Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-09-2013, 01:21 AM   #16
PSY-chan
Arrogant Ignoramus

Damp washcloth works wonders as a lip exfoliant
I would practice applying foundation and concealer on prepped skin until you get the best texture. Then add contouring and highlighting. Again, Petrilude and Gossmakeupartist from YouTube are great resources for that step. Make sure to invest in some good tools and brushes first. Fingers will not cut it for crossplay makeup.
PSY-chan is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-09-2013, 10:27 AM   #17
Larcenciel
Seeking Misuzu Kamio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSY-chan View Post
Damp washcloth works wonders as a lip exfoliant
I would practice applying foundation and concealer on prepped skin until you get the best texture. Then add contouring and highlighting. Again, Petrilude and Gossmakeupartist from YouTube are great resources for that step. Make sure to invest in some good tools and brushes first. Fingers will not cut it for crossplay makeup.
Yeah, I have quite a few amount of brushes. s: I'll keep trying different tutorials as I try each day and see what works best for me. I tried with Goss before. I might check out Petrilude later today. s: I figure, tossing it up with each, I can learn the best way from each to get everything going. And blah, I have no washcloths. s:.... I think I need to shop online again very soonnn.

Cosplay 1: Sailor Venus (Commissioner failed to make 4 month deadline)
Update: August 10th.... still nothing.

Reality: Recycled or no cosplay at all. Got to love commissioning! Thanks everyone!! Serious thanks to Dulcinea, who actually made the deadline for the accessories far in advance and of outstanding quality. Sucks they won't be used.
Larcenciel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2013, 11:31 PM   #18
Larcenciel
Seeking Misuzu Kamio.

Still having trouble with eyes and lipstick seemed feisty today. I think I need a better pencil. Either way, updates:

I think my contouring is getting a lot better. Eyeliner still needs work HOWEVER, I am not twitchy with my eyes as much anymore.
http://i.imgur.com/t4UG2.jpg
*** I wouldn't even show this one since the rest of my makeup is bleh, but this one best shows my contouring.

Added a set of clip-on earrings for feel:
http://i.imgur.com/eFNbs.jpg

A bit of a more-forward shot:
http://i.imgur.com/ekkqF.jpg

Annnnnnnnd.... yes, I know, I have this bad habit of starting the eyebrows thick, but I ended thin.....ner.... >.> Also on the plus side, I am getting a wee-bit better at concealing my brows.
http://i.imgur.com/grtL1.jpg

All in all, I do think this practice most of my days off of work has been improving. Honestly I am surprised I am getting as good as I am, even if not that good. I wish the pictures would come out as good as I see when I look in the mirror. I feel like my contouring HAS improved, since I can see a facial difference far away. Going to need to shop again online for more stuff soooooooooooooon. :/

* I know I did nothing with my lashes this time. Bit by bit, step by step, one by one. :P.... Plus, it's passed midnight. s:....

Next time I look online and shop, I am thinking of getting another lip pencil, probably another canyon classics eyeshadow set, and probably some more foundation. Kind of running low. Will keep practicing though. I appreciate all the help I have been getting. You folks rock my socks.

Maybe tomorrow, I will try to practice posing. :/

Reality: Recycled or no cosplay at all. Got to love commissioning! Thanks everyone!! Serious thanks to Dulcinea, who actually made the deadline for the accessories far in advance and of outstanding quality. Sucks they won't be used.

Last edited by Larcenciel : 01-09-2013 at 11:33 PM.
Unread 01-11-2013, 01:17 PM   #19
Alice MacLeod
Lady Alice of Ardvreck

I am a MtF transgender and have found makeup is one of those things that i swear you need to be a rocket scientist to get right... and ironically I was one LOL Was a miserable one but one none the less. I managed to get the guts at Halloween to go over to a shoppers drug mart and get the cosmetician to actually show me how to do my face and what makeup is the right makeup so I don't look like a tranny or a clown that can be seen from orbit. They always wear way too much makeup if you ask me

Cosplays I have:

Alice Madness Returns:
Traditonal, Mixmatched ,Steamdress, Royal Suite, Silk Maiden

Traditional Disney Alice, Soviet Alice

Lolita:
Sweet Pink, Gothic, Gothic Aristocrat Ballgown, Blue "Alice" Ballgown

Anime:
White Album 2 Ogiso Setsuna school uniform
Alice MacLeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2013, 02:25 PM   #20
PSY-chan
Arrogant Ignoramus

Eyebrow arc looks pretty good, however, there seems to be a heavy shadow from your real eyebrows. You may need to apply pink or peach concealer before your foundation. This will also help cancel out five o clock shadow.
I also recommend lip liner, as it will keep your lipstick tidier. You've improved from the first pictures, great job on that!
Unread 01-13-2013, 03:01 PM   #21
Larcenciel
Seeking Misuzu Kamio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice MacLeod
I am a MtF transgender and have found makeup is one of those things that i swear you need to be a rocket scientist to get right... and ironically I was one LOL Was a miserable one but one none the less. I managed to get the guts at Halloween to go over to a shoppers drug mart and get the cosmetician to actually show me how to do my face and what makeup is the right makeup so I don't look like a tranny or a clown that can be seen from orbit. They always wear way too much makeup if you ask me
Jeez, I commend your guts there. I could never do that. I was with a friend last night who knows how I am and it was nice. Out of nowhere, she was like "So.... if you ever go and see someone, I have no problem accompanying you the first day.... then maybe we can go out to eat. " .... Haha, she rocks. There was a CVS nearby too. I wonder what could have happened if I asked her to go in there with me. s:.... It's sad kinda. In our group of 6, there are three males (Including me, though I am TG) and two girls. Talking all biologically here. The guys, obviously not into makeup or such. The two other girls..... pretty tomboyish, both of them... and we are her only friends. It sort of makes me feel I could be her makeup buddy..... She tells me she goes on forums all the time to ask for advice or just to talk, and no one replies to her. I hope I can exceed enough that we can be really comfortable talking makeup with eachother. ):

Quote:
Eyebrow arc looks pretty good, however, there seems to be a heavy shadow from your real eyebrows. You may need to apply pink or peach concealer before your foundation. This will also help cancel out five o clock shadow.
I also recommend lip liner, as it will keep your lipstick tidier. You've improved from the first pictures, great job on that!
Thank ya muchly. =D.... Hoping ONLY to improve. .... I got some clip on bangs I cannot wait to try out next... then on the 18th, I am getting to try out colored contacts, so yep, moving along nicely. I figure once I get this all going, I can choose a cosplay and get this show on the road. =D

Anywho, lip liner..... got it. .... and pink/peach concealer, huh? Wouldn't happen to know where I could get that in a large amount for a decent price, would ya? And yeah, eyebrows suck. :/.... My friend said I should thread them online.... I dunno if she was serious, lmao. Talking with her yesterday, she randomly brought up that she had them threaded when we were talking and walking around Boston. I tried to carry the conversation on that on but yeah.

Anywho, thanks! Couldn't have done as much as I have done without any of you.

Unread 01-13-2013, 03:14 PM   #22
PSY-chan
Arrogant Ignoramus

Depends on how much you're willing to spend Look for "correctors" as they are made to correct discoloration.
Professional brands might be your best bet, so Ben Nye, Kryolan, Graftobian, etc.
Otherwise, L'Oreal has a pinky concealer in their Tru Match line (cool shades). Bobbi Brown has correctors, too. Physician's Formula also has correctors. All I can think of...
Unread 01-13-2013, 03:19 PM   #23
Larcenciel
Seeking Misuzu Kamio.

Quote:
Depends on how much you're willing to spend Look for "correctors" as they are made to correct discoloration.
Professional brands might be your best bet, so Ben Nye, Kryolan, Graftobian, etc.
Otherwise, L'Oreal has a pinky concealer in their Tru Match line (cool shades). Bobbi Brown has correctors, too. Physician's Formula also has correctors. All I can think of...
Lol, I dunno exactly the pricepoint we are looking at here. s:.... All really depends on how good/promising it might be, how much in the container, and all that. s:.... Professional though, huh?.... Like, are those professional in costuming, or beauty in general?..... Not sure I have heard of those names. s:

Unread 01-18-2013, 11:24 PM   #24
Larcenciel
Seeking Misuzu Kamio.

Update:

I got my hands on some white eyeliner today. I hope I used it correctly. >.>.... And I got my clip-on bangs, and I gotta say, I am loving it. Dunno what I should tackle next, but pleased am I? Pleased I am.

Closeup:
http://i.imgur.com/tXEvQMU.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/qt5kKoK.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/94Cda7S.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/QbgcV80.jpg

Full Body:
http://i.imgur.com/kJzfHIa.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/dW6GSs7.jpg

Yep, still need to learn poses, and caught the lipstick malfunction too late. My lipliner also just isn't dark enough. :/ Also have green contacts in.

Either way, found a lot more pictures I wanted to keep this time than dump, lol.

Last edited by Larcenciel : 01-18-2013 at 11:27 PM.
Unread 01-19-2013, 10:23 AM   #25
ichigo_m.
Eli Ebberts

Wow!!! You're looking great!!! DD
The bangs and the white eyeliner really helped! You look fabulous!
Unread 01-19-2013, 11:36 AM   #26
Larcenciel
Seeking Misuzu Kamio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichigo_m. View Post
Wow!!! You're looking great!!! DD
The bangs and the white eyeliner really helped! You look fabulous!
Thank you! ... I'll keep trying to improve, but I really couldn't do it without any of you. ^_^

Unread 01-19-2013, 01:40 PM   #27
kyronami
Crossplayer

You're looking really good. I have one suggestion for you. You might want to make your top lip a little more full when you do your makeup.

Petrilude has a really good video on how to do it with just using makeup.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_2j6rCaXgQ

Its one of those small things that by itself a lot of people wont notice but it adds to the entire look and can separate good makeup from great makeup!

cheers
kyronami is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2013, 01:57 PM   #28
Larcenciel
Seeking Misuzu Kamio.

Much obliged. Like I said, I know, I malfunctioned on the lip and didn't notice until like the last picture. D:!

But yeah, I got to go out and get some good lip makeup. I been working more on everything else outside of the lips, and have been using what I have had lying around. One thing I really need to figure out is if I can shape my lips better. I dunno if that is possible. I'd look at the video, but at work right now, so I can't, but I can tell you, I will definitely try to use that as a future enhancement. I am kind of trying to get up the courage and such to go to the drugstore for a skintone match. Maybe today, maybe not today, we will see. I like what I have, but I want to be assured of what would match.

Unread 01-19-2013, 04:12 PM   #29
kyronami
Crossplayer

You should try Mac foundation, its worth the price!
kyronami is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2013, 04:21 PM   #30
Larcenciel
Seeking Misuzu Kamio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyronami View Post
You should try Mac foundation, its worth the price!
Would it help that "cakey" look it is giving me? s:..... I mean, if it's worth the price, it's best to know. s:....

I dunno, I will check out MAC's website later, and if I feel okay with them and price, then I will consider it after getting a skin match. Thanks. I have heard nothing but good about MAC other than.....gulp..... price. .-.;