Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 12-05-2012, 05:39 AM   #46
selenebeaupre

I remember standing at the bus stop in cosplay when I suddenly hear a small voice yelling: ooh, IT'S YUGI!!
I turned around and saw a little boy standing there staring at me as if his dream just came true. His mother also turned around to see me, looking at me as if I were insane and quickly grabbed his arm and demanded him to follow her. The child was struggling to get out of her grasp saying "But mommy, that's Yugi from Yu-gi-oh!!"

She managed to take him with her, but he seemed sad so when he turned around to glance at me I gave him a big smile and waved at him. He was instantly smiling again and waved back. Really gave me the feeling I made his day.

The same day lots of other children came up to me, some were so young I was actually surprised they even knew my character But the look most children give you when they see you dressed as a character they like is just so adorable ^^
my cosplays: Little sister (Bioshock 2) / Saya Takagi (HOTD) / Yami Yugi (Yu-Gi-Oh!) / Shiro (Deadman Wonderland) /Pharaoh Atem (Yu-Gi-Oh!) /Wretched egg- anime version (Deadman Wonderland) /Wretched egg- manga version (Deadman Wonderland)

next project: Dark Magician Girl (Yu-Gi-Oh!) / Ultimate Madoka (Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica)
selenebeaupre is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-05-2012, 05:54 PM   #47
Suican
Cosplay Speedrunner

So at Katsucon 2012, I was offered an interview by a guy called Tom from ExtremeCostumes. The surprising thing was that he had apparently been looking for us all throughout Friday. It was only at night when I was wearing our ODST that he managed to find us out of sheer coincidence. We were on the escalator, heading back to our room when we see him in front of us with a helmet to one of his robots. He then asks "Hey, are you the ones that had the ODST earlier in the day?". We both relied with a reluctant "Yes". It was at that point that he mentioned he had been looking for us all throughout the convention hearing about our supposed costume and wanted to get the chance to interview us sometime tomorrow. We both gladly accepted the offer but told him that we will bring out our Master Chief since that costume is more famous. So it was I guess the start to a big Saturday.

The next day, we begin our normal trek without Master Chief. The usual things happen and things seem like it was going to be just another day. We then spotted Tom again, but this time he had the entire robot costume on. We then took a few minutes to speak with him about the interview. He told us all the info about the time and location. It sure got us excited!

Later the evening, We were getting ready to get suited up for our interview. It was being held in the registration room. Even though the room was off limits, we SOMEHOW managed to get off lucky. Not only that, but he was really professional about it. Overall, the interview itself was very nice to do. (Although, we have yet to get the actual video of the interview.)

So after the interview, we were on our merry way back into action. Suddenly, We see that a dance circle that formed while we were inside. We were then asked to dance inside the circle while I was still in my armor. Of course I took this chance to go crazy after what I had to go through. I was then challenged to dance off against Jesus. This was a one in a life time chance for me, so I quickly jumped back in the circle and went off against Jesus. It was pretty much the best moment in the convention and made my weekend.

So now, I am able to say that:
http://i50.tinypic.com/295ff2a.jpg

Suican is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2012, 02:49 PM   #48
Kaijugal
☆FibreFantasyArtist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jukebox View Post
Seriously, I am LOVING all the happy memories and experiences that people are attributing to Anime North and FanExpo. Canadian pride!!
for "Canadian Pride!"

Positive con memories:

Getting a standing ovation at the Anime North 1999 masquerade.

Meeting the original Godzilla suit actor.

All the friends I've made over the years.

My first, and every Costume-Con since the first. <~ <3

The International Costuming Convention is coming to Toronto Canada!
4 Days! 4 Masquerades! Dealers, Tours, Parties, Costuming Panels, Contests, Classes and Events. Costumes, Cosplay, Props, Doll Show & Competitons, Steampunk, Sci-fi, Fantasy, Big Fricken Trophies and so much more!
Get your membership today!
www.costumecon32.com

Last edited by Kaijugal : 12-17-2012 at 02:51 PM. Reason: markup
Kaijugal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2012, 01:22 PM   #49
ChillyCircle

One time at ACen, I was really mad at my friends because they were being buttheads. Anywho, I was sitting off by myself because I didn't want to sit by them. On two separate occasions, two people came up to me to make sure I was okay, because I was crying because I was so mad. It made me feel better because they didn't need to pay me any mind, and they did.

That's my favorite memory ^.^
ChillyCircle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2012, 06:05 PM   #50
Ilafatyu
That guy

Not really my awesome memory, but a friend's memory who I was present for. At the last convention we went to, she was dressed as butler!Grell, so when she found herself a Madame Red and red!Grell, hilarity ensued. It wasn't long before more Grells were gathered up, Katamari-style. There must have been five by the time it was over...

facebook // tumblr
Want to help create a US anime convention map?
PM me your local conventions to add to the map

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Soren (Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn) - 0%
Ilafatyu is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2012, 07:01 PM   #51
chibierwin
Tall Little Freak

Not a big moment, but a really nice one! I was at Anime USA 2011 and my friend and I were dressed as Wy and Seychelles from Hetalia respectively. After we attended the Hetalia photo shoot on Saturday, we went to shop in the Dealer's room and ended up being late to the Hetalia Panel. Of course we were to awkward to go in, but we met another Seychelles who was late to the panel too. We ended up talking and went to buy ice cream from the hotel store. We all ate together and talked and it was super nice! I love people <3
In Progress: Syaoran: Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles/ Yusuke Urameshi (Dark Tournament): Yu Yu Hakusho/ Yoh (Revamp): Shaman King/ Jenos Hazard: Black Cat/ Teito Klein (Mourning Robes): 07-Ghost/ Kaito Sinbad: KKJ
chibierwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2012, 10:31 AM   #52
seiryuux
Cosplay Chameleon

Fan Expo Canada 2012:
- Anything John Barrowman related. He is not only a great actor, he is a funny person as well. During his Q&A, he related a couple of stories: 1) he got a lap dance and an unexpected surprise when he returned to his hotel room, and 2) his very interesting cab ride there. He also self-admitted that he botched a Phantom of the Opera song. And of course, this pic.
- At the end of Saturday's Doctor Who photoshoot, one of the Dalek cosplays decided to blast the group with his air cannon. I, cosplaying as Captain Jack Harkness, decided to go with the whole death and rebirth routine. However, when I did the rebirth part, I scared the crap out of a Martha Jones cosplayer, who was about to reenact one of the first scenes on the series 3 episode, Utopia.
- Just meeting a lot of Persona and Shin Megami Tensei cosplayers throughout the con in general. I wasn't really expecting it since Fan Expo caters more to the comic and sci-fi crowd than the gamer one, and Persona, while popular, is still a niche game.

Facebook
Fanfiction.net - Persona 3 Portable: Where No Persona Has Gone Before
seiryuux is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2012, 11:57 AM   #53
Blood_Sword
Fabulous Boyfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dx7879 View Post
Went to a smaller con called Kollision Con this past weekend. The looks and laughs from people while doing the Gangnam Style elevator scene XD All those unsuspecting people when the doors open!!!!!
Full of win. XD

*~In progress~*
Masamune Date - Sengoku Basara
Team Aqua Grunt (male) - Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire Version

*~Next con I'm attending~*
FIN Kemin mangapäivä (11 October 2014)
SAT Taregard Frir - Original Character
Blood_Sword is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2013, 05:31 AM   #54
KennyCiel
Tiny cosplayer

My favorite con memories...
My first con was AnimeFest 2012, I was so nervous since I didn't have any friends with me and was just all over-whelmed by first con feels. A very lovely Lizzie and her Ciel (Kuroshitsuji/Black Butler) came up to me and invited me to join since I too was cosplaying from the same fandom. We managed to bring find a nice Grell to join us.
But, my favorite part of the con- We walked over to the mall and Lizzie taught us all how to waltz. While we waltzed in the middle of the mall, I heard some, what sounded like middle aged, women talking about how pretty our clothes were and how nice our dancing was-Even though me and Grell were quite clumsy at it.
My second pleasant con memory was at Izumicon 2012. It was maybe midnight, possibly earlier or even later. I was sitting outside cooling off and I ended up talking to a girl I had met earlier, by then we had both pretty much stripped out of our cosplays though. We talked with this nice couple for awhile and watched a drunk guy just be utterly adorable until a guy in this booming voice starts walking around saying he has a truly disturbing story, and that he bets most of us could only stand to listen for a few minutes. Of course, we went over and listened. We ended up spending the next few hours practically cuddling and listening to this guy tell morbidly funny, rather lewd stories and just laughing and having a great time.
Wendy Marvell-Fairy Tail
KennyCiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2013, 07:35 AM   #55
Larcenciel
Seeking Misuzu Kamio.

I make one nearly every year.... if not, two.

I am a MtF crossplayer, so now that that is out of the way, here we go.

One time at Anime Boston *2008 I think*, my friends were in Dunkin Donuts outside of the Hynes. I was dressed as Chii *And a bad one at that* and an elderly lady walked up to me and said "I love your dress. " I said thank you, and we started talking a bit. She asked me if I knew who everyone was cosplaying as, and I told her each one I knew. She then told me she always came by every year to watch the costumes because it fascinated her. The whole moment was very touching for me. I haven't seen her in a few years though. Then again, I wouldn't honestly remember her by face, I am terrible like that. :/

Otakon 2012 had a few events. I was dressed as Cardcaptor Sakura. One that gets me is when I was leaving the Masquerade Saturday, we were outside the convention center, and a non-con-goer ran up to me and said "Are you a guy?!" I said yeah, and she asked for a picture. When I posed, she said "Say 'I'm a naughty boy!'".... My friends and I joked about that all night long..... heck all week.

Otakon 2012 again, I was up in a lobby Friday night and a Char Aznable who was very..... engaging for a lack of a better word, came up to me, asked if I was a guy, and I said yeah. He said "Oh, we need to get a picture!" The girl with him got the picture of me and him together. He was alot taller than me, so I guess it kinda filled the illusion I was small, funny enough. *5'8*... anywho, they were about to go away, and then he scouts out a Pedobear, and he is like OH! We are getting our pictures taken with the Pedobear!".... Then he grabbed my wrist and tugged me along to get the pictures done. It was amusing as all hell.

Anime Boston 2005, my friend and I were walking down the hallway, and a guy that looked like Santa *not dressed as, just the beard and glasses* came out of a panel room, opened up the con chowda paper, and asked us *We were like 16 or 17* "Do you know if this Hentai has a sequel or not?"..... We said "Uhh.... we don't know, sorry"..... then we laughed it off and walked away. Well, laughed after we were away.

Anime Boston 2012, I was in the Family Feud gameshow as Sakura here as well. I got chosen for a team. When it was my turn to answer a question, I said "Uhh... " in the mic thinking, and the host lady was like "Wait, you're a guy?!".... the audience laughed, and all gameshow long, she called me "Secret surprise"... Dear God, it was funny. Our team ended up winning too.

Anime Boston 2011, my friends and I were playing Pictionary Thursday night in the Hotel. We were on the last square, me and this girl, and she had to draw "Helmet".... Well, I was looking at it like a UFO or something, and before the timer ran out... about 75% full still, she was like "If you don't get this, I am going to kick your ass." I was like.... Oh boy.... I never got it, so I got up, and ran into the bathroom and locked the door. All of a sudden, I hear a door slam. I open the bathroom door, and ask my other friends "Did she just run out into the hall?"..... they laughed saying yeah. She came back after I relocated myself behind the recliner and said "Damn, he runs fast!"

Anime Boston 2011 again, Sunday on the third floor, I started singing "I touch myself" outloud. Same girl above joined in on me when I was saying "When I think ABOUT YOU".... I then stopped and she yelled out without me "I touch myself!".... a guy nearby was like "I am glad to hear you touch yourself when you think about me!".... Laughed my ass off.

Anime Boston .....2007 I think?... Maybe 8 or 9.... same girl again, she was dressed as Lust from FMA. We were walking to the Train Station, and she crossed a crosswalk far ahead of us. We had to wait and she was alone on the other side of the street. A guy walked up to her and started talking, and we all were like "....What's that guy talking to her about...?"..... We cross the street, and she comes over and whispers to us "He asked if I was a prostitute!".... God, that made that night for us.

Anime Boston 2006, late Saturday night, there was a guy crossplaying Lulu from FFX outside smoking, and as we passed him, he was like "Be careful out here at night, there's some strange people".... back then, the expression on his face and the fact he was dressed as Lulu when saying that was amusing as hell.

Cosplay 1: Sailor Venus (Commissioner failed to make 4 month deadline)
Update: August 10th.... still nothing.

Reality: Recycled or no cosplay at all. Got to love commissioning! Thanks everyone!! Serious thanks to Dulcinea, who actually made the deadline for the accessories far in advance and of outstanding quality. Sucks they won't be used.
Larcenciel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2013, 02:08 PM   #56
Ilafatyu
That guy

My first convention was my best one, by far. It was a little con called AAC, Another Anime Convention, and it was held in a hotel that looked like a castle. srsly. At this little convention, there was...

A mattress in an elevator (we promptly had an 'orgy' by jumping on it as the elevator went up'
People in rollerblades (no idea how they navigated the halls)
A drunken Sasuke (who hit on me before he realized...things)
A giant mass of tangled up glowsticks (given as a prize for trying to untangle them)
An awesome Edward Elric (who was sort of my first kiss...?)
An attempt to eat ramen with coffee stirrers and ice tongs
Mochi mochi mochi mochi
Finding myself in a hentai room before I knew what the word meant (don't know how I got in at 15 years old)
DDR with Vincent and Inuyasha (Vincent pwned all)
Cute little Honey who was collecting autographs and giving flowers
Getting completely lost and finding Waldo

Among a hundred other things. Maybe I'll expand on some of these later, especially the elevator story and Ed.

facebook // tumblr
Want to help create a US anime convention map?
PM me your local conventions to add to the map

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Soren (Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn) - 0%
Ilafatyu is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2013, 07:40 PM   #57
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

Hm..just to list some in a fairly random order:

-First convention, getting asked by a ton of people for pictures and to 'fight' them as Roxas even though it was painfully obvious I was a newbie
-Filming a cheesy slow-motion-run scene for two people who later became my best convention friends for a while
-Having my own mini birthday party at Seishun Con has become somewhat of a really cool tradition for me, since it's always in my birth month and I have amazing friends.
-Meeting my cosplay idols at AWA 2011, and getting to act in character and have a hug with one of them XD
-Getting hugged by whom I only dubbed male!Grell before I knew his name; a really awesome male Grell cosplayer who is always perfectly in character and who I always looked up to ^D^
-Going to a mall nearby after a convention and seeing a little kid call our Sebastian (Kuroshitsuji) "Michael Jackson!!" Keep in mind, this was shortly after he died. We were just going..oh no poor kid will be so confused. xD

And Atlanta Anime Day Spring and Fall last year were my two favorite cons to date, just some memories from them;
-Finding an Alois I met in the maid cafe crying later afterwards and sitting with her to make sure she feels better; then getting told later during the photoshoot we had "Thank you So much, I don't know what I would've done if you hadn't stayed with me." It was probably the most touching thing to happen at a convention so far since it was so random and honest, cheesy as it sounds.
-After the above, learning Kpop dances with the same Alois.
-Hanging out at Waffle House and randomly becoming the social butterfly of the group, meeting an awesome photog in the process
-Literally getting hugged by a train of people as soon as I walked in the door.
-Getting called cute for the first time at a con was really flattering
-Being there to witness the largest hamburger ordered at the Waffle House near the con center, omfg.
-Having a newer cosplayer who looked really frightened and disoriented just spot me, walk up to me, and tell me I was a really good cosplayer just made me implode with happiness; it wasn't even a cosplay I really planned out but to be recognized by a newer girl made me so happy. I regret that I was desperately looking for a friend and couldn't talk to her more.
-Getting to hang out in the Maid Cafe once it was over and play Werewolf with some gorgeous (and, as I learned afterwards, well known) cosplayers and photogs at AAD was the best memories of that con, man.
-EVERYONE at AAD has a been a good memory. Seriously, those cons are the best, I don't want them to ever change~

There aren't any moments that have stood out to me as being the awesome moments of a convention, BUT those are some really general ones. Maybe there'll be more specifics in the future xD
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2013, 09:33 PM   #58
carma_bee

fan expo 2012 was really awesome for me as a whole. i met a bunch of really cool people in the line up to get tickets for the early doctor who premiere screening, and of course seeing doctor who early was pretty awesome too. someone in an eleventh doctor costume saw me in my eleventh doctor costume and he got super excited, that was great. also being able to meet john barrowman of course

2014 Plans
S7B Eleventh Doctor 90% done
Alison Hendrix (Orphan Black) 100% done!!
Winter Soldier 85% Done

Fan Expo 2014
Thurs: Alison Hendrix
Fri: Clara Oswald
Sat: 7B Eleven
Sun: Winter Soldier
carma_bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2013, 01:20 AM   #59
seiryuux
Cosplay Chameleon

Anime North 2012 Halloween Event
- Very small con and while suitable, the music wasn't that great to me. Most notable thing, it was the first time I ever got some version of a GLOMP. In this case, it was more like a group of light hugs and the girls had asked first.

Toronto Cosplay Skate End of 2012
Lots of cosplayers, including people I'm acquainted with. There was a really good Iron Man cosplayer painted in the colours of the Toronto Maple Leafs. Main notable thing was that I had posted on Facebook an hour after skating that I was having fun and hadn't fallen on my ass yet. Two hours later, I fell on my ass and my Souji/Yu wig fell off just from standing on the ice talking to a Phoenix Wright and an Izanagi about the Persona series.

Facebook
Fanfiction.net - Persona 3 Portable: Where No Persona Has Gone Before
seiryuux is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2013, 09:06 PM   #60
rajamitsu

Ohayocon this weekend, I spent one morning as MakubeX for a small impromptu GetBackers meetup (which sadly fell through). My husband and I had time to kill, so we hit up a Doctor Who panel. He's usually my Ginji, which is the only time I really get recognized, but he forgot to pack his shorts for the costume and I was going solo. We were waiting for the panel to start and a Harry Potter cosplayer comes up, recognizes the costume, says how much she likes him, and gives me a hug. Made my con. :3 I love it when my obscure ones get some love.
rajamitsu is offline   Reply With Quote