Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Pokemon

Unread 01-17-2013, 07:19 AM   #1
MitsukaiEievui

Eevee gijinka~

I'm making this costume for an upcoming con in my area. [excuse the horrible drawing, I'm a lazy person... with digital art anyways xD]

I've finished the hand, legs and belt accessories and have commissioned a tailor to make the costume since I have absolutely no tailoring experience ^^;

What I need to finish are the ears and tail. Plan to make the ears clip on, I find that they stay on a wig better then headbands. For the tail probably a big safety pin? Not really sure.
Any suggestions on what material to use? Mom suggested velvet as my costume [the skirt] is made of it and it would suit better.

Also, should I make the tail stand upright like in the game's sprites or let it droop down like in the picture?

For the wig, I'm ordering Keiichi Shimizu's [La Corda D'oro] wig. Any idea how to make it wispy and stay for a whole day? I have no experience in styling wigs either OTL
MitsukaiEievui is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-21-2013, 01:36 PM   #2
~H~
Original H

I like your poncho/shawl idea ^_^.

I agree with your Mom about trying to re-use the same fabric for the ears and tail, however I'm personally a fan of faux fur for that sort of thing. I'm sure that so long as the colors match closely enough you'll be fine using whatever material you're comfortable working with.

As for the style of the tail, I would think about whether or not I plan on sitting-down at all, look at some tutorials, and make my decision based on personal preference. I was recently turned-on to cosplaytutorial.com, and highly recommend them as a resource for great tuts! Here's a link to their section on tails: http://cosplaytutorial.com/list.php#furtails

They have helpful wig tuts as well: http://cosplaytutorial.com/list.php#wigs

Hope that helps!
~H~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2013, 07:51 PM   #3
MitsukaiEievui

Thank you >w<

I'll probably use felt, haven't found a single shop here that actually sells faux fur or velvet.
Mostly satin and the like.

I do plan on sitting down, a lot at that matter since nearing the afternoon the con halls are filled to the brim like sardine cans ;x
Also because most of my poses will need me to sit on the ground. I suck at standing poses for some reason...

Thanks for the opinions and tutorials ^w^
MitsukaiEievui is offline   Reply With Quote