Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Anime North

Unread 01-19-2013, 12:25 AM   #1
AJ the Collector
Collector

Anime North dreams and nightmares 2013

Well, I just had my first "Anime North taking place at a weird location that no one questions and lots of crazy shit goes down" dream, so I feel it's time to start this thread up. Post any dreams you have, good or bad, that are related to AN!
FanFare Geek Fest 2
FrostCon 2015

Cosplay Projects for 2014/2015:
Equius Zahhak - Standard {98%} for Homestuck Halloween Picnic and FanFare Geek Fest 2
Totakeke {90%} for AN15
L {75%} for AN15
The Signless {50%} for FrostCon 2015
Sable Able {50%} for CB15
Penelope Mouse - Sly 3 design {25%}

Soap may be a four-letter word, but use it anyway.
AJ the Collector is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-19-2013, 08:44 AM   #2
Rei-Azalia

Its all I dream about in May. Last year I dreamed some people attacked me and destroyed my costume after a bad run in with my sewing machine that morning.
Rei-Azalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2013, 11:19 AM   #3
Rainbowgasm
fruity goodness!

I haven't had an AN nightmare or dream yet, but around this time of year I start having dreams of things that would ruin the con and people's lives basically... like girls in my group getting pregnant even though they aren't with anyone/are lesbian or with another girl, and since they are all teenagers that is HORRIBLE and would spell the end of their cosplay lives for sure and cause a lot more other problems...
I haven't had any nightmares based off the costumes yet, as I'm 100% done one of my own, 80% done one of my others and 75% done the other, so I just have to finish up those and then do 2 costumes for friends... I should be done by mid-end of March easy as far as costumes go, props not as much but I'm not too worried about it at this moment...
Battler Ushiromiya from Umineko no Naku Koro Ni
Rainbowgasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2013, 04:37 PM   #4
redstars
queen of dolls

I had a dream last year before AN, that my group went to check in but were too early so instead we went swimming... for 6 hours. Completely missed the check in time, our room got cancelled and it was a mess. xD

I've also had dreams that the con was held at some building you found by following a gravel path, and that all the hotel rooms were like "model rooms" you see in a store like Ikea, with everything wide open (2 walls, no ceiling... it was weird. xD)

I pretty much have dreams about something going wrong every year, I'm excited to see when they start this year and what my brain can think of while I'm asleep. xD
redstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2013, 12:18 PM   #5
ImNotThatDrunk
Doing it Off the Rack

I always have dreams about Anime North being my backyard, and even though its in my back yard, I'm always inside - scared that I'm going to be late. It's fun times lol.
Unread 02-18-2013, 08:42 PM   #6
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

I had a dream that it was March 1st and I got an email that all the locations for photoshoots had to be changed again.... but i'd already made my post!

.. then when I got to the con nothing was printed out that I submitted.

I've never had a dream about Anime North until now. I think all the stress of school is getting to me!

Anime North Reddit Community
DireKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2013, 08:50 PM   #7
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

I alllllways have weird-as-hell dreams that center around AN. So far just one this year and it was quite a while back; AN was suddenly NEXT WEEK and I had NO cosplays ready, and I couldn't seem to find anything in my closet. Then I suddenly show up and realize I packed NO full cosplays, and not even any geeky clothes and was wondering if I could quickly run somewhere in TO to get a suitable outfit.
....yeah, that's never happening. I pack well ahead of time and triple-check my checklists. And always manage to get things done on or ahead of time (AND if some disaster happened I have backup costumes at both my place and my Mom's house).
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2013, 08:27 AM   #8
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

NOW I had one. Evidently the DT gave me a room on the 88th floor, which took me to a second hotel where it wouldn't work, and I was trying to sort out the fiasco. Ick.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2013, 04:21 PM   #9
miyatree
chocobo hunter extreme.

I had a nightmare the other night. I usually don't about Anime North so this is actually the first time it's ever happened to me. We got to the hotel and I only had bits and pieces of both my cosplays with me, as well as very little of my boyfriend's. Complete panic attack. And I only had one change of clothes so I had to wear the same thing for four days. D: I'll be so happy when all of our cosplays are done and I can stop worrying about being ready. D:
Anime North 2014: Hanji Zoe (Attack on Titan)

warfiend
Anime North 2014: Masrur (Magi)
Anime North 2014: Rivaille (Attack on Titan)
miyatree is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2013, 02:30 PM   #10
GraveTheUndead
The Flame of Daybreak

I usually get nightmares about going and forgetting my cosplay. Or worse, forgetting my camera or money. But that's far away from the con, usually before the con I get no sleep! AHAHA......Excitement. Even excited right now for AN
POSSIBLY:
Chaud Blaze (Mega Man Battle Network)
Robert Edward O. Speedwagon (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure)
GraveTheUndead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2013, 02:38 PM   #11
mewcookie

I had a bizarre dream about AN a couple of months ago...first of all, it was relocated to my high school, which is a nightmare in itself. Then they apparently introduced some kind of "competence test" that you had to pass in order to purchase/pick up your ticket in which you had to ice a cupcake. For some reason I was unable to ice the cupcake and they wouldn't let me in...yeah I don't even know.
agnès oblige - bravely default

upcoming cons
anime north 2014
conbravo 2014
mewcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2013, 03:07 PM   #12
Rhapsados
IRL Ibuki Mioda

I always have nightmares that I'll be the only person to show up in cosplay and everyone will stare at me weirdly.

Future Cosplays
Sakura Kinomoto (Cardcaptor Sakura)
Akali (League of Legends)
Rhapsados is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2013, 03:35 PM   #13
SuperBee
Jill of all trades

I'm at the stage of "what will this cosplay look like". Yes it usually is a dream.... it's usually is a good idea that comes out of the blue. Which happened last night and I want to put it into action because it's genius!

Giant Diglett will return!

Possible Future Cosplays:
-Zapdos Original design (humanoid)
-Unown Original design (humanoid)
-Giant Gastly
-Marika Kato - Pirate Captain
SuperBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2013, 09:57 PM   #14
daws0nl0ver
It is I

i had this dream where my friends and I forgot about AN and we were in our hotel in cosplay watching TV, and on the last day of AN we remembered but by then it was over

Patchouli Knowledge
Asuka Langley Soryu
Ib

Future Cosplays
Madotsuki, Aya Drevis, Eilonwy, Maka Albarn
daws0nl0ver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2013, 03:27 PM   #15
harudae
TOKUSENTAI

I've never had AN related nightmares before until now. :'D One was that it was already a week before AN and all the things my boyfriend and I ordered (wigs, worbla, etc.) never came in and we couldn't do anything. :c
Second was that we forgot when AN was and all our friends came to our house in cosplay waiting to leave for the con while we had nothing finished/packed and went to the con without anything and we're really disappointed.
Yamuraiha - Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic
Maybe? Aoi Asahina - Dangan Ronpa
harudae is offline   Reply With Quote