Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Other Reviews

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 4.50 average.
Unread 09-13-2011, 08:48 PM   #1
cheshirepanda
will eat your soul

Costume/Wig Site Review: hellocosplay.com

Hello! First time giving a review I'm rather pleased with my purchase!

Name of Product: Cosplay White Long Wig

Where Purchased: Hello Cosplay

Product Description: 40 inch long -silver-white- wig. Looks exactly like photo.

Pros: Well first off- I have never received a package so quickly from china~! It was about less then a week (Possibly 3 days, I ordered it on a friday XD)
It was rather comfy fit, I didn't need the straps used to make it smaller (I might also just have a big head lol) The fibers are very soft and rather durable! (What I would expect from Kanekalon) Using flash doesn't kill it either. I also like that the top parting has skin silicone. OH! and it came with a free headcap

Cons: None for me really.

Overall Rating: 10

Future Projects:
Aeris(ff7): 90% Done

I can only Attend Anime Vegas -.-
cheshirepanda is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-19-2011, 09:24 PM   #2
gracerofl

Are hellocosplay.com's wigs any good?

I was thinking of getting this wig for a Parcel Mistress cosplay, but I'm hesitant of ordering a wig online. Has anyone else ordered a wig from hellocosplay?

I've looked around but haven't been able to find any wig reviews for this website.
Thanks!
gracerofl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2011, 05:56 AM   #3
wolfspeaker

I own that precise wig which I used for my gin ichimaru cosplay

I love the wig personally it is thick and soft and silky plus the free wig cap is a bonus though they are black so I would suggest getting a flesh tone one from somewhere else

I broke the plastic sizing hooks in the back but I hear lots of people do that on all sorts of different wigs so it is not that bad I just use safety pins to hold it to the right size or arda wigs sell replacement metal hooks

It arrived for me quickly though I dont know for you and equally I have never tried to dye these wigs so I cant tell you how well that works either

MCM Expo London October

Planned Cosplay

Allen Walker
Captain Toshiro Hitsugaya
Grimmjow Jaegerjaques
wolfspeaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2011, 11:18 AM   #4
gracerofl

That was super helpful- thanks so much!!
gracerofl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2011, 02:21 AM   #5
Rainbow-Allison

Talking Hellocosplay: Grell

Name of Commissioner : Hellocosplay
Character commissioned and series/video game: Black Butler Grell Sutcliff Heavens choir outfit in ep. 17
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: http://www.hellocosplay.com/black-bu...mes-p-610.html <== what it showed and what I wanted
http://media.photobucket.com/image/g...rell.jpg?o=122
^It looks exactly like it!^
Timeline: 2 weeks
I emailed them a few months before I even ordered the cosplay and they got back to me in the same day {I did email later at night I live in the USA.} They were very helpful answered all my questions and told me not to worry. I loved their email team they are great and very friendly thou their english is a little off but you can understand it; it's the common mistakes. Then when I ordered it I have special measurements for I have a different body type and I told them in the special instruances box with all my measurements filled out that I needed to tell them other things about what I wanted on the cosplay since it wasn't on the picture and a few emails back and forth with more measurements and I got buttons where I needed the stomach was showing like I wanted {the special measurements and adds on's where 100% free.} But the sleeves were to long {then again my mom and I aren't the best at measuring.} I LOVE my cosplay and I LOVE this site I would TOTALLY order from here again without a doubt.
Also the fact that they had this outfit when NO ONE else did is more brownie points to me.
Just email them and talk to them tell them what you want and they will tell you what you need to know without having to even place an order.
Cons: Shipping was 20 bucks.
Final Grade: A++
Rainbow-Allison is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2011, 10:27 PM   #6
CrystalBanshee

Name of Commissioner: Hello Cosplay
Commission:
Links to pictures: http://www.hellocosplay.com/renaissa...om-p-3204.html
Timeline: About a month and half, 25 business days.

First let me say I was worried like hell, outfits like these are hard to find and even harder to get made to fit a male so I was worried it was too good to be true. I emailed them and asked all about if they would make it fit a tall skinny guy like me and they said yes. Oh woot! They even offer the option to make you a fitting pettie coat which just made this so cool.

So I wait 25 business days since I ordered during the Halloween rush and a get an email saying it has been shipped. I get home and forgot to check it so I get up late that night and my outfit is already in the states! By the late next day is at my door...I live close to a UPS disturbing airfield so I get shipments quick.

I get it unwrapped and examine the petite coat, it is huge! I mean huge in a good way, it fills out the dress like nothing else. It isn't fancy or thick, but hey it cost 12 bucks, like I have room to complain. The dress...OH MY GOODNESS! The dress is so beautiful I was spinning around with it in my hands. Beautiful crimson cloth, white lace, and white satin, it was so pretty! I slide it on over the petite coat and I look like I am going to the ball. So beautiful.

The arm covers were so comfy, the dress was breathe able, the choker was bit big, but better than tight as hell. I am pretty sure the lace corset front is just for show, but I wasn't wearing my bra to fill it out so I can't say.

You don't need a bra for it! They can make them for guys, I play woman so I use bras to add to the illusion. Over all a wonderful buy!

Now a little side note from a person who buys from China, not everything from China is cheap junk! This is a horrible stereotype! I have ordered other outfits and items from China and they are lasting and it has been years since they were made, so don't think China is cheap stuff. Always do review checks when buy from anywhere. You can get screwed on anything from anywhere in the world, not just China.

Final Grade: A

Now I am off to ball, ta ta!

Costume status:

Subject Delta: 25% done.
CrystalBanshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2011, 09:20 PM   #7
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow-Allison View Post
Name of Commissioner : Hellocosplay
Character commissioned and series/video game: Black Butler Grell Sutcliff Heavens choir outfit in ep. 17
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: http://www.hellocosplay.com/black-bu...mes-p-610.html <== what it showed and what I wanted
http://media.photobucket.com/image/g...rell.jpg?o=122
^It looks exactly like it!^
Timeline: 2 weeks
I emailed them a few months before I even ordered the cosplay and they got back to me in the same day {I did email later at night I live in the USA.} They were very helpful answered all my questions and told me not to worry. I loved their email team they are great and very friendly thou their english is a little off but you can understand it; it's the common mistakes. Then when I ordered it I have special measurements for I have a different body type and I told them in the special instruances box with all my measurements filled out that I needed to tell them other things about what I wanted on the cosplay since it wasn't on the picture and a few emails back and forth with more measurements and I got buttons where I needed the stomach was showing like I wanted {the special measurements and adds on's where 100% free.} But the sleeves were to long {then again my mom and I aren't the best at measuring.} I LOVE my cosplay and I LOVE this site I would TOTALLY order from here again without a doubt.
Also the fact that they had this outfit when NO ONE else did is more brownie points to me.
Just email them and talk to them tell them what you want and they will tell you what you need to know without having to even place an order.
Cons: Shipping was 20 bucks.
Final Grade: A++
Thanks for this review. I'm looking to buy that same costume but for Ciel.

Working on: Lolita!Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan) - Red Riding Hood!Alois Trancy (Black Butler)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2012, 10:48 AM   #8
slayer500

cosplays

so hellocosplay is good site to buy cosplay stuff off
slayer500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2012, 05:16 PM   #9
Gemini25
~Gemini

Well seeing these reviews is sure helping me feel better, although I will be terrified regardless until it gets here!

I just ordered this from them today: http://www.cosplayhouse.com/Cardcapt...y-Costume.html

I really hope it looks just like that and fits me just right! I went with one of their standard sizes (Female medium) just because I heard a lot of mishaps with people putting custom sizes down. The measurements seem pretty close, I'm a tiny bit shorter than the height listed (165", I'm 163) and I may need some light hemming but for the most part it seems pretty close. Like the chest is a 36" and I am in between a 34-36, I'd say more of a 35" The waist is a 28 and that's just about what I am, although I haven't checked since I've lost 11 lbs, I'm prob more of a 27 now. The hips are a 38" and I'm a 36. But all and all, IF those measurements are correct it wouldn't need more than a few light hemming which I can get done for free.

I sure hope it turns out!! I've spent $95 in shipping 2 costumes that didn't work out due to color issues/size from Cosplay Magic out of pocket and then although I got a partial refund, I was still out $44. So essentially, between the money I didn't get refunded and the shipping costs I wasted $140 of my hard earned, not abundant source of money=/

So I NEED this to work out...I'm totally done, I'm not ordering any others except for the wig and contacts I need for this outfit. Especially since there are no refunds here, it needs to work out otherwise I am NOT going to go to A-kon and buy anything else.
Gemini25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2012, 03:48 PM   #10
hitana89

I recently purchased my first-ever cosplay from this company, and I have to say that I personally disagree with the rest of the reviews on this page so far...

I ordered a costume for Kallen Kouzuki from Code Geass, as well as a wig for the same character. I placed the order on March 5, and I was expecting it to arrive in late March, as the website information said to expect a commission to take about 7-14 days to complete. Then March came and went, and I still had nothing.

That was when I went to send them an email asking about the status of my order. Only there, on the contact page, did I find a clue about why my order was taking so long. The reason? A festival in China that lasts from 2/4 until 4/4. For two months, the company wouldn't even be answering their emails from customers! Nowhere else on the site did they tell you this, though you would think it would be front-page news. "Oh, by the way, we won't even start making your costume until the beginning of April, so if your con is in March, well... Sucks to be you!"

Then things got a little better. I sent them an email on April 5 (when I knew they'd be answering them again) and they did get back to me in a very timely fashion. (I got the email from them on the 9th, which gave them one day to catch up and then the weekend off, something else they don't tell you outright.) I was assured that my order would be completed and delivered by April 26th, the day I leave for my convention. In less than a week, I went from wanting to tear my hair out to actually having my costume.

My costume arrived today (It was shipped on Wednesday, and having it on Friday from Shanghai is impressive, I'll give them that!) and it arrived via UPS, even though I'd paid for a cheaper shipping service, which shows they didn't want me angry. Took it out of the bag, and it looks beautiful! A bit cumbersome and awkward, but as it IS a cosplay, I'm going to let it slide. It could be much worse!

Then I try the whole thing on, and BOOM! A zipper breaks! I didn't even get to put the top on before the zipper broke off! Yes, it's a cheap fix, but its one I shouldn't have had to make. Along with this, the wig I ordered looks very different from the one in the photos on the website. The coloring is different (though not drastically so) and the longer sections in the front are VERY long (well past my shoulders, though the wig shown on the site looks to be between chin-and shoulder-length.) The sleevelets and leg wraps are also very tight (the arms more so than the legs.) I do have muscle tone in my limbs, but the elastic in the sleevelets nearly cuts off my circulation. So add a roll of new elastic to my post-commission bill at the fabric store.

So my final thoughts: This place does have better prices than most other sites I researched, but in terms of workmanship, I'm finding that I'm getting what I paid for. It would have been cheaper to buy a more expensive costume that was done correctly than to fix the mistakes on the one I bought from HelloCosplay. I try not to write bad reviews whenever possible, but this one needed it.
hitana89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2013, 06:51 PM   #11
KitsuneNoKoibi

I ordered my Sayaka Miki cosplay off their site (see my forum avatar, I'm in the blue on the far left). Though it was a great costume, their sizing was really off, and I had to nearly resize the whole thing.
But that may have been a mistake on my part, I'm not completely sure.
Anyways, besides the sizing, the quality is great, and it arrives REALLY fast. Like, within 1-2 weeks. I wore it all day for 3 days at Otakon, and there weren't any issues when it comes to ripping or unraveling or anything.

Order with confidence! C:

Luka Megurine 10% done
FACEBOOK PAGE
KitsuneNoKoibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2013, 07:04 PM   #12
zeochan
Bucky take the wheel

Hmm, should I give it a try then? Im looking everywere for a good Hungary wig and I love theirs.

Scarlet Witch (Avengers 2) - Finished!
Black Widow (Captain America 2) - In progress
Winter Soldier (Captain America 2) - On hold

Others:
Black Widow (civilian alternate) - In progress, 20%
Black Widow (civilian alternate #2) - On hold
zeochan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2013, 09:45 PM   #13
skottyboy

Do Not Buy From Hello Cosplay

I bought a costume (premade) from hello copsplay on march 13th. I asked before ordering if it would be ready before mid april. they said yes.
I waited till end of april until i lost it on them and they finally shipped out my items. I knew i would have to do some work on my costume to fit me perfectly and thats why i wanted it earlier.
when i did get it i got a size medium instead of small. on top of that all the accessories where not as shown in the picture online, no broach all was plastic sticky gems and plastic roses.
All the parts to the costume (with exception of broach) where enclosed but not attached. I was meant to sew it on myself. I payed 180 after duty and shipping, I should not have to sew my costume together with dollar store finds.
i bought shoes too! they came very quickly and thought i was pleased with them. ( even though color and ribbon where different from picture) the glue is coming apart and fraying. i only tried it on once and left them in the box.

I am extremely displeased they strung me along telling me that the costume is on it's way ect. and they didn't ship it out till last saturday of april. It took only 3 days to get here. but was already passed the 45 day paypal rule. so i could not get a refund.
The people at hello cosplay, after i submitted the false advertising picture along with my picture, agreed to p[ay only $50 back which i agreed to. knowing that they are difficult. they lied and still have not payed me my refund!

I want to warn all of you that the pictures on their website are not the same quality clothing they distribute! i waited so long and dealt with the unprofessionalism because of those pictures! i have spoken to other cosplayers and apparently their wigs are as good as anyone elses but they struggle with the same issue about shipping out and unprofessional emails. lets buy our wigs from people who aren't crooks and save our money for costumes that are as they appear (even if they look less appealing than those on hello cosplay).

if you wish to see comparrison pictures contact me i have them!

again have safe time buying online! and remember when using paypal , get a refun if your item does not come withing 45 days of purchase. i wish i was warned XD

Skottyboy
skottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2013, 08:00 AM   #14
jquinn

Buyer Beware

Why ask for measurements? I followed their measurement guide and received a costume that just hung on my daughter - no shape or fit. Nothing like the fit portrayed in the picture on their site. And of course, who was "confused" and must have misunderstood? Me, of course. A minimal refund was offered but stay away from this company.
I also pointed out poor construction issues as well, which they did not address. I'll gladly send you pictures if you would like to see this. Though the one star says rude conduct, they were very polite via email. However, they never had any intention of following their own return policy and ultimately acted like I didn't know what "tailor made" meant so it felt like false politeness. Apparently for Hello Cosplay, "tailor made" and "custom made" means that a properly measured 28" inch waist will get you a costume with a 34" waist and if you don't know that or didn't figure that out (because no where is it stated), then you are "confused". According to them, tailor made means "5-15cm" will be added to the submitted measurements so it doesn't fit to tightly? Odd. Though they continue to offer a refund minus shipping and material costs, I cannot trust that will happen if I send the costume back to China. I'll have better luck and more of a refund of my purchase selling it to a local costume retailer. Stay away from these folks and if you do want to try an online costumer, try EBay, where the exact same costume (using the exact picture that Hello Cosplay uses) is offered for $50.00 less. At least if this happens with that retailer, the financial loss won't be so painful.
jquinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2013, 07:58 AM   #15
suzukibeane

Hello Cosplay? Goodbye Cosplay!

Not a very good experience with HelloCosplay. I'm more upset with their lack of accountability than the fact the sent me the wrong wig. I ordered 2 wigs from them, one measured fine, the second was 2 inches shorter than advertised. I had plenty of time before I needed them so figured, let me contact them and get it fixed. They insisted they sent me the right wig, and that I was measuring wrong. I measured both wigs the same way! I sent pictures and measurements. The wigs come to you with no packaging(except a plastic bag), no item number, and an invoice that says "wig". So there is no way to prove you received the wrong item. They were extremely condescending, and acted as if they do no wrong. I went through a series of emails. They offered me a 10% refund or for me to send the wig back (I would have to pay return shipping). I didn't think it was fair for me to shell out the $20 to return ship (and their lack of accountability made me wonder if I would actually get my money back, also, I didn't want 10% off an item I did not order). I eventually had to file a Paypal claim (which they did not respond to). Paypal refunded me. If you go on trustpilot there is a bunch of other reviews saying they have problems with measuring, and Hellocosplay's responses give you a good idea as to how lacking their customer service is. I would NOT order from them. They may look like they have nice stuff, but they are impossible to work with and you are taking a risk as to receiving what you ordered. If you do order, please note returns of their mistakes are your financial responsibility.
suzukibeane is offline   Reply With Quote