Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 86 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-16-2013, 11:54 PM   #5131
CosplayJelly
The Greatest Jelly

I really hate it whenever I make a thread and no one responds. I bet im not the only one. It makes me feel dumb and that I have dumb ideas (--")
frozen- elsa 0% thinking
asuka (neon genesis evangeleon) 20%
Miss Fortune (LoL)- 0% thinking
Annie (attack on titan) 80% procrastinating/making 3d gear
Conventions~
OtakonAnime USAKatsucon!
CosplayJelly is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-18-2013, 10:47 PM   #5132
dx7879
King of the Pirates!

It just annoys the hell out of me when a friend messages me, and we exchange like 2 messages before the person just sort of disappears...It's usually like this

Person: What's up?
Me: Not much, just chilling what about you?
Person: About the same
Me: *insert something else*

Person doesn't respond...Thanks for messaging me. It was nice talking to you too! I swear there's a few people where that's how our usual conversations go. We'll be lucky if we hit like 8 messages between the 2 of us :/
dx7879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2013, 11:21 PM   #5133
belligerent
Viking Metal

Some people don't talk about it, they be about it.
Dudes I am sometimes: Sweden, Sweden (mafia version), Metal!Sweden, Austria, Austria (Inappropriate For Children version), Lithuania, Lithuania (mafia version), Poland, Turkey (mafia version), England, Equius, biker!Equius, PT!Stud!Germany, Tony Stark, Netherlands, Reiner Braun, Rei Ryuugazaki, Denmark
Dudes I will be eventually: Genjyo Sanzo, Wolverine, Turkey, Nephrite
belligerent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2013, 12:16 PM   #5134
SirWonderusMary
Join the Flock~

I'm going to rant because I need to let this out somewhere and this is just the perfect place:
January is just becoming the WORST month for me right now. I'm trying to get a job, or something to keep my mind off it but not sure if I'll ever be called by anyone. But that doesn't matter. It is the worst month because I still have no 250 refund of my money from Moneypak, AND now my school is being more frustrating than ever.

Alright, so I live in a household that barely earns any income so this is where financial aid is supposed to kick in. We've been arguing with the w-2 people for months on end to send the paperwork we need (w-2 form) for financial aid. Which they finally sent after two months in Late October (it started in August) only to be told by the school we need more paperwork. We got it, and then they told us they can get be enrolled for January. We go there yesterday to get it all finished when they tell us that we don't have "enough."

Financial aid was giving me 2300 for the course, and OF COURSE they only get half of it now and in order to be put it I needed 800 more dollars + money for books. I give up hope, til they said there's a chance if we get letters from my teachers and sign a scholarship. Well guess what? We did that, so we wasted gas probably by driving to my high school and back to the college to bring that paperwork. They congrat us and say they'll call us later to tell us the details.

Guess what? It wasn't enough.

That only took 400 from the money I still need, and the thing that bothers me is that they didn't tell us it still wouldn't help! Look, College. You are keeping 1000 of my financial aid so why the hell can't you use that NOW? Why would you give me hope I could turn that scholarship in and it'd help? I am using financial aid because I cannot afford to spend money on you when my parents are swamped with bills they need to pay!

....My grandfather is maybe going to pay, but he said he was going to give me back money for what was lost because of that stupid card company. Of course, when he pays the 400+ he isn't going to do that. So, yup. There goes what I wanted for my birthday. I hate how for my birthday I'm getting into a college that I no longer like due to how frustrating they are.
SirWonderusMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2013, 04:45 PM   #5135
Curucar

PEOPLE. Treat your con staffers like humans. I'm in the process of building AnomalyCon's schedule-- when we scheduled the con, we didn't realise easter was 31 March. So I'm sending out emails to attendees double checking that their panel time is OK with them. And promptly get called a godless heathen for scheduling one guy on easter morning.

Screw you, guy. Screw you with something hard and sandpapery.
Unread 01-21-2013, 04:53 PM   #5136
Altrus
I love dogs!

Today I found the exact tutorial I needed... for my last cosplay. It went up two months after I finished it. It could have saved me so much trouble, stress and heartache. On the bright side, it's 100% applicable to the piece I'm doing now, but good god. If this had been out 2 months earlier...
Unread 01-21-2013, 05:07 PM   #5137
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curucar View Post
PEOPLE. Treat your con staffers like humans. I'm in the process of building AnomalyCon's schedule-- when we scheduled the con, we didn't realise easter was 31 March. So I'm sending out emails to attendees double checking that their panel time is OK with them. And promptly get called a godless heathen for scheduling one guy on easter morning.

Screw you, guy. Screw you with something hard and sandpapery.
Staffers also need to learn to treat their attendees right. I was verbally harassed by a staff member at my last con. All because I reported her shitty behavior towards me on Facebook to the higher ups.

Working on: Lolita!Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan) - Red Riding Hood!Alois Trancy (Black Butler)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2013, 06:16 PM   #5138
Curucar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shana05 View Post
Staffers also need to learn to treat their attendees right. I was verbally harassed by a staff member at my last con. All because I reported her shitty behavior towards me on Facebook to the higher ups.
That's completely unacceptable. We had one incident like that last year and that staffer was kicked out of the con.

I'm slowly coming to the realisation that cons are very much like working retail (even if it has nothing to do with the vendors room).
Unread 01-21-2013, 06:34 PM   #5139
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curucar View Post
That's completely unacceptable. We had one incident like that last year and that staffer was kicked out of the con.

I'm slowly coming to the realisation that cons are very much like working retail (even if it has nothing to do with the vendors room).
Yeah, I seem to have really bad luck with staff members. I've encountered too many rude and/or uncaring ones. I did report that girl and the security people took it pretty seriously, even gave me free pocky. But they were supposed to e-mail me with an update on the situation and they haven't yet. I just e-mailed them inquiring about it.

In a very minor rant, I hate the wait to hear back from the hedgehog breeder. I applied for a hold and I waiting to see if I got him. I plan to start setting up his home once I know I got the hold, so the sooner she tells me the more time I have to get ready.

Working on: Lolita!Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan) - Red Riding Hood!Alois Trancy (Black Butler)
Unread 01-21-2013, 07:54 PM   #5140
dx7879
King of the Pirates!

FML! That's all ^.^
dx7879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2013, 03:04 PM   #5141
OtakuSpark
Local KagePro loser

I hope my dad gets his arse kicked by a bunch of gays. "Gays are sin".

But "God" loves everyone.

oooookayyyy.... I am just so mad... I can't even function. Reason number 8364985 that I left the Catholic church.
And all at once, I know everything is gone
OtakuSpark is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2013, 03:25 PM   #5142
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

Well, I finally heard back from the con staff. Basically they won't do anything because it was a "one-time incident" despite the fact she harassed me in person after they talked to her about her online harassment. It's a real headbanger as when I reported the crap she did online, they refunded my original registration and I had to re-register to be able to go to the con. If you thought it was serious back then, what's with the sudden turn-around?

So for now on, I'll be boycotting both Ahn-Con and Motaku (their run by the same people). This is my second time boycotting Motaku as their first year was such a disaster. I gave them a second chance their third year but they've majorly blew it by hiring and sticking up for shitty staff members. Such a shame, they were a local con so it was so convenient to attend.

Unread 01-24-2013, 07:04 PM   #5143
Fish-and-Chips-Yum
Look! A hidden puzzle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shana05 View Post
Well, I finally heard back from the con staff. Basically they won't do anything because it was a "one-time incident" despite the fact she harassed me in person after they talked to her about her online harassment. It's a real headbanger as when I reported the crap she did online, they refunded my original registration and I had to re-register to be able to go to the con. If you thought it was serious back then, what's with the sudden turn-around?
That is absolutely absurd. I'm sorry to hear that you had such poor treatment, and it's appalling that they are treating harassment so lightly. :/

+See Costume List for Completed Projects+

+In-Progress+
+Rarity+ MLP:FiM ~100%~ Just finished!
+Matryoshka!America+ Hetalia ~20%~ Designing the Hoodie!

+2013 Plans+
+Gala!Rarity+ MLP:FiM
+Ciel Phantomhive (Vol. 6 Outfit)+ Black Butler
+Hatsune Miku (Snow Version 2013)+ Vocaloid
+Umbreon+ Pokemon

+Conventions Planned for 2013+
Sakura Con 2013 ~ 65% Likely
Everfree 2013 ~ 30% Likely
Kumori Con 2013 ~ 40% Likely
Aki Con 2013 ~ 100% Likely
Fish-and-Chips-Yum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2013, 07:21 PM   #5144
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

I know I mention it a lot but I was harassed at my job of 4 years to the point I had to quit. My supervisors did absolutely nothing but blame me. I told this to the con chair when she took my report to explain why I was being reluctant to report it. She said that they were going to take it seriously. The only reason I bothered to report it is that security approached me when they saw me crying and urged me to do so. Instead, they just hurt me more than if they just let me sit there and cry.

Unread 01-26-2013, 01:07 AM   #5145
Reily96
Zelda Obsessed

... It's 2 AM. A car alarm has been going off for the past two hours. Why does no one else seem to be hearing this, and why are they not stopping it?

... I am not nearly as nonchalant about this as it may seem. I feel like I'm about to flip a table right now.
Gakuko, Shanghai Disco ver. (Vocaloid) - 70%

For the Future:
Smaug - The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
Malon - Legend of Zelda
Snow Queen Elsa - Frozen
Reily96 is offline   Reply With Quote