Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Final Fantasy

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 35 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-17-2013, 12:20 PM   #1996
Seifer-sama

This thread seems a little dead. Where is everyone? Hopefully busy working on their many cosplays. :P

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%
Charlotte Elbourne - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 20%
Meier Link - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 10%
A-ko - Project A-ko - 80%
Minwu - Final Fantasy II - 20%

Planned Projects:
Mia Fey - Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Sorceress Edea - Final Fantasy VIII
Beatrix - Final Fantasy IX
Sailor Moon / Princess Serenity - Sailor Moon (Someday!!)
Seifer-sama is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-19-2013, 01:12 AM   #1997
MDA
Destiny Productions

Yeah that's where I've been. I'm excited though I now have 90% of the things that I need for Kuja. All I need is the gold trim for on the jacket and skirt.

Which reminds me, I bought the fabric for battle damaged (and trance - different fabric type) the other day for $14 total~! (CDN to specify) OMG YES THIS VERSION WILL BE CHEAPER

2014 Cons/Events:
Too many events for 2013, to see the full list please visit here: MDA's Schedule

Facebook | deviantART
MDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2013, 10:40 PM   #1998
Zaiten

Ooh, ohh, I'll join in, why not, my new Aerith and surprise Tifa is based on Dissidia, so it works.

After a huge mess up on my jacket for her, I think I finally have have discovered what happened and may not be nearly as bad as I thought it was. If all goes well, I should have Aerith done in a few weeks and that's only because I'm taking it slow.

Tifa was a surprise even to me. One of my outings to the thrift store rewarded me with a cheap leather skirt and the idea of Tifa was spawned. A few days later I found some amazing suspenders that are very close! Add in a cheap white shirt to mod and a black wig I already had and we're talking maybe $10 so far. All I need to do it work on shoes, gloves, and such and we're good to go.

Facebook Page: Zaiten
Fun cosplay updates: tumblr
Serious cosplay updates: deviantART

Proud Texas Cosplayer
Zaiten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2013, 01:18 PM   #1999
Seifer-sama

@ MDA: That's awesome! Congratulations! I am glad to hear you are nearly finished and that your next projects are going to be cheaper. That is always a plus. Make sure you take and post pictures.

@ Zaiten: Yes do join in! We need some more activity here. That's great to hear that your Aerith may be easier to fix than you thought and how totally awesome that you were able to find Tifa in a thrift store. Sometimes it's amazing the things you can find. Take pictures when you finish your projects.

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%

Planned Projects:
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Unread 01-21-2013, 02:36 PM   #2000
FinalEVA
BRING OUT YOUR DEAD!!!

@Seifer -

Workout: I have to admit, workout has been difficult to do these days. At least I'm getting a bit at my new job and my weight is staying down. Would like to lose a few more pounds though. As for my job, I'm so happy to be done with that one. This new one is miles better as I've said. They actually make sure you have your breaks and what not.

Fiberglass: WiR was one of the best movies I've seen in a while - at least in that genre. I think I'm going to have it play on the TVs at work that the customers see when I get the Blu-ray to show off the TVs on sale with. Anyway, I may have to be Fix it Felix now.

Props: Well, the fire spell looked really cool. May just need a more powerful LED in it, but I can't wait to see what it's going to look like and I'm sure it will come of good use.

Cecil: The progress is coming along. Hoping to at least have the armor done and painted for SC. I may wait on the beading and jewelry for a bit - but I do want something done that I can wear for SC.

Terra shoot and Dress: That's great that you were able to get all the flowers done in time! It really looked nice for the shoot. I'm glad the dress is holding up and sitting better as well. It seemed to work for all the different poses while we were doing the photo shoot. As for the Matek armor, I was thinking of maybe modifying my bike headlight to work? I think that would do something.

Zelda: Queen Zelda! She looks really mature and experienced in running a kingdom in TP compared to some of the other Zelda games. I'm glad the SS dress is coming together so well. Hopefully Groose goes well too and I think Eric will be perfect for playing him.

@MDA - I'm happy to hear you got everything for Kuja. Are you doing both Battle damaged and Trance this year?

@Zaiten - That's good that Aeris situation is better than you thought and also that you found Tifa in a thrift store. I always like when I can save on stuff at thrift stores myself.

Pen Pen (Evangelion) - 10%
Duke Pantarei (Tales of Vesperia) - 95% - wig needs restyling.
Cecil Harvey (FF Dissidia) - 10%

Planned:

Emperor Gestahl (Final Fantasy VI)
Rakushun Rat form (Twelve Kingdoms)
Shulk (Xenoblade Chronicles)
Link Zora Armor (LoZ: Twilight Princess)

Desired, but not confirmed:

Dart Dragoon Form (LoD)
Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)

PM me for free photoshoot in Seattle area.
My Flickr page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/finalevacosplay/
FinalEVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2013, 01:45 PM   #2001
Seifer-sama

@ FinalEva:

Workout: Uhg, same here. I am walking to work everyday though, so I am not just sitting around, but still I am not doing as much I would have liked. I really need to to get back into the swing of things. I am glad to hear that work is keeping you busy enough and that you are happy. It really does make a big difference to be in a job you actually like.

Fiberglass: I am so glad you enjoyed it and that we got the chance to see it before it lef the theaters. I think it will be fun for you to have it playing at work too. I know I would have fun with that. I am also really looking forward to your Felix.

Props: Thanks! I thought it came out okay. I do need to find a stronger LED for sure though. I will do some tests and maybe have it figured out by Sakura con.

Cecil: I am glad to hear you are making progress on Cecil. Wonderflex work can be really slow sometimes. I am sure you will finish in time though. As for putting the beads off, that may be a good idea until you have more of the whole costume done. I had to do that with Terra the first time I wore her.

Terra shoot and Dress: Thanks! I am so happy I finished everything in time too. I have to admit, I was worried. As for the bike headlight for the Magitek armor, that should work I think.

Zelda: I definitely agree. As for SS, it's hanging in there... I almost wonder if I might end up finishing Groose before Zelda... He has so few things left, it's exciting. As for Eric, oh he will have a blast being Groose, that I can promise you. When I first finished the wig he kept playing Groose's theme and wearing the wig around the house... :P

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%

Planned Projects:
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Unread 01-24-2013, 01:25 PM   #2002
FinalEVA
BRING OUT YOUR DEAD!!!

@Seifer -

Workout/Work: That's where I stand as well. I feel like I could definitely be doing a little more. As for my new job, it's definitely much better. Still a stop gap to getting a more stable full time job - but at least I'm not completely stressed when I get home and worried I won't make it through the day at the beginning of the day.

WiR: Well, I think both Eric's and my costumes won't be too difficult. Yours, on the other hand... As for the movie, it looks like it's coming on BD / DVD on March 5th I just found out. First day buy for me.

Props: That would be cool. We may need some more night / blue hour shots with Terra with the flame prop.

Cecil: I think that may be the best just to have the basic costume and not try to super embellish it until more time is available. I know Spencer really wants me to have Venus by then too.

Terra shoot and dress: Glad it all worked out then. As for the bike head light, I may need to put it into something to diffuse it a bit more and make it look like a larger headlight that would go into a Magitek armor.

Zelda: That's hilarious about walking around the house like that. It does sound like good progress is being made on both costumes too. Can't wait to see them done.

Pen Pen (Evangelion) - 10%
Duke Pantarei (Tales of Vesperia) - 95% - wig needs restyling.
Cecil Harvey (FF Dissidia) - 10%

Planned:

Emperor Gestahl (Final Fantasy VI)
Rakushun Rat form (Twelve Kingdoms)
Shulk (Xenoblade Chronicles)
Link Zora Armor (LoZ: Twilight Princess)

Desired, but not confirmed:

Dart Dragoon Form (LoD)
Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)

PM me for free photoshoot in Seattle area.
My Flickr page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/finalevacosplay/
FinalEVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2013, 02:03 PM   #2003
Seifer-sama

@ FinalEVA:

Workout/Work: I think I am going to plan on starting a new routine on Monday. I did some research and found a different plan that might work better for me. We will see though. I am glad you are continue to research other job opportunities. They say that the best time to do that is while you already have a job.

WiR: Ha ha, no kidding. Why do you guys get the easy ones? :P I did see on Amazon that iw would be coming out then, that's so exciting. I will probably buy it that day too.

Props: That would be awesome!

Cecil: Yeah no kidding. Sakuracon is going to be upon us before we even know it. As for Venus, don't push yourself too hard. We are going to shoot for Mars... but it's really if we have the time and the money. ^^;

Terra shoot and dress: Sounds like a real plan!

Zelda: It was.... interesting. :P Ha ha but thanks, I am looking forward to seeing those guys finished. They are close at least.

@ Everyone: So for those of you that haven't seen my cape already, I finally did post it. Maybe now my ramblings might make sense. Then again, maybe not. :P

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3343068/

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%

Planned Projects:
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Unread 01-24-2013, 02:12 PM   #2004
Zaiten

That cape is just amazing!

Proud Texas Cosplayer
Unread 01-25-2013, 01:40 PM   #2005
Seifer-sama

@ Zaiten: Aww thank you!! I never thought I would be more afraid of a cape than a wig... but when I did finally to decide to do the flowers I just felt so overwhelmed I didn't even know where to start. :P

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%

Planned Projects:
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Unread 01-26-2013, 10:57 PM   #2006
Zaiten

It came out absolutely amazing in the end, though. I never would have thought to do it that way but it looks so much nicer then paint.

Proud Texas Cosplayer
Unread 01-27-2013, 10:16 AM   #2007
tifaia
~Pimp Hat +1~

I've got...nadda! XD CoD is MIA until sometime late or next year. >.> But glad to see others are progressing!

Seifer, that is a really awesome idea for the flowers. I love it!
~ CosPod - A Cosplay Podcast for Everyone
~ The Geek Spot: All Things Geek Chic. Personal Blog.
~ Flickr Photostream ~ TifaIA Cosplay on Facebook ~ DeviantArt
tifaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2013, 01:24 AM   #2008
Zaiten

I finally started restyling my Aerith wig, so I'm happy about that. Just need to decide to stub for her pony tail or just hide it under the clip on.

Proud Texas Cosplayer
Unread 01-28-2013, 12:48 PM   #2009
Seifer-sama

@ Zaiten: Thank you so much!!! And good luck on that Aerith wig. Personally I would probably choose to stub it, but that's just me. I always like to go for the most secure methods, I am rough on my cosplays.

@ Tifaia: Hey welcome back anyway. I hope you get the chance to work on her again soon. And thank you.

Nothing new from me and there probably won't be for a while. But I still hope to see lots of progress from everyone.

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%

Planned Projects:
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Unread 01-31-2013, 12:50 AM   #2010
Zaiten

@Seifer: I think what I'll do is test it without stubbing and if I get mad at it I'll stub it and make myself happy. The bangs are looking good and have about the right height for what I'm going for. I'd curl the longer pieces but my mom is currently sleeping so.. nono on my hair dryer. Oh well, at least it's some progress.

Jacket is well.. I think it ma be ruined. I'm going to go ahead and sew it anyway to make sure, but I think I may need new suede.

Proud Texas Cosplayer