Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-19-2013, 05:38 PM   #31
kyronami
Crossplayer

Mac foundation is some of the best Ive tried, I use ALL mac products for everything. The end result is very much worth it. Theres a huge difference in professional products like Mac, Nyx, Ben Nye, etc compared to drugstore types like covergirl and those type of brands.

Whether you are trans or just doing drag or crossplay, guys/trans girls need to use different makeup then most genetic girls. Your skin is just different, women can wear light foundation and just walk out the door. We have to do more visible contouring, and use better coverage foundation to conceal things like beard shadow and flaws in your skin.

They are also very LGBT friendly and will match you with no questions. They even sponsored a season of RuPauls drag race.

They will even do Mac makeovers on guys to show them how to look like a girl. They will help you with contouring etc. As far as I know the makeovers are free if you purchase $50 or more of makeup.

Last edited by kyronami : 01-19-2013 at 05:42 PM.
kyronami is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-19-2013, 06:05 PM   #32
Sayoria
Seeking Misuzu Kamio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyronami View Post
Mac foundation is some of the best Ive tried, I use ALL mac products for everything. The end result is very much worth it. Theres a huge difference in professional products like Mac, Nyx, Ben Nye, etc compared to drugstore types like covergirl and those type of brands.

Whether you are trans or just doing drag or crossplay, guys/trans girls need to use different makeup then most genetic girls. Your skin is just different, women can wear light foundation and just walk out the door. We have to do more visible contouring, and use better coverage foundation to conceal things like beard shadow and flaws in your skin.

They are also very LGBT friendly and will match you with no questions. They even sponsored a season of RuPauls drag race.

They will even do Mac makeovers on guys to show them how to look like a girl. They will help you with contouring etc. As far as I know the makeovers are free if you purchase $50 or more of makeup.
Geez, that sounds awesome..... but that also sounds like you need to go to a store for that, however, I don't have any around me I think if MAC does have stores. MAYBE there is some in Boston.... but I kinda doubt it. Sounds tempting if they are really that open with us. s:

Cosplay 1: Sailor Venus (Commissioner failed to make 4 month deadline)
Update: August 10th.... still nothing.

Reality: Recycled or no cosplay at all. Got to love commissioning! Thanks everyone!! Serious thanks to Dulcinea, who actually made the deadline for the accessories far in advance and of outstanding quality. Sucks they won't be used.
Sayoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2013, 06:12 PM   #33
kyronami
Crossplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larcenciel View Post
Geez, that sounds awesome..... but that also sounds like you need to go to a store for that, however, I don't have any around me I think if MAC does have stores. MAYBE there is some in Boston.... but I kinda doubt it. Sounds tempting if they are really that open with us. s:
I dont have a Mac pro-store near me either, I go to the mac store thats in my local mall inside one of the department stores
Unread 01-19-2013, 07:20 PM   #34
PSY-chan
Arrogant Ignoramus

Doing a quick Google search, there's a MAC store in East Cambridge and Back Bay. If you can get to a mall, there's probably one there as well. Macy's usually sells MAC.

Also, check to see if you live near a Sephora or Ulta. They both allow customers to try makeup before buying it.
PSY-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2013, 07:32 PM   #35
Sayoria
Seeking Misuzu Kamio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSY-chan View Post
Doing a quick Google search, there's a MAC store in East Cambridge and Back Bay. If you can get to a mall, there's probably one there as well. Macy's usually sells MAC.

Also, check to see if you live near a Sephora or Ulta. They both allow customers to try makeup before buying it.
Yeah, I just checked their website as I finished up at work. Didn't actually think there was any near there. Whenever I go into Boston, Back Bay is one of my areas. Heck, I work in Transportation, and Back Bay is one of my stops. Never saw that store. s: We DO have a Macys at the local Mall though, but I never went. Well, lot really "Local" but the closest mall.

Sephora, I only know of the one in Back Bay inside the Prudential Center. Ulta, not at all. Kinda think I would feel a bit awkward in those places though. s:

Quote:
I dont have a Mac pro-store near me either, I go to the mac store thats in my local mall inside one of the department stores
....Never knew they had pro-stores like that. O.o....

Reality: Recycled or no cosplay at all. Got to love commissioning! Thanks everyone!! Serious thanks to Dulcinea, who actually made the deadline for the accessories far in advance and of outstanding quality. Sucks they won't be used.
Unread 01-19-2013, 07:44 PM   #36
kyronami
Crossplayer

Yeah there's big mac stand alone stores, i really want to go to one. The closest is 2 hours away.

If you go to macs website http://www.maccosmetics.com they have a live chat where you can ask makeup artists questions about products they could recommend for you to
Unread 01-19-2013, 07:51 PM   #37
Sayoria
Seeking Misuzu Kamio.

Quote:
Yeah there's big mac stand alone stores, i really want to go to one. The closest is 2 hours away.

If you go to macs website http://www.maccosmetics.com they have a live chat where you can ask makeup artists questions about products they could recommend for you to
I'll have to consider that once I get my skin tone figured out for sure. If I am going to pay the money for a high-end product, I really want to be correct in this. s: Thanks!

Unread 01-19-2013, 08:03 PM   #38
PSY-chan
Arrogant Ignoramus

MAC is more LGBT friendly. And don't feel scared about asking professionals. They should be more open-minded to unusual makeup questions.
Unread 01-19-2013, 08:45 PM   #39
Sayoria
Seeking Misuzu Kamio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSY-chan View Post
MAC is more LGBT friendly. And don't feel scared about asking professionals. They should be more open-minded to unusual makeup questions.
See, yeah, I'd be all over that a bit more if there was one a bit closer. I mean, yeah, Boston, howeeeeeeeeeever I don't commute into Boston too too often. I actually live like 30 minutes south of Boston, and I cannot drive at this moment for reasons beyond my control. Not enough days off either. s:.... I am going to check though. I will see what is near, if any. If they are LGBT friendly, that's great. If there really is a 50 dollar thing and a free makeover or whatever there-with, maybe I should get my friend to accompany me. She said something about having some interest in a MAC brush or something like that.

Unread 01-24-2013, 05:00 PM   #40
Sayoria
Seeking Misuzu Kamio.

Well, I got alot of goodies today to try out. I will be doing so after supper tonight. What I got was:
- A 5X magnifying mirror by Conair
- Queen Helene Invigorating Apricot Natural Facial Scrub
- L'Oreal Paris "Tickled pink" lipstick
- L'Oreal Paris "All about pink" lipliner
- L'Oreal Paris True Match Super Blendables Crayon Concealer in Light-Medium
- ELF Makeup and Mist set
- ELF Twinkle Pink Blush
- Wet n Wild eyeliner (in Black x2, White x1, Bronze x1, and Amethyst x1)
- NYC eyeliner (In Dark Brown)
- NYC Showtime waterproof volumizing mascara
- NYC Cover Stick (Thought this was one of those things that cover your lips into a skin tone. D
- Maybelline "Baby Lips" lip balm (In pink punch....yum!)
- Sonia Kashuk Double Ended Brush Set
- Sonia Kashuk Radiant Tinted Moisturizer in Linen
- Neutrogena Healthy Skin Compact Makeup SPF55 in Buff

Homework is done. How time for makeup work.

*Slowclaps*

Unread 01-24-2013, 08:44 PM   #41
PSY-chan
Arrogant Ignoramus

*Wolf whistles*
Nice job! Have fun experimenting!
Unread 01-24-2013, 10:29 PM   #42
Sayoria
Seeking Misuzu Kamio.

Thanks. Will have to give them a go tomorrow. I definitely hit a match on the Neutrogena buff color I think. I screwed up tonight so no updates today. ):.... Hopefully all will go well tomorrow, and new pics then!....

Unread 01-24-2013, 11:13 PM   #43
kyronami
Crossplayer

Seems like a good haul! I went makeup shopping to tryin to get stuff for my mad moxxi crossplay lol
Unread 01-24-2013, 11:19 PM   #44
Sayoria
Seeking Misuzu Kamio.

I only know Mad Moxxi is BL2 because of my friends being obsessed with BL. .... So I have no idea what MM looks like exactly. D:.....

And yeah, it is. Just happy I found a skin match, even though it happens to be only in compact. x:

Unread 01-24-2013, 11:45 PM   #45
kyronami
Crossplayer

http://i49.tinypic.com/29gl6k8.png