDCC, CA

Cosplays

Korra: Legend of Korra book 2
Armin: Attack on Titan (SnK)
Blake Belladona: RWBY
Matoi Ryuko: Kill la Kill
Aoba Seragaki: DRAMAtical Murder
Sailor Flame Princess: Sailor Moon/Adventure time crossover
Nagisa/Fem!Nagisa: Free!

Ayame Uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2013, 10:09 PM   #189
ayaasan

Well, I finally bit the bullet and bought myself a new, larger, 4-hoop-skirt and petticoat for Ice Queen--I now have an arsenal of petticoats and hoop-skirts :P. Even with the 3-hoop and two petticoats, it just wasn't "full" enough. I also want to make a bustle
Unread 02-19-2013, 04:04 AM   #190
jukebox
role models > supermodels

I've folded and I want to make myself a Princess Bubblegum at some point to go with my boyfriend's Marshall Lee. We have a few other things to worry about first but I wanna go for it!

I have an old PlayStation 2 Guitar Hero guitar that I don't use and I'm probably going to build the Axe Bass on it. It's about the right size and shape.

I also want to make myself a Peppermint Butler purse to wear with my costume. Which should be interesting because I haven't the foggiest on how to make purses.

PROFILES
GEEKPR0N | Twitter | deviantArt
jukebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2013, 04:31 PM   #191
DoodlePanda
Banana Hammocks

; u; It's finally happening. I can't avoid it any longer, I need to do an Adventure Time cosplay<3

So I'm going to do Prince Gumball.
Seeing as I am useless with a sewing machine I am in a bit of a pickle. I don't completely like how his outfit translates into a real costume, it looks awkward to me.

Do y'all think it'd be alright if I just did a different outfit, like... some form of formal wear? A button up shirt, vest, tie/bowtie slacks, etc etc... In Gumball's colors, of course. ;3
DoodlePanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2013, 03:26 PM   #192
ayaasan

Umm...Yeah...I just added Marshall Lee for an upcoming event XD (All of my Adventure Time cosplay is now from the Ice King's Fanfiction, lol)
I just finished styling the wig, and now I'm off to make the Axe Bass guitar. (It also gave me the excuse to buy some elf ears :P)
Unread 03-03-2013, 11:06 AM   #193
pocky_penguin66
Voxx

So I'm putting together a Fionna cosplay and I'm curious which skirts do you think would be better for her?

Skirt A
Skirt B

Thanks ^.^
Fionna the Human ~Adventure Time
pocky_penguin66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2013, 12:12 PM   #194
oreburgh
awkward turtle

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocky_penguin66 View Post
So I'm putting together a Fionna cosplay and I'm curious which skirts do you think would be better for her?

Skirt A
Skirt B

Thanks ^.^
Skirt B looks more like the color c:
oreburgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2013, 06:34 AM   #195
pocky_penguin66
Voxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by oreburgh View Post
Skirt B looks more like the color c:
Thanks ^.^