Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 937 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 01-23-2013, 10:06 PM   #57016
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

So my friend whose Kirito costume I'm making, we decided to make it out of this super durable white fabric we saw at Joanns. They had very little of it in the store we went to, so he decided to order it online. On the website, it turned out to have only like 3 yards in stock. My friend decided to wait until it came back in stock. And a couple days ago it did! And so he ordered all of the main fabric from the Joanns website. Today they apparently emailed him to say that surprise! it's actually out of stock.

Awesome.

So now we're planning on bussing around to all the different Joanns in the area, and buying out all that they have of this fabric.

In other news, I found this perfect white faux fur for Laxus' jacket trim. It's got this amazing 3 inch pile and it's soft and not curly and looks more like a rock star than a carpet.

Unfortunately, it's also $38/yard. Good thing we probably only need 1/2 a yard. .-.
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-23-2013, 11:26 PM   #57017
Akahime
Red Princess

Totally was being productive today. LMAO I can safely say I'm about 60% done with Cater of FF Type-O. LOL This reminds me to go and buy her a wig this weekend when I get paid.
Quina (FFIX), Kat (Gravity Rush), Nausicaš (Nausicaš of the Valley of the Wind)?, Cheria (Tales of Graces)?, Tia of Avalon Code, Lan Fan of Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood, Kyoko of Skip Beat!, Monster Hunter?

Next cons: Midoricon, Anime Fusion?
Cosplayer and photographer. Follow me at my DA, twitter, or my tumblr!
Akahime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2013, 11:52 PM   #57018
seiryuux
Cosplay Chameleon

- A new convention is coming up this Sunday. Probably gonna be a lot smaller than most cons I've been to, but that's to be expected.

- At said con, I'm hoping to buy a short dark brown bob wig for Kyo Kusanagi and a long dark brown wig for Philemon

- Need to make a stencil to make a cross patter on Kyo Kusanagi's sweatshirt

- Buy another plain white mask to redo Philemon's Persona 1 mask.

- Also really need to work on Igor' mask and read my tarot card book before May

- Finally, trying to figure out Souji Seta/Yu Narukami's winter casual outfit. The jacket and pants are fine but it's the zipper sweater that I'm confused about (namely, the stripes)

Facebook
Fanfiction.net - Persona 3 Portable: Where No Persona Has Gone Before

Last edited by seiryuux : 01-24-2013 at 01:39 AM.
seiryuux is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2013, 02:26 AM   #57019
Nemi

I really wished I had a car again to drive over to Joann to exchange my items and buy more stuff. Then, finish off my outfit. I also need to go to Home Depot for some tools and plywood.

I'm gathering a list of characters I really wanna cosplay and deciding based on if it's medium difficulty, since I'm getting close to finishing my current project.

Additionally, I'm really yearning for a cosplay group someday before Otakon. It seems fun to have a group picture together, and speaking of, I'm gonna have to practice on poses. >_<
Nemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2013, 04:31 AM   #57020
DarkCloudInc
S. M. R. T. I mean...

It's a shame that so much work has gone into Krad but I can't fit him in any other convention. He'll just have to be backup.
---
Planned Cosplay 2014 - Winged Armor Year: Tentative
Pegasus God Cloth - Silver [Saint Seiya]
ACen?: Sat?
DarkCloudInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2013, 08:15 AM   #57021
chibierwin
Tall Little Freak

OMG It snowed! Cain photoshoot after school for sure! I'm sooo glad I got him done before this
In Progress: Syaoran: Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles/ Yusuke Urameshi (Dark Tournament): Yu Yu Hakusho/ Yoh (Revamp): Shaman King/ Jenos Hazard: Black Cat/ Teito Klein (Mourning Robes): 07-Ghost/ Kaito Sinbad: KKJ
chibierwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2013, 09:52 AM   #57022
felicianoVargas

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltySlippers View Post
..about cosplay of course! =^_^=

It's basically a thread for anything you want to say about cosplay but there is no thread for it and can't be arsed to make one.

=]
ok i am a girl who wants to cosplay as a boy but i have a big bust what is the right type of bind i can use?
Unread 01-24-2013, 10:49 AM   #57023
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akahime View Post
Totally was being productive today. LMAO I can safely say I'm about 60% done with Cater of FF Type-O. LOL This reminds me to go and buy her a wig this weekend when I get paid.
Yay! Pictures?

Tried on Saber today with the wig. I don't like how I look in it at all. >_> The curses of being so over-critical about yourself. Not wearing her to a con is not an option due to the amount of hours I put into her but I just...don't like it. I'm going to see if I can put a zipper into the back of the top because the snaps idea, although it works, it doesn't look that good in the back to me.

EDIT: Well, good news, the zipper works great and I can actually breathe now! The bad news is getting it off is almost impossible without a second person helping me. Also I think I'm going to need to get some trim to put on the edges near the zipper cause one of the sides looks a bit...beaten up.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

Last edited by touchmon : 01-24-2013 at 11:52 AM.
touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2013, 12:46 PM   #57024
Pirogoeth05
Western cosplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by felicianoVargas View Post
ok i am a girl who wants to cosplay as a boy but i have a big bust what is the right type of bind i can use?
You should check out this thread. If you can't find the information you need already there, you can ask and plenty of people will help. It's a very useful thread for crossplayer.

Working on:
Dr. Shannon Abbey, First Doctor Bathing Suit, The Doctor, Dawn, Shigure Sohma, GIR, Science Officer [DS9]

Eventually:
Science Officer [TNG], Pirogoeth (D&D oc), Kevin Flynn (black robes)
Pirogoeth05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2013, 12:48 PM   #57025
Akahime
Red Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchmon View Post
Yay! Pictures?
8'D Located here on my tumblr post. Just need to get things this weekend and probably will be done with her by the end of next week (which would be the lastest :3).

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchmon View Post
Tried on Saber today with the wig. I don't like how I look in it at all. >_> The curses of being so over-critical about yourself. Not wearing her to a con is not an option due to the amount of hours I put into her but I just...don't like it. I'm going to see if I can put a zipper into the back of the top because the snaps idea, although it works, it doesn't look that good in the back to me.

EDIT: Well, good news, the zipper works great and I can actually breathe now! The bad news is getting it off is almost impossible without a second person helping me. Also I think I'm going to need to get some trim to put on the edges near the zipper cause one of the sides looks a bit...beaten up.
Well glad to see it worked out! I dislike some of my cosplays on me too! LOL Adding things like a zipper does help a lot though! Which is why I would be reworking some of my old cospalys this weekend after I'm done with Cater. LOL
Quina (FFIX), Kat (Gravity Rush), Nausicaš (Nausicaš of the Valley of the Wind)?, Cheria (Tales of Graces)?, Tia of Avalon Code, Lan Fan of Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood, Kyoko of Skip Beat!, Monster Hunter?

Next cons: Midoricon, Anime Fusion?
Cosplayer and photographer. Follow me at my DA, twitter, or my tumblr!
Akahime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2013, 03:38 PM   #57026
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akahime View Post
8'D Located here on my tumblr post. Just need to get things this weekend and probably will be done with her by the end of next week (which would be the lastest :3).

Well glad to see it worked out! I dislike some of my cosplays on me too! LOL Adding things like a zipper does help a lot though! Which is why I would be reworking some of my old cospalys this weekend after I'm done with Cater. LOL
It looks great! Can't wait to see it done!

I really should be reworking some old cosplays but yeah, I get too distracted by new ones. XD

So I was looking through my pattern collection, I realized I have one that would work for the skirt part of Amnesia Heroine's dress. Dang it. I really want to make the dress now...
To make matters worse, the opening for Fate/Extra CCC came out and I want to pull together Heroine's blue blazer version too. >_> Calm yourself brain. Please. Until I'm done with Camellia Gumi and the other cosplays for this con season.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2013, 03:53 PM   #57027
Celia Rose
wanna-be abs of steel

I'm making my friend's wig and beard from my leftover Princess Mononoke fur. Now I need to find a sweet patterned fabric to use for lining the inside~
Celia Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2013, 03:54 PM   #57028
chibierwin
Tall Little Freak

Ugh, the snow was partially melted when I got home. Plus it's way to cold to take pictures outside!
In Progress: Syaoran: Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles/ Yusuke Urameshi (Dark Tournament): Yu Yu Hakusho/ Yoh (Revamp): Shaman King/ Jenos Hazard: Black Cat/ Teito Klein (Mourning Robes): 07-Ghost/ Kaito Sinbad: KKJ
chibierwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2013, 04:20 PM   #57029
Quinn The Spazz
Positively ineffable

Once again, would rather be working on cosplay than English homework -3-
Samon Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Toshio Ozaki-Shiki, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Yoite-Nabari no Ou, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Kaito Jeanne-Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Friagne-Shakugan no Shana, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)

Last edited by Quinn The Spazz : 01-24-2013 at 04:37 PM.
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2013, 04:31 PM   #57030
momomilk

Got my Rise wig today. Tried it on and it looks absolutely gorgeous! Just going to have to fix the bangs later when I buy some new scissors for hair cutting
Free! - Haruka Nanase

momomilk is offline   Reply With Quote