Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Makeup and Eye Contacts

Unread 01-21-2013, 04:42 PM   #1
Saki_Watari

Jack Frost ROTG paleness

Hi~ I have been dubbed Mini-Jack and I have no idea what I'm doing with the makeup! Jack Frost from Rise of the Guardians is VERY pale. This is the first time in my life I've ever needed to make myself lighter instead of darker so I'm clueless. Can someone please give me tips on how to make myself look paler?

Here is a reference pick of Jack Frost http://www.liveforfilms.com/wp-conte...st-poster.jpeg

And this is my current makeup http://www.loreal-paris.co.uk/cosmet...rue-beige.aspx I use the shade "015 Porcelain"

As you can see, I'm very pale already, but also pink. Jack has this white paleness thing going on. How can I get this look with makeup? Or... Actually... The rest of my skin is very pale, the only part of me that does tan is my face. Is there some way for me to just brighten my real face up a few shades?

Sorry... I can deal with wigs and fabric, but makeup hates me. I bow to the gurus on this one!
Saki_Watari is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-21-2013, 04:57 PM   #2
PSY-chan
Arrogant Ignoramus

You can try a paler shade of foundation. Some people use Ben Nye. You can also mix white makeup with your foundation. This creates something that looks like your skin, but paler. If you use powder, use translucent. White powder might also work. I'm rambling, sorry! Hope this helps a bit...
PSY-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2013, 10:34 PM   #3
Saki_Watari

0.0 I had never heard of Ben Nye before... I am now in this wonderful world of theatrical make up, and I will NEVER look back! Thank you so, so much! *glomp*
Saki_Watari is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2013, 12:44 AM   #4
mikazuki
三日月

There are so many products on the market. As mentioned there is Ben Nye, Mehron, Dinair, Graftobian and countless others.

Since you plan on doing this for yourself what's your makeup budget? What is your skin type? There are so many questions you need to ask yourself before you start dropping money on things that may not work for you.
Unread 01-27-2013, 01:31 AM   #5
kyronami
Crossplayer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DuP2qNXLw8
kyronami is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2013, 01:43 PM   #6
Ilafatyu
That guy

I have this awesome green-tinted mineral stuff that I brush on whenever my face is wicked red. I was skeptical at first, but it neutralizes the redness and doesn't turn my skin green. Just a little coating does fine. I don't know if it'll help you, but it's been great for me, for both cosplay and everyday use.

facebook // dA
Want to help create a US anime convention map?
PM me your local conventions to add to the map

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Lie Ren (RWBY) - 3%
Connie (SnK) - 1%
Ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2013, 04:17 PM   #7
Ani_BEE
Black Magic Woman

Graftobean and Mehron both have pale options in the HD foundation lines.

I personally have to go paler then what any drug store/department store has to offer or add white to the lightest shade of foundation.

I'm currently using Illamasqua Skin Base Foundation in White and 3.0 (their palest yellow tone foundation) to get something even close to my uber pale skin and it has a built in primer as well.

http://www.sephora.com/skin-base-fou...?skuId=1403351

FanEXPO
Wearing random Arda Wigs.
Madeline Hatter ~ Ever After High (Sat)

Future cosplays/cons:
Anime North, (maybe) Otakuthon, FanEXPO '15
Nehelenia
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
My Wigs • Mascot, Costumes (Humanity has Declined) & D.Gray-man Poker Cards • Zori&Tabi from Japan

Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup revies!
Ani_BEE is offline   Reply With Quote