Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3084 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-22-2013, 07:49 AM   #63241
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnarCHris View Post
My response to this is as following http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2013/01/14
Bwahhaha! I was just bitching about this. Calling your game "Cyberpunk 2077" is LAME. But I'm still going to check it out because I really liked CD Projekt's last title. I'm also going to steal the phrase "calibrate your rage-o-meter".
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-22-2013, 08:10 AM   #63242
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsakoLuna View Post
Alas, the Doctor was not at the Tutti Frutti in my local mall.
Whack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
Bwahhaha! I was just bitching about this. Calling your game "Cyberpunk 2077" is LAME. But I'm still going to check it out because I really liked CD Projekt's last title. I'm also going to steal the phrase "calibrate your rage-o-meter".
Yeah between faux nerd outrage everytime a game developer does/say something stupid (Indie Game: The Movie has given me a new hatred for ppl), and that strip, I'm going to do my best to control my nerd rage in 2013. There's more pressing shit out there. Also IDGAF what Cyberpunk 2077 is called, I've legally purchased a game callled "Lollipop Chainsaw" within the last year.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2013, 09:22 AM   #63243
Bisected8
panificium delicatum sum

Is Indie Game: The Movie that bad?

I wasn't really interested in watching it, but I haven't heard anything negative about it...

To do; Dark Link (70%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
Bisected8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2013, 10:43 AM   #63244
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisected8 View Post
Is Indie Game: The Movie that bad?

I wasn't really interested in watching it, but I haven't heard anything negative about it...
It's worth a viewing, but the "Braid" worship is annoying, as well as the 10 minutes they dedicate hating on a rapper because he didn't "Get" Braid. It comes across extremely childishly.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2013, 11:04 AM   #63245
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish-and-Chips-Yum View Post
/snip/ not before my mom could throw in a few snide remarks about how we wouldn't have to go through all this trouble to get a dress if I watched my weight. Yes mom, I realized that once I discovered barely any stores carry cute dresses in an 18.

It's a small world after all.
It's not your fault that they weren't selling your size.

It's theirs for not selling your size.

You don't need to 'watch your weight', watch it what? Dance the funky chicken? Your mom is being a bitch, don't listen to that kind of nonsense droll.

You aren't the only woman (guy's have the problem too) who struggles to find their sizes. It's not YOU, it's THEM. It doesn't matter if your a size 6, a 16, or a 26; it isn't your fault and your mother is being a jerk face.

Trust me, my mom does it too. I am 23 years old and she still tries to body police me and dictate what I am wearing. When I was around 14-16 we where out at a Jcpenny's and I saw some tanktops on the wall display, the kind that have triangle cups and a high waistline so the midsection is loose and flowy. When I mentioned I thought they where pretty my mother loudly said "You're too fat to wear that" and kept walking.

Some woman who was shopping in the area looked up shocked and just stared at me. I couldn't tell if she was shocked at what my mother did or if she was sizing me up to agree.

Shopping with my mother is like the 9th circle of hell. Luckily i am in a position where I am not around her often anymore and I can decline going without getting 'in trouble' as you might still being at home.

But seriously. Don't listen to your mom. Your fine. You look fine. Your body is fine.

Brandon and I where talking last night and decided we should cosplay as Skyrim characters. But just as NPC's and go around the convention spewing lines at passerby's;

"You see those warriors in Hammerfall? They've got curved swords. Curved. Swords."

"Need something?"

"Hmm?"

"Yes?"

"Do you come to the cloud district very often? What am I saying, of course you don't."

"Guard might get nervous... A woman approaches with her weapon drawn."

"Hands to yourself, sneak thief"

And we'd just be dressed as like..a farmer and blacksmith or something.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Last edited by Lithium Flower : 01-22-2013 at 11:15 AM.
Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2013, 11:22 AM   #63246
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

I'm not going to shovel the driveway. There's less than two inches and I'm lazy.

I'm taking an online class this semester. I have alarms set in my phone everyday to remind me to actually log into blackboard and do class stuff.
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2013, 11:27 AM   #63247
Sybren117
Gipsy Danger

What a snowy few days it has been! Worked from home yesterday because it was too snowy to drive. And when I say "worked from home" I mean "playstation and chocolate".

It was productive.
Sybren117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2013, 11:52 AM   #63248
Bisected8
panificium delicatum sum

Well at least someone's enjoyed it. *grumble grumble*

To do; Dark Link (70%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
Bisected8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2013, 12:26 PM   #63249
Mykaios
Saving all the meguca's.

Our kitchen is not insulated very well or at all. the sink/pipes and the water in any of the dishes int he sink are completely frozen D:
Mykaios is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2013, 12:54 PM   #63250
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Turns out the thermostat isn't fixed after all. It's set to 90 and is around 65 degrees right now. So at least it isn't the same kind of horrible freezing it was before. But now the windows are actually iced over. Ha. Ha. FML.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 01-22-2013, 01:04 PM   #63251
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
Turns out the thermostat isn't fixed after all. It's set to 90 and is around 65 degrees right now. So at least it isn't the same kind of horrible freezing it was before. But now the windows are actually iced over. Ha. Ha. FML.
My best advice - cover every window you can with a towel or blanket, or put a towel at the bottom or top of a window, where ever you feel a draft. For dinner, make something that requires turning the oven on, and use the space heater, that way when the temp drops you'll already be warmish.

And cuddles. All the cuddles.
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2013, 01:15 PM   #63252
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
My best advice - cover every window you can with a towel or blanket, or put a towel at the bottom or top of a window, where ever you feel a draft. For dinner, make something that requires turning the oven on, and use the space heater, that way when the temp drops you'll already be warmish.

And cuddles. All the cuddles.
In the bathroom I have the bottom covered, I might just do the same for the other windows that are frozen. So far it's just that one and the kitchen. There's layers of ice on the outside of the windows but we ended up getting some on the inside too :\ The bathroom has stayed fairly warm because we keep the door shut so at least that room is doing okay.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 01-22-2013, 01:16 PM   #63253
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
Black and lilac go together right? Like a black cardigan over a lilac cami? I hope they do in real life and its not just a Lolita thing.
Are there color combinations that are exclusively lolita? Is that really a thing? FTR I'm pretty sure black and lilac is a legit combo because if it's not I'm doing something wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
Brandon and I where talking last night and decided we should cosplay as Skyrim characters. But just as NPC's and go around the convention spewing lines at passerby's
Yes good this is good.

Friday night was my office holiday party. The restaurant was really good and I had a bunch of laughs and drank an entire glass of white wine. I even ate salmon! I only ate like half because there was a ton of food. Initially it was in a beurre blanc sauce, but it seemed to be mostly clinging to the vegetables. I ate the pistachio crust off the leftovers, flaked up the rest, and put it in a sweet mustard glaze with orzo and peas, then fed it to LD who ate it all up.

I'm constantly amazed at how much that little boy will eat. I'm going to be really sad when he gets to the fussy phase. Apparently our 5-year-old nephew survives entirely on peanut butter and honey sandwiches.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2013, 01:20 PM   #63254
Mykaios
Saving all the meguca's.

Black goes with any color.
Mykaios is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2013, 01:30 PM   #63255
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny_dreadful View Post
I'm constantly amazed at how much that little boy will eat. I'm going to be really sad when he gets to the fussy phase. Apparently our 5-year-old nephew survives entirely on peanut butter and honey sandwiches.
Juno is kinda fussy. More often though she'll want something but won't end up eating it. She'll ask for something at Mcdonalds, gets it, takes one bite, and cry's that she doesn't want it anymore. I think it's more of her wanting to be included when people are getting something for themselves then her actually being hungry.

She also seems to have an issue with trying new foods that are extensions of foods she already likes. So let's say she likes tomatoes but doesn't want to try pasta sauce.

-shrug- she's like..4 and a little spoiled so whatever.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○