Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > MegaCon

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-22-2013, 01:19 PM   #46
TVsRobLowe

I'm going to go dressed in my Krang suit that I made for Halloween.

Quick question, since I've always wore clothes that I can change out of and stuff in a bag - Does Megacon offer any kind of cosplay changing rooms? My costume is quite bulky and I may not want to wear it all day. If there is somewhere to change, I'll make a custom case for it and store it at my friend's booth.
TVsRobLowe is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-22-2013, 09:18 PM   #47
JFBount
President of Hyperion

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVsRobLowe View Post
I'm going to go dressed in my Krang suit that I made for Halloween.

Quick question, since I've always wore clothes that I can change out of and stuff in a bag - Does Megacon offer any kind of cosplay changing rooms? My costume is quite bulky and I may not want to wear it all day. If there is somewhere to change, I'll make a custom case for it and store it at my friend's booth.
Unfortunately the bathrooms are going to be your best bet. To my knowledge there's never been a designated changing room for cosplayers at Mega. Also ... WHEN ARE YOU WEARING KRANG?!?!?! I saw your cosplay featured on Kotaku and nearly lost my s**t!!! I'm definitely going to have to find ya during the weekend and get a pic with ya lol
So Han’s walking down the halls of Bespin with his old friend Lando. Leia’s there, and lookin’ good. Han thinks he’s off to dinner - maybe some wine, a little flirting, and then back to the ol’ guest quarters with Her Hotness. But the door opens, and there’s Vader. ...Han doesn’t look at Lando; he doesn’t duck or run. What does Han do?

He starts shooting at the bastard.

He starts shooting.

Be like Han.
JFBount is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2013, 10:43 AM   #48
TVsRobLowe

I'll be going on Saturday.

I suppose bathrooms aren't so bad. There are some more remote areas of the Convention Center where they have some larger handicap stalls. Off the top of my head, the west entrance by the escalators is almost always empty. I'll have two "handlers" going with me to help me get in and out, so that should be plenty of room. I can't believe I didn't think of the bathrooms...I guess I just thought of the crowded ones near the main halls and wrote them off.
TVsRobLowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2013, 02:03 PM   #49
NekoMimiChan
*Bri*

I'm looking forward to Megacon a little extra this year. My boyfriend is finally accompanying me to the convention after 9 years being together and 4 years going without him, it's about time!

I have a bunch of fun and relatively easy costumes for the weekend. I won't be entering the contest this year since it's kinda a pain in the butt and super time consuming. In lieu of not being consumed with the cosplay contest, what events should I go to with my mate? There's no schedule up now, but historically what things are the most fun?

Friday: Saint from Hitman, Sailor Neptune
Saturday: Morrigan from Darkstalkers
Sunday: Mai from King of Fighters or Chun li

Future Costumes
Carmilla - Vampire Hunter D
Haydee - Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo
Barioth Blademaster - Monster Hunter
Lulu- FFX
Gwendolyn - Odin Sphere

For Prop Commissions visit my store, DistinctiveProps, on etsy.
NekoMimiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2013, 04:34 PM   #50
JFBount
President of Hyperion

Quote:
Originally Posted by NekoMimiChan View Post
My boyfriend is finally accompanying me to the convention after 9 years being together and 4 years going without him, it's about time!
SHENANIGANS ARE GOING TO BE HAD!!!! YOU BETTER BELIEVE IT!!! XD
So Han’s walking down the halls of Bespin with his old friend Lando. Leia’s there, and lookin’ good. Han thinks he’s off to dinner - maybe some wine, a little flirting, and then back to the ol’ guest quarters with Her Hotness. But the door opens, and there’s Vader. ...Han doesn’t look at Lando; he doesn’t duck or run. What does Han do?

He starts shooting at the bastard.

He starts shooting.

Be like Han.
JFBount is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2013, 10:13 PM   #51
TimeWarpster
Warper of Time

This will be my first time attending MegaCon, but I'm stoked, I've heard great things ^^ I was, however, a little worried that not many people cosplay for this con, but seeing these replies gives me a bit of relief.

As of the new year, I was planning on recycling an old cosplay, but I came across a dress at a local thrift store that is the spitting image of Aerith/Aeris Gainsborough's dress from FF VII (I'd do the AC version), it would have been a shame to pass up the opportunity. All that's left to do is whip up that jacket, which will be easy cheesy, and patiently wait for the wig.

I was thinking of having a basket of flowers and see if I could make a quick buck or two by selling them, though the con police might disapprove considering I don't have a vendor's license... But hey, she's a flower vendor, it'd just be me getting into character!
TimeWarpster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2013, 04:36 PM   #52
Hime no Toki
NiGHTmaren
Modoka Magica

Megacon is 'anything goes' regarding the costumes, which is great! I see a wide variety every year, stuff you normally don't see and some really great workmanship.

I'm also making my boyfriend a costume since it's been a while since I've made one for him, so he'll be there as Howl from Howl's Moving Castle. The diamond coat version.

2014 - Upcoming Conventions :
Anime Weekend Atlanta (GA) - FandomCon (FL)

Upcoming costumes : Suzie Q from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Edea Lee (various versions) from Bravely Default, and more!

http://www.facebook.com/NiGHTmarenCosplay
Hime no Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2013, 09:29 AM   #53
Kismet

I'll be going Satruday, cosplaying as Youko Kurama from Yu Yu Hakusho. ^^ It's been quite a few years since I've been to Megacon, so I'm looking forward to it.
Kismet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2013, 12:09 PM   #54
NeonBunnyGirl
I fancy Poop.

Does anyone have any helpful info/tips about the anime costume contest? I've been debating on entering it for the first time this year. This would be my first time entering into a costume contest so any tips would be nice.
Unread 02-04-2013, 12:15 PM   #55
Hime no Toki
NiGHTmaren
Modoka Magica

I've both judged and I've entered at Megacon, so here's a few pointers!

Pre-register on Anime Sushi's website. This way you know in advance your number and can arrange a time slot that is convenient for you on Saturday.

Bring references, and bring progress, but make sure not to bring TOO much. Try to keep it consolidated for the judges.

Make sure that the source is from Japan, please. Anime Sushi is very strict about this.

2014 - Upcoming Conventions :
Anime Weekend Atlanta (GA) - FandomCon (FL)

Upcoming costumes : Suzie Q from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Edea Lee (various versions) from Bravely Default, and more!

http://www.facebook.com/NiGHTmarenCosplay
Hime no Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2013, 02:43 PM   #56
NeonBunnyGirl
I fancy Poop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hime no Toki View Post
I've both judged and I've entered at Megacon, so here's a few pointers!

Pre-register on Anime Sushi's website. This way you know in advance your number and can arrange a time slot that is convenient for you on Saturday.

Bring references, and bring progress, but make sure not to bring TOO much. Try to keep it consolidated for the judges.

Make sure that the source is from Japan, please. Anime Sushi is very strict about this.
Thanks for the info! I would have never thought to check their website.
Unread 02-06-2013, 08:46 AM   #57
Neko_Kaolla
Cosmic Gemini Cosplayer

I should be helping Sushi again, so I'll be there (what my task will be this year I have NO idea).

Saturday is the only costume day that I have in stone, and that will be Kyoko from Puella Magi Madoka Magica, but without the spear (because I'll be helping Sushi I don't want to leave it alone anywhere... that thing is my baby). Debating bringing out Mello from Death Note either Friday or Sunday, whichever day I'm not getting my photo with the Phelps twins (LM and I are going in civies for that).
Digital Minion for Outlaw Custom Designs.
"When in doubt, duck. When certain, don't bother cause you're already screwed."
Upcoming Cons: BELLECON, MYTHICON, SHADOCON, HOLIDAY MATSURI(?)
Neko_Kaolla is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2013, 07:36 AM   #58
Lucifer

Due to a scheduling conflict, the husband and I will only be attending on Sunday of Megacon. As for costumes, we may go as R and Julie from "Warm Bodies." Easy and fun.

I don't bite. Ok, that's a lie. I totally bite.
Lucifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2013, 11:40 PM   #59
ChibiNeriBuni
Baby Cosplayer

I'll be going Saturday and dressed as female Jack Frost since I probably worn out Rin. So I decided to try something new!

Cosplays:
Amethyst (Steven Universe) 100%,Harley Quinn [O.L] (Batman),Aoba Serageki (Dramatical Murder) 80%, Clear (Dramatical Murder) ,Shion No.6 100%,Hanji Zoe (Shingeki no Kyojin) Ken Kaneki Tokyo Ghoul

Mako date outfit (Kill la Kill) 90%,Rei (Free!) 95%, Nai (Karneval) 90%, Satsuki Momoi (Kurko no Basket) 40%

Makoto (Free!),Monaco {Hetalia} (planning), Sailor Neptune (planning), Neo Queen Serenity (planning)
ChibiNeriBuni is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 12:40 PM   #60
psychoaccess
lithium || flower

I'll be wearing my Miss Aubrey probably on Friday, toting around my giant gold boombox and trying to avoid hitting people, lol. Saturday I will be Gaila from Star Trek 2009. I'm pretty excited to have some comfortable costumes this time around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucifer View Post
Due to a scheduling conflict, the husband and I will only be attending on Sunday of Megacon. As for costumes, we may go as R and Julie from "Warm Bodies." Easy and fun.
Cute!!

||CURRENT||
Medic & Torakaka & Gou - AWA

||PAST||
{Gaila; Star Trek} {Torakaka; BlazBlue} {Sister of Battle; Warhammer40k} {Bride Witch; Left 4 Dead 2} {fem!RedMedic; Team Fortress 2} {Motoko Kusanagi; GitS: S.A.C 2nd GIG} {Zoey; Left 4 Dead}
psychoaccess is offline   Reply With Quote