Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Assassin's Creed

Unread 10-05-2012, 08:15 PM   #1
Kame

Ezio Brotherhood Cosplay - Going for 100% Accuracy

After spending the last year perfecting my mockup and having to put it aside for school, I'm finally making progress on the finalized version.

Let's start off with a reference photo.

Here is what I have so far. I forgot to take a picture of the front leg flaps, but I'll post those soon.

The outfit is made out of snow white leather. The leg flaps are red suede leather.

I used contact cement to glue the leather strips on these leg flaps.

The only thing I need to do for the sleeves is to sew on binding and ruffles, the latter of which I will probably use linen or cotton for.

Last edited by Kame : 10-05-2012 at 08:20 PM.
Kame is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-13-2012, 10:02 PM   #2
vonviolet

This is coming along AMAZINGLY! I don't think I've ever seen a Brotherhood Ezio made with real dear skins! I can't wait to see this all together, it's going to looks awesome considering you're taking your time with the details too. Keep us updated!

If I may ask, what are your plans for the shirt with the frills? Will you be using leather, cotton, other materials, or a combo by chance?
vonviolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2012, 04:53 PM   #3
Kame

Thanks!

I've made most of the undershirt to connect the sleeves to. That's made out of leather too. I bought silky solid fabric for the frilly cuffs on the sleeves. I'm not sure what to use for the frills in the collar yet. I saw some fabric in Jo-Anne Fabrics' wedding section that looked exactly like as the frills in this picture:

http://imageshack.us/a/img32/5949/acbezioref001copy.jpg

However, I really like how they look in this picture, though I'm not sure what kind of material was used. Wool maybe? What do you think it's made of?

http://imageshack.us/a/img835/7136/acbezioref004.jpg

As for an update on the project, I've run out of sheepskin for the hood and most of the rest of the outfit. It took up a lot more hides than I thought it would. I plan on getting more leather as soon as I can, but I don't want to splurge on that yet as I'm planning on getting the pauldron made for me before that.

In the mean time, I'm going to make the inner hood out deerskin leather. Next, I'll use my sheepskin scraps to make as much of the jerkin as I can.

Last edited by Kame : 10-15-2012 at 04:57 PM.
Unread 10-16-2012, 10:44 PM   #4
vonviolet

Mm... the fabric definitly looks weighty (or it could be 2 pieces of thinner fabric with interfacing) in the first pic. I'd use a fabric similar to the cuffs. It'll save a little money if you already have it and it brings those frilly elements together. Ezio IS a frilly frou-frou renaissance assassin after all. XD

If you want to use a different silky fabric, have you looked into brocade? It might be hard to find white/silver, but this is pretty close: http://www.joann.com/brocade-fabric-...y-/xprd757807/

If you want a cotton/blend with a design on it I've had better luck looking in the upholstery fabric section believe it or not!

For the second pic, it's hard to tell what material it is. It could be a plain silk-like material (satin or charmeuse) or it could be cotton. If you're worried about roasting in the leather, a natural fiber like cotton tends to breathe and release heat better than synthetic fibers like polyester or nylon. I personally would prefer the cotton because it's easier to care for and for reasons above. Silk like fabric tends to be picky and harder to work with.

Because there are so many renders of Ezio, pick what you like most or fits better!

Just thinking, you've probably already looked into this but Ezio's collar ruffle bears a similar resemblance to an elizabethan ruffle collar. Here's are a few brief tutorials I found:
http://www.wyrdrune.com/Costume/inde...dex.html~right
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zr_RNUR5PH8
http://www.elizabethancostume.net/ruffmake.html

Do you go to Tandy Leather by chance? 50% coupons are available black Friday. It'll only be 25%-ish off any leather (if I remember correctly), but it's better than full price! You can only use 1 coupon per visit, so print multiple out!

If you're struggling with the hood I might have something that can help you. If you're interested shoot me a PM! I look forward to your updates!

Last edited by vonviolet : 10-17-2012 at 10:23 AM.
vonviolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2012, 04:21 PM   #5
Kame

I think you're right about it being two pieces sewn together. That first link is what I saw at Joann Fabrics. I'm torn between that and a silky or cottony look.

I've been on Tandy's website. They don't seem to have any white sheepskin, at least not right now. They have deerskin, but I'm worried the texture will look different. I totally forgot about Black Friday though! I bet other websites will be selling it cheap too.

As for the hood, I struggled mainly with the sizing over the past year, but I finally perfected the shape, size, and getting the inner hood to lay flat against the outer hood so I'm good to go there.

I'll post a picture of my mockup if I can find a picture of it.

Thanks for all the advice and the tutorials. I really appreciate all the help!
Unread 10-30-2012, 09:01 PM   #6
LittleBlondGoth

Tandy Leather has some good things, and so does a place called Le Prevo, who are based in Scotland. Their website is a little... archaic... shall we say, but they've got some excellent leather skins on there, as well as fiddly things like eyelets, buckles etc.
LittleBlondGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2012, 11:16 AM   #7
Ssantoss

Nice work going so far, how much leather would you estimate that you have used so far and how much will be needed totally? I have decided to reward myself with an Ezio-costume (gotta have something to look forward to when loosing weight ^^) from Brotherhood and white leather seems the most appropriate material for the outer garments, might flow a bit gentler than flimsy cloth.
Ssantoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2012, 04:43 PM   #8
Kame

Thanks for the input everyone. I'm still waiting for an important part of my costume before proceeding with getting more leather.

Ssantoss - I've bought 8 snow white sheepskin hides so far, they were all 4-6 sq ft. The guy I bought them from is sold out right now and has been for months. I still need two or three hides to finish the costume. Note - I'm 5'7 so the amount of hides you need may vary.
Unread 01-20-2013, 05:37 PM   #9
Kame

Just a quick update.

I got my pauldron in! Credit for the pauldron goes to Fevereon. Thanks, Fev!

Unread 01-20-2013, 11:49 PM   #10
fev
swirls while I swirl.

D: ! I sent you two pucks & 2 bolted oval discs right?

[size="1"]
| Facebook | Prop blog | Prop site
fev is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2013, 11:15 AM   #11
Kame

Quote:
Originally Posted by fev View Post
D: ! I sent you two pucks & 2 bolted oval discs right?
Yes. I just didn't have them on camera.
Unread 01-23-2013, 09:35 PM   #12
fev
swirls while I swirl.

Whoo, okay, coolbeans, was worried there for a bit ^^;

[size="1"]
| Facebook | Prop blog | Prop site
fev is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2013, 09:56 PM   #13
Kame

Waiting for my hide to come in. In the meantime, here's my cape mockup.

Unread 02-25-2013, 05:04 PM   #14
cactusmomma
Let's play!

If you keep that fabric, you can make it into a special Christmas cloak for later~
The thing about glitter is, if you get on you, be prepared to have it on you forever..cause glitter doesn't go away. Glitter is the herpes of craft supplies..like 'Damn, here comes the sun. flare up!' -Dimitri Martin
cactusmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2013, 12:10 AM   #15
Kame

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusmomma View Post
If you keep that fabric, you can make it into a special Christmas cloak for later~
Haha! That's not a bad idea! :P