Shallon
Loves Details

Lumina ((FF13-3))

Just got to see Lumina's outfit.

http://i1324.photobucket.com/albums/...ps683b8afc.png
http://i1324.photobucket.com/albums/...ps40bc0ca0.png
http://i1324.photobucket.com/albums/...psfd63b225.png
http://i1324.photobucket.com/albums/...psa643fcb9.png

Looks pretty cool! I can not wait for more shots. I am not really in to those shoes though.

Anyone else got some photos? post them if you don't mind ^^

Last edited by Shallon : 01-21-2013 at 08:54 PM.
Shallon is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-20-2013, 12:21 AM   #2
FadedxLight
Keyblade Wielder

I really want to cosplay Lumina, I'm just worried about how complex it looks. I think it's best to start off with the wig ^^
FadedxLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2013, 02:12 PM   #3
.Kairi.Yuna.
GET UR PINK ON! >:(

Looking at her outfit, I think the hardest part of the whole thing will be the feathery collar, and the random spike things on her shoes and shoulders. I'm excited though!! I probably won't get to her for awhile. I have Ahri and Serah to make first. :/ Always so behind on Final Fantasy cosplays.

UPCOMMING CONS: Anime Midwest, Soycon, Daisho con.
Upcomming Cosplays: TBA

Like my cosplays? Help me out by sending me a small donation.

. .: Donations :. .
.Kairi.Yuna. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2013, 03:17 PM   #4
Tifa ~
Vanilla flavour

I don't really like the behavior she seems to have, but I think the outfit is really cute, especially the lolita shoes and the dress.
To make the feather collar, you could just stick the feathers on a stripe of fabric and then attach it on the collar (:
I just have a doubt about the stockings. Which kind of paint can you use to draw on stockings?
Tifa ~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2013, 04:27 PM   #5
Shallon
Loves Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by FadedxLight View Post
I really want to cosplay Lumina, I'm just worried about how complex it looks. I think it's best to start off with the wig ^^
I have been looking at the complexity as well but it looks simple except for those "armor" parts. Also I have yet to find a back photo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Kairi.Yuna. View Post
Looking at her outfit, I think the hardest part of the whole thing will be the feathery collar, and the random spike things on her shoes and shoulders. I'm excited though!! I probably won't get to her for awhile. I have Ahri and Serah to make first. :/ Always so behind on Final Fantasy cosplays.
For the collar you can use what is called "wing rounds". Then you could attach it (sandwich it with another fabric) between the black top fabric and the red lining fabric. Just make sure to dull the ends of the feathers so the feathers will not make a rip in the fabrics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tifa ~ View Post
I don't really like the behavior she seems to have, but I think the outfit is really cute, especially the lolita shoes and the dress.
To make the feather collar, you could just stick the feathers on a stripe of fabric and then attach it on the collar (:
I just have a doubt about the stockings. Which kind of paint can you use to draw on stockings?
Yea, I agree the behavior does bug me. It makes me think that they made a mistake with the ending of 13-2 (spoiler) and now they are trying to "bring" back serah.

For the paint you can use the martha stewart craft paint. I have used it many time and it holds really nicely. I have even washed it with no troubles. To get that effect though you need to be wearing the leggings and paint the "X" shape on. You could have a friend wear them while you paint but make sure said friend is about your size.
Unread 01-20-2013, 07:40 PM   #6
FadedxLight
Keyblade Wielder

If you look closely at her shirt, it looks kind of shiny. What kind of fabric should I use for it?
Unread 01-20-2013, 09:31 PM   #7
Celcia
Revolutionary Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by FadedxLight View Post
If you look closely at her shirt, it looks kind of shiny. What kind of fabric should I use for it?
I think a nice cotton sateen would work well for her shirt. It has a nice slight sheen without being overly shiny like polyester satin would be.

I'm thinking about cosplaying Lumina as well but I agree with everyone's feelings about her behavior. I'm more concerned about making those thigh high stockings look good without the paint cracking too much. Maybe a thinned out fabric paint while stretching them somewhat?

deviantArt account
Celcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2013, 08:44 PM   #8
Shallon
Loves Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celcia View Post
I'm thinking about cosplaying Lumina as well but I agree with everyone's feelings about her behavior. I'm more concerned about making those thigh high stockings look good without the paint cracking too much. Maybe a thinned out fabric paint while stretching them somewhat?

I told someone else about the paint above but I forgot to add in that using a minimal amount and then using a sponge very lightly would give it that effect. I tried it out today and I looked rather good.

I also second the cotton sateen fabric.

Last edited by Shallon : 01-21-2013 at 08:53 PM.
Unread 01-23-2013, 01:45 PM   #9
.Kairi.Yuna.
GET UR PINK ON! >:(

As for painting the socks, I would use tulip fabric paint. You can find them in walmart, Joanns, or Micheals. I usually just buy the small 1 dollar puffy fabric paint from walmart.

I squeeze it onto a plate, and paint it on like paint.

@Shallon Thanks for the wing rounds idea. I will look into those.

UPCOMMING CONS: Anime Midwest, Soycon, Daisho con.
Upcomming Cosplays: TBA

Like my cosplays? Help me out by sending me a small donation.

. .: Donations :. .
.Kairi.Yuna. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2013, 09:41 AM   #10
Syrupcookie

I just found this high-ress render of her. Might be helpful to all of us who wants to make her outfit

http://xbox360.tgbus.com/UploadFiles...4095241122.jpg

At first I thought I knew exactly how her costume would be, but now I noticed so many new details which makes me doubt my knowledge xD
Hope SE will release some more pictures of her soon because I'm excited to start on her already!
Syrupcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2013, 08:29 PM   #11
FadedxLight
Keyblade Wielder

How do you sew her skirt? It looks like a normal skirt with some kind of lacy fabric (but I seriously don't know how to sew a skirt) xD
Unread 06-07-2013, 08:45 PM   #12
FadedxLight
Keyblade Wielder

also, here's a new reference for you all ^_^

http://images.wikia.com/finalfantasy...III_Zaltys.jpg
Unread 06-11-2013, 06:12 PM   #13
kawaiilove
I hate homestuck

I'm going to be making her cosplay too and I think the skirt will be the hardest part and her cape thing too!

kawaiilove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2013, 10:57 PM   #14
kawaiilove
I hate homestuck

I wish they would come out with more pics and info about her LOL!

kawaiilove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2013, 09:00 AM   #15
Syrupcookie

I made some sketches of her outfit after watching the gameplay video. I had to rewatch the part where Lumina comes in over and over again and there's only a split second when you can see her up front, though still not very clear (the whole video clip is kinda pixelated, so it was hard to figure things out)

Anyway, here's the link to the picture: http://syrupcookie.tumblr.com/image/53187365233

I made some notes about her outfit as well, which I found out after watching the gameplay video:
- Her dress is see-through. I thought itís made of something like tule fabric.
- She wears a miniskirt underneath the see-through dress.
- The feathers around her wrist are actually dark blue, not black.
- She has around 3 belts with bows around her dress.
- She has 2 cross-symbols on the belt around her upper arm (gloved arm) instead of 1.

I'm going out of the sketches I made for my own costume. I'm not saying that my sketches are 100% accurate, but I think it's pretty close to it.

I just hope this information is helpful to you all who wants to make this costume. Let's face it: She's just too cute to not cosplay :P
Syrupcookie is offline   Reply With Quote